Sherman-Jeter ownership close to being approved

JTRiddlesMom

https://www.fanragsports.com/jeters-marlins-bid-may-be-voted-on-soon/

FYI Jeter will only own a 4% share of the team. Michael Jordan just half of one share. Sherman of course will be the control person with a 46% share. Also a COO will be hired to actually run the business side as Sherman has no baseball experience. It's amazing how little experience this entire group has. There's no guarantee any of this works out. It's a little scary how unknown the post-Loria era will be. We assumed it'd be only better things after Loria but I'm not convinced. 

I have to believe that baseball would not approve another Loria situation.  Also, I don't think Jeter is going to risk his reputation by getting involved with a group that would operate the team poorly.  I understand why everyone is nervous, but I'm cautiously optimistic.  Loria being going gives this team a chance...let's see what they do with it. 

I have to believe that baseball would not approve another Loria situation.  Also, I don't think Jeter is going to risk his reputation by getting involved with a group that would operate the team poorly.  I understand why everyone is nervous, but I'm cautiously optimistic.  Loria being going gives this team a chance...let's see what they do with it. 

Cant be any worse then the clowns we have now. Im hoping Jeter turns the Marlins into a proper baseball team , give them abit of class they deserve. Because right now its a joke.

Cant be any worse then the clowns we have now. Im hoping Jeter turns the Marlins into a proper baseball team , give them abit of class they deserve. Because right now its a joke.

"Can't be worse" is pretty subjective. It could still be pretty bad and while I'm admitting all of this is speculation, plenty of early signs are saying things could still suck around here. 

i could see Jeter blowing shit up (Sherman listening because he has zero baseball experience and since Jeter played he must know everything) and then saying, "wow, this job is hard and this sucks" then cutting his losses and leaving the team even worse off. 

I dunno, it's really hard to be optimistic because of the red flags everywhere - that, combined with a history of flat out shitty luck and bad management have most Marlins fans jaded and leaning towards hardline pessimism at every turn.  We're a hyper-sensitive lot with all the shit we've dealt with by being fans of this team throughout the years.  Easier to see the bad than any good I guess.

The bar is pretty low to be better than Loria.  The Marlins are currently the worst run team in sports, so simply not being a dumpster fire would a huge improvement.

Better than Loria would include:

1.Hiring good people and letting them do their job.

2. Having a strategy about how to operate the team and sticking to it. 

3. Not being complete jerks to fans and media.

Never in my life would I say, that post-Loria might be scarier than with him. MLB just must hate this franchise with a passion. All they have done is anything and everything to thwart it from flourishing.

An asteroid might crash into the earth and kill all of us instantaneously. 

I don’t mean any disrespect to you by saying that but your post is short sighted.

We know this franchise was going nowhere with Loria.  14 years of no playoffs with no end in sight. With new ownership, there are other results that are possible other than nowhere. 

We need pitching so maybe Jeter could trade with Cincy for Luis Castillo.  I hear he is pretty good.  We good trade the outfield and pick up half the salaries. Point is, no pitching, no where to get it from and nothing in the minors.  And if you can pick up one or two decent arms, you kill the offense doing it.  We can see Yelich, even with the contract having value and Ozuna.  After that, discounting Stanton, they will ask for Bour and JT (not Riddle).

An asteroid might crash into the earth and kill all of us instantaneously. 

I don’t mean any disrespect to you by saying that but your post is short sighted.

We know this franchise was going nowhere with Loria.  14 years of no playoffs with no end in sight. With new ownership, there are other results that are possible other than nowhere. 

And what does this have to do with my post ? I was just saying that a post-Loria world might be scarier than with Loria.....and if these guys are cash poor after the buy why would MLB do that to us yet again ?

i could see Jeter blowing shit up (Sherman listening because he has zero baseball experience and since Jeter played he must know everything) and then saying, "wow, this job is hard and this sucks" then cutting his losses and leaving the team even worse off. 

I dunno, it's really hard to be optimistic because of the red flags everywhere - that, combined with a history of flat out shitty luck and bad management have most Marlins fans jaded and leaning towards hardline pessimism at every turn.  We're a hyper-sensitive lot with all the shit we've dealt with by being fans of this team throughout the years.  Easier to see the bad than any good I guess.

You pretty much assessed perfectly how it's been to be a Marlins fan.