Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post Game 9/16

Featured Replies

Eovaldi and two out runs and big innings.

 

I think he's tired out but this guy needs to get over doing the same fucking shit all of the time. Hell give up a run and that leads to 4 more.

 

Leads majors in 2-out runs and is pretty much up there in hits allowed too.

 

 

If we trade Eovaldi this offseason, we aren't going to get shit for him. I'd rather hold on to him.

 

 

Evoldi has really blown lately. I get so discouraged when I see his name as the starter. It's worse than if Brad Penny or Hand was pitching how crazy is that

Definitely too soon to give up on Nate. Right now its just knee-jerk reactions. He's at least got next year. Could his role be diminished in 2015 at least to start the year? Yes thats more than likely. But his ship hasn't sailed yet.

 

 

Eovaldi's sudden downturn has become another notch in why the Cosart trade was so huge for us. Amazing how well that's turned out for us thus far.

 

 

Eovaldi's sudden downturn has become another notch in why the Cosart trade was so huge for us. Amazing how well that's turned out for us thus far.

 

Marisnick as an Astro- .265/.296/.326, 0.6 WAR

 

Moran as a Hook (Astros AA)- .304/.350/.411

 

Martes in Astros Rookie Ball- 1 run, 5 hits, 12 strikeouts in 11 innings pitched

 

Cosart as a Marlin- 2.05 ERA, 3.59 xFIP, 1.2 WAR

 

Hernandez as a Marlin- horribly mishandled in favor of Donovan "God Damn" Solano

 

Wates as a Zephyr- .252/.314/.333

 

The main point here will be Cosart vs. Moran. Marisnick and Hernandez will probably end up with similar WARs over the next few seasons, at least, and Wates will be nothing but a 5th outfielder if he ever plays in the Majors. Martes is a wild card here because he could develop into something, but he has a long way to go. Also, the draft pick is not insignificant. Overall, I don't hate the trade, but it was by no means a landslide in the Marlins' favor. At least not yet.

 

 

Ok ok Song, I gotta admit, as I was typing what I wrote I was thinking of how that could be misintrepreted and yes I know exactly what you mean. I guess I just meant that so far this trade has been quite fruitful for the Marlins. Cosart has been more than great and its helped fill in for Jose's absence, has stepped up when Alvarez has had his oblique issues, and has helped to bandage Eovaldi's recent suck. So yes, while the trade is more than just those factors, Cosart so far has been a very nice piece. That is all.

 

 

If we trade Eovaldi this offseason, we aren't going to get shit for him. I'd rather hold on to him.

 

 

I really disagree. I think Eovaldi will have plenty of value for many reasons.

 

1. Age/Cost/Service Time

 

2. Velocity/Stuff

 

3. Starting Pitcher

 

4. About 200 IP in 2014

 

This is not Jacob Turner. Eovaldi is early enough in his career that many teams will want him, and they'll pin their hopes on a "change of scenery" and/or "the great stuff/makeup/durability/etc".

 

Eovaldi on the open market is probably worth around what Jared Cosart was, honestly. Maybe a tad less because he has more service time, but the circumstances are pretty damn similar.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.