Mark Trumbo

Admin

I would MUCH rather have Trumbo as an upgrade over Bour than Chapman/Jansen upgrade over Ramos.

He easily improves this lineup.

1- Gordon .268-1-14

2- Prado .305-8-75

3- Yelich .298-21-98

4. Trumbo .256-47-108

5- Stanton .240-27-74

6- Ozuna .266-23-76

7- Realmuto .303-11-48

8- Hechavarria .236-3-38

We all know Realmuto and his .348 OBP should be leading off but Marlins will keep Dee there. I really like this lineup with Trumbo instead of Bour unless they keep Bour and replace Ozuna in a trade.

Trumbo in LF would be an adventure though in spacious Marlins Park. 

I worry that Trumbo's 2016 was a fluke.

Trumbo's career OPS: .776

Bour's career OPS: .802

There is a chance Trumbo would end up not being an upgrade over Bour at all, and we'd be paying him a huge chunk of money in the process.

career OPS's are a quite misleading there.Trumbomb's 2016 looks very unflukey with room for improvement per peripherals (sorry @Mike Hill) His defense is much worse than Bour's though

career OPS's are a quite misleading there.Trumbomb's 2016 looks very unflukey with room for improvement per peripherals (sorry @Mike Hill) His defense is much worse than Bour's though

Majorly misleading....Bour is injury prone and we have enough of that with Stanton. What is the difference of Bour and Trumbo with RISP? Marlins are in need of another good RISP hitter. Stanton can't.

Majorly misleading....Bour is injury prone and we have enough of that with Stanton. What is the difference of Bour and Trumbo with RISP? Marlins are in need of another good RISP hitter. Stanton can't.

I mean, Stanton is a lifetime .266/.391/.489 hitter with RISP.

But, narratives.

Trumbo has a lifetime BB rate of 6.7 percent, so if he doesn't hit 35-40 home runs, he's nothing more than an average hitter. Heck, he hit 34 home runs in 2013 and ended up with a .747 OPS.

He also turns 31 next month, so it's not like he's an improving young hitter.

I'm skeptical.

Trumbo has a lifetime BB rate of 6.7 percent, so if he doesn't hit 35-40 home runs, he's nothing more than an average hitter. Heck, he hit 34 home runs in 2013 and ended up with a .747 OPS.

He also turns 31 next month, so it's not like he's an improving young hitter.

I'm skeptical.

I mean I am too of course (much prefer edwin) but Trumbo skillset is one that ages well and shows up late though