Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orioles @ marlins, 7:10 pm, 5/22

Featured Replies

I like the Ichiro guy

 

You know why Ichiro doesn't have his last name on his jersey? It's because his last name is Solano.

 

 

Salty is 3-16 in AAA right now.

 

I wish we got him to do that here

 

 

Well, back at it tomorrow.  The misery will have to end sooner or later.  Right?

 

 

Well, back at it tomorrow.  The misery will have to end sooner or later.  Right?

 

I. I. I dont know.

 

 

Why wouldn't you challenge?

 

Way to have your team's back, DJ.

 

He was clearly out. That has nothing to do with DJ. Him challenging would've actually made look stupider for trying.

 

 

​Nicolino has looked like crap his last two starts. I'd really like to save him for later in the year before starting the clock. Flores has seen no time above AA. Yes, he has performed well down there and will probably be with the Zs by the ASB. But he needs time there before coming here. I have my concerns about his command at times. He just generates a lot of swings and misses cuz the movement is good.

 

Saying we don't have hitting prospects to call up is simply wrong. Rottino and Miguel Rojas are both top 10 hitters in the PCL right now and Shoemaker is absolutely raking. Dude is really hyped to get a shot in the majors after missing all of 2013. Before the injury, he posted amazing numbers at every level he ever played at. He is an extremely under the radar guy who can contribute tons of power along with an amazing plate presence and patience. I really think even at 28 this dude is a future 2-5 hole hitter. His power probably better suits him for the 4-5 slot but the patience he shows rivals the power and he could definitely be a top of the order catalyst.

 

All three of those dudes should be with the Marlins right now.

 

​You misunderstand. When I talk about prospects I mean people with legitimate futures. Shoemaker and Rottino have no legitimate futures on a major league squad. I've touted Miguel Rojas before and have said in the past he should be on a major league team, but he's a backup infielder in the majors who excels because of his defense (regardless of his good offensive season in AAA).

 

Our prospects suck. Our hitting prospects in AA or above for the most part have little to no future as starters in the major leagues. The pitchers I mentioned are the best we have currently and in a wasted season should likely see a shot sometime soon. Our minor league system sucks. You can rationalize it however you want, but it really really sucks.

 

 

wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhheeeeeennnnnnnnn dddddddddddoooooooooeeeeeesssssssssss iiiiiiiiittttttttttttt eeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd

 

 

​Yes

 

​well you and I will have to agree to disagree on that one. My confidence in this ownership is just about at an all-time low. 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.