Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cishek optioned to AA

Featured Replies

​Thats not a problem i wouldn't think.  We have a bunch of guys who could be designated to clear a 40 man spot.

 

Claiborne, Ramsey, Rojas, Smith, Mazarro, etc.

 

If they bring up one of these retreads rather than Wittgren just because he is on the 40 man that would be incredibly annoying. 

 

I kinda hope they do bring up Mazzaro.

 

 

I kinda hope they do bring up Mazzaro.

 

​he pitched today.  for the marlins.  he's already up here.  not sure when this happened because when i saw him come up today I was not aware he was on the roster.  Apparently Rienzo is on the team as well right now.

 

 

I'm guessing it's AA instead of AAA because they do not plan on bringing up Wittgren and they want Cishek to be in a closer's role.

 

 

I'm guessing it's AA instead of AAA because they do not plan on bringing up Wittgren and they want Cishek to be in a closer's role.

 

​I saw that it was AA because the AAA team is out west right now and his pitching coach is in AA.  Don't know the validity of that though.

 

 

​Thats not a problem i wouldn't think.  We have a bunch of guys who could be designated to clear a 40 man spot.

 

Claiborne, Ramsey, Rojas, Smith, Mazarro, etc.

 

If they bring up one of these retreads rather than Wittgren just because he is on the 40 man that would be incredibly annoying. 

 

Rojas would not clear waivers and is a good piece to have in the organization. The rest of the players on your list are replacement level on their best days, so they can kick rocks. Rojas though, should absolutely stay. 

 

 

Rojas would not clear waivers and is a good piece to have in the organization. The rest of the players on your list are replacement level on their best days, so they can kick rocks. Rojas though, should absolutely stay. 

 

​Not saying you're wrong but why is that?  I know nothing about the guy but his minor league hitting track record is pretty bad and he was god awful last year hitting wise for the dodgers.

 

 

​He's not on the 40-man roster, so we'll probably see someone super exciting like Kendry Flores instead.

 

Flores is a starter. We will probably DFA someone from the 40-man to make room for Wittgren (my guess is Smith or Claiborne who hasn't thrown this year) He's an MLB ready late inning reliever right now with good closer stuff.

 

 

Its possible they bring a bat up considering the bench is short

 

​they said Hech would be back tomorrow though.  Jennings said today he could have played, they were just being cautious.  He apparently went through a normal pre game routine.

 

 

  • Author
​they said Hech would be back tomorrow though.  Jennings said today he could have played, they were just being cautious.  He apparently went through a normal pre game routine.

 

​Its short even with Hech back though isn't it?  We are one man short I think

 

 

​Not saying you're wrong but why is that?  I know nothing about the guy but his minor league hitting track record is pretty bad and he was god awful last year hitting wise for the dodgers.

 

​He is the best defensive shortstop in baseball next to Andrelton Simmons. Not that we really need that now that Hech has started playing consistently good defense, but he's still a valuable depth piece to have. If Hech gets injured to the point that he needs to go on the DL, do you really want to see Donovan Solano starting at SS for two weeks?

 

 

Its possible they bring a bat up considering the bench is short

 

The only bats on the 40 that aren't on the club or on the DL are Dietrich and Rojas. We know it won't be Dietrich because Loria, and it probably won't be Rojas, although he is mysteriously absent from the Zephyrs starting lineup, and I wouldn't really consider him a "bat" anyway, more like a glove. 

 

 

​Its short even with Hech back though isn't it?  We are one man short I think

 

​i have no fucking idea who is even on the team at this point

 

 

The only bats on the 40 that aren't on the club or on the DL are Dietrich and Rojas. We know it won't be Dietrich because Loria, and it probably won't be Rojas, although he is mysteriously absent from the Zephyrs starting lineup, and I wouldn't really consider him a "bat" anyway, more like a glove. 

 

Rojas is definitely glove first. He has been on a hit streak lately though.

 

 

It takes a big man to accept this demotion and to work on his craft in the minors, I think it shows a lot of what Steve is made of and his character. 

 

Not once has he blamed others, or raised the question as to why him. 

 

I hope he gets comfortable, regains his confidence and can come back in a few weeks with reckless abandon and show us that he's still has plenty left in the tank.

 

I'm so glad he didn't learn how to handle adversity from Heath Bell and he isn't being tested by the lord himself. 

 

 

If it is, which I agree with you in thinking it might be, does that mean Hech needs a little more time to cry for Shrek?

 

​

 

 

22 base runners, 13 ER in 11.1 IP in the 9th inning. in the minors. making 6.5mil. I'd be surprised if his career isn't straight up over at this point.

 

also, the scapegoat is and has been Loria for 10 years now

 

 

I think its Rojas

 

Think it's gonna be Wittgren. Dude has definitely earned it the most of anyone down there. Sure we need another bat but Jose is still a at least two weeks away and we aren't going to go with 7 RPs. Plus im pretty sure Hech will be back soon and though he has been on a hot streak, Ramos is Hech Light.

 

Wittgren is a guy who could come up and if a Ramos struggles, become the closer by the ASB. He has the stuff and the reputation. Dude has a 23/3 K BB. Pretty hard to ignore. I think the delay is that they are trying to decide who to DFA. My money is on either Claiborne or  Smith.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.