MLB's Next Superstars

CyggyMarlin

career too

You know what, I'm okay with that. If Yelich has a better career than Stanton I think this team had two cornerstones partrolling the outfiled for 10+ years and might have contended a time or two.

I don't see stanton becoming a .230 hitter and not hitting 30+ home runs. When healthy, he's a legitimate bat in the middle of the lineup teams are afraid of. Hopefully he can stay relatively healthy for years to come.

You know what, I'm okay with that. If Yelich has a better career than Stanton I think this team had two cornerstones partrolling the outfiled for 10+ years and might have contended a time or two.

I don't see stanton becoming a .230 hitter and not hitting 30+ home runs. When healthy, he's a legitimate bat in the middle of the lineup teams are afraid of. Hopefully he can stay relatively healthy for years to come.

I actually love watching Stanton play and even when he's slumping he's a must-see AB.  I just firmly believe injuries are going to continue to derail him year after year and he'll never reach the 50hr season mark that everyone keeps waiting for him to do - I honestly think he may not even hit the 40hr mark in a season.  The argument can be made that some of the injuries are just freak occurrences but nobody can deny that it's now become a pattern for him.  He just can't play a full season.  As a lifelong Marlins fan I hope he finally rights the ship and becomes the masher we know he can be and really takes this lineup to the next level.  When he's rolling this lineup produces runs at a nice clip so consistency and health would really turn this team around. 

With that contract, if Stanton isn't a superstar the Marlins are probably doomed.

With the way contracts are going, it'll be a bargain in a few years.

I'd argue Stanton's a superstar in PR/marketing right now. He's young, engaging, humble and mashes. He's the perfect face of a franchise trying to keep and gain fan support.

His homeruns are top 10 plays, and he is a media darling.

While his contract may be huge right now, the amount of good press and exposure he generates for this is more than enough. Think about it, other teams players are openly begging for him to play in the HRD, and the press eats it up. This year alone he'll earn his contract for this year from all the press he's going to get.

He's a decent player, combining his health and production together. He can be a superstar like Cutch, Harvey, Harper and Longoria  if he can stay healthy. He's shown he can have flashes of .300 hitting and massive homers. Consistency will make him a Superstar player, but he's already a Superstar in the news/ marketing.