Samson has a word for Boras

Admin

Our baseball people do what is in the best interests of the team and the player. My strong suggestion to Mr. Boras is that instead of resting on his 5 percent that he collects from his stable of players, he write a check and buy a team. Because then he would have the opportunity to run a team that he claims to be so able do to. … Every decision we make is based on the best interests of the team and always has been.

This is after Boras made some anti-Marlin comment in regards to Ozuna:

He's a lifetime .265 hitter, and I can find you 30 players in the major leagues that went 1-for-36 some time in their career and they did not get sent to the minor leagues," Boras said Wednesday at the MLB general manager meetings. 

I think when he came back to the big leagues he proved his point, he's a major-leaguer, and I just think when you do those things it sends a message to players, sends a message to the locker room and sends a message to everyone that looks at the organization that there is a calculus going on that is beyond performance.

Guest Vince0926

Just trade ozuna and throw 6 years 150 million at Fernandez and call it a day. Jesus I wish I can negotiate with my boss over a couple of million. Moreover speaking of millions, this guy boras is a douche. I can't imagine what to do with the money he gets....AND HE KEEPS WANTING MORE!

Guest Vince0926
Just trade Jose Fernandez now before it's too late. He'll never sign here long-term. 

I actually think thats untrue. Stanton signed and i believe people didnt think he would. Offer him the 6, $150 , and if he doesnt accept then well..... When he is a free agent?

I actually think thats untrue. Stanton signed and i believe people didnt think he would. Offer him the 6, $150 , and if he doesnt accept then well..... When he is a free agent?

2019 I think. Either way, he (or probably Boras) turned down a multiyear extension already. We shall see after this season what happens.

Boras is the best agent in baseball for a reason.

Marlins sent down Ozuna to save money because they are cheap fuckers.  I get it for keeping a year of control, for reasons like this and being subjected to the crap they had last year instead was stupid, unprofessional and typical Loria.

There is 0 chance Ozuna is on this team.  There is zero chance Marlins get a #2 pitcher for him. He will still be moved.

This should present a fun dilemma  soon, since Loria supposedly loves Fernandez (or did at one time) and he is represented by Boras, this will only get fun sooner or later.

Marlins sent down Ozuna to save money because they are cheap fuckers.  I get it for keeping a year of control, for reasons like this and being subjected to the crap they had last year instead was stupid, unprofessional and typical Loria.

You are 100% wrong, they sent him down because he was hitting for shit. Had he produced, they wouldn't have demoted him. They kept him down longer for financial reasons but that's not the same thing.  He fucked himself over by being shit before his demotion. If you think they would've demoted him regardless, you're completely wrong.

You are 100% wrong, they sent him down because he was hitting for shit. Had he produced, they wouldn't have demoted him. They kept him down longer for financial reasons but that's not the same thing.  He fucked himself over by being shit before his demotion. If you think they would've demoted him regardless, you're completely wrong.

No but they kept him down for stupid financial reasons because Loria is Loria.

You send a player down for 2 weeks because you want to send a message.  You keep him down for 6 weeks because you are a spiteful, cheap organization.

No but they kept him down for stupid financial reasons because Loria is Loria.

You send a player down for 2 weeks because you want to send a message.  You keep him down for 6 weeks because you are a spiteful, cheap organization.

I fully agree he was kept down longer for financial reasons. Only has himself to blame for being in that spot though.

not every team, just those that nickel and dime things and cry to being a small market with no money.

(i know the pirates have done the same)

Cubs kept Bryant down an extra week to begin this year and ultimately that decision may have cost them home-field in the Wild-Card game. They won anyway but just saying. That was 100% financial.

Cubs kept Bryant down an extra week to begin this year and ultimately that decision may have cost them home-field in the Wild-Card game. They won anyway but just saying. That was 100% financial.

they kept him down for an extra year of control, which is smart business.

keeping a guy down for super 2 status is nickel and diming it.

bryant will be a super 2 when he gets to that point if he doesnt sign long term before then.

they kept him down for an extra year of control, which is smart business.

keeping a guy down for super 2 status is nickel and diming it.

Why did they want the extra year of control? To put off FA dollars an extra year. It wasn't Super-2 but it sure as hell was financially based.