Marlins Showing Strong Interest In Adam LaRoche

pollythewog

Garrett Jones is basically a poor man's Adam Lind. Adam Lind's value this offseason was Marco Estrada who's a big league starter.

The younger version of Garrett Jones got us Carter Capps last year.

He doesn't have much value obviously, but his value is definitely better than the nothing it's made out to be, IMO.

I meant Jones's 2014...

I agree on the 2 year thing, but I fear it may take a 3 year.

Even if he's 2014 Garrett Jones, it's still a serviceable line against righties.

Remember that certain teams could use a DH and most teams tend to have more than one guy fill that position in the AL. That's realistically what Jones is at this point. A team like the Royals perhaps could use him with Billy Butler likely not coming back. I haven't looked at all the rosters lately, but I'm sure there at least a handful of examples where Garrett Jones could be an upgrade as a 1B/DH. For a .750 floor .OPS bat against righties, I don't think that the salary is outrageous either. Some team would take him, I think.

Even if he's 2014 Garrett Jones, it's still a serviceable line against righties.

Remember that certain teams could use a DH and most teams tend to have more than one guy fill that position in the AL. That's realistically what Jones is at this point. A team like the Royals perhaps could use him with Billy Butler likely not coming back. I haven't looked at all the rosters lately, but I'm sure there at least a handful of examples where Garrett Jones could be an upgrade as a 1B/DH. For a .750 floor .OPS bat against righties, I don't think that the salary is outrageous either. Some team would take him, I think.

This. And Jones is also capable of playing RF, so he gives a lot of options to the team that acquires him. I think the A's could be a fit, they're probably in the market for a Jones type left handed bat capable of filling a few holes...