Edwin Encarnacion

Erick

Isn't he looking for like four or five years? The dude turns 34 next month. I'd honestly rather just keep Bour and use that money elsewhere.

They're willing to go that many years for one of the closers. Why not for one of the best hitters in baseball?

They're willing to go that many years for one of the closers. Why not for one of the best hitters in baseball?

Because I'm assuming Encarnacion would be asking for significantly more money, not to mention there is the chance he pulls a Pujols and falls on his face two years into the deal.

The Marlins aren't the type of team that can afford handing out massive contracts to aging players.

If it doesn't affect the way they spend otherwise, then sure; do it, but you know it would.

I don't think Edwin improves enough on Bour to commit 100 million towards him. Of course he's a much better player but it isn't a position of need really.

Probably a moot point since it's not happening anyway, but I disagree. Edwin is way better than Bour. For starters, he's an every day player rather than Bour who can only platoon. 

Probably a moot point since it's not happening anyway, but I disagree. Edwin is way better than Bour. For starters, he's an every day player rather than Bour who can only platoon. 

How can you disagree with me when my next line basically said the same thing as you?

"Of course he's a much better player"