10/2 - Marlins at Nationals - 3 PM

Admin

Marlins haven't been over .500 since 2009, when the team featured the likes of Emilio Bonifacio, Rick Vandenhurk, Alfredo Amezaga, Andrew Miller, and some dude named Leo Nunez (no trace of this man since).

I find it incredible how some of us have remained fans of a team with just 4 winning seasons since our World Series win in 2003. 

Marlins haven't been over .500 since 2009, when the team featured the likes of Emilio Bonifacio, Rick Vandenhurk, Alfredo Amezaga, Andrew Miller, and some dude named Leo Nunez (no trace of this man since).

I find it incredible how some of us have remained fans of a team with just 4 winning seasons since our World Series win in 2003. 

Well when you put it that way it's even weirder when a team with Boni, Vandenhurk, Amezaga, and Leo Nunez finishes over .500 yet a team with Jose Fernandez, Stanton, Yelich, Osuna, etc can't get over the .500 mark. I know there's other factors involved but it's funny.

Well when you put it that way it's even weirder when a team with Boni, Vandenhurk, Amezaga, and Leo Nunez finishes over .500 yet a team with Jose Fernandez, Stanton, Yelich, Osuna, etc can't get over the .500 mark. I know there's other factors involved but it's funny.

*bans*

Every season we hope for that year, the Marlins go on a little run for a while then fall flat. Its been like that for years now.

More sad then usually for last game of season, we had so much hope and promise and then to top it off we lost Jose, that was so final. Now its over? just like that? Whats the plan moving forward. Many things to ponder and reflect about after today.

I mean the truth that everyone will have to start facing is that the fish needed pieces even with Jose. 

Now that he is gone...

A player and presence like that is once in a life time. And to think... he didn't even get a chance to live up to that potential! So I think the next year or two will be very difficult.

The front office "did everything right" and will likely spend the next year eroding the good faith they "earned" over the past few weeks.

(I use quotations because it is my belief that they handled this in the only way they could and were applauded for not being monsters. We only praise them because we expect them to behave like monsters).

So when the merchandising of his life through Jerseys, commemorative games, bobbleheads, and memorial unveilings is over I hope the road they paved to Allstar weekend is not decorated in Jose plaques but instead accolade. Accolades for the work the new players, current players, and front office members have done to bounce back have a competitive season. The type of season we were promised when we were first introduced to Mike Stanton.