Your Favorite sleeper/none top 10 Marlins prospect

no offense, and i understand the need to preach patience, but those kind of numbers in any stretch should worry the hell out of you.  We can still have faith that he will figure it out, but to say that doesnt worry you when even outside of that he's never pitched well at any point in the minors is kind of absurd.

I think the old regime is at fault for screwing him up to begin with.  I remember reading that they changed his delivery from the start in order to avoid injury and he got injured anyway.  His fastball wasn't the same as it was in high school because of the changes.  They also made him drop his slider and taught him a curveball also to avoid injury.  Hopefully the new regime will let him go back to what worked for him in high school.  And yes, I would be thrilled if he can at least become a late inning pitcher.  At this point he's nothing more than a high ceiling low floor project.

I think the old regime is at fault for screwing him up to begin with.  I remember reading that they changed his delivery from the start in order to avoid injury and he got injured anyway.  His fastball wasn't the same as it was in high school because of the changes.  They also made him drop his slider and taught him a curveball also to avoid injury.  Hopefully the new regime will let him go back to what worked for him in high school.  And yes, I would be thrilled if he can at least become a late inning pitcher.  At this point he's nothing more than a high ceiling low floor project.

the old regime was so incredibly bad at developing pitchers.  It is absurd how careful the previous regime was with pitchers (way overly careful) and how many still got injured.

no offense, and i understand the need to preach patience, but those kind of numbers in any stretch should worry the hell out of you.  We can still have faith that he will figure it out, but to say that doesnt worry you when even outside of that he's never pitched well at any point in the minors is kind of absurd.

I remember a few years ago there was a very good pitcher in the majors who allowed something like 8 runs in 0.2 innings against the Marlins. I don't think this is as important as some people think. If he puts those numbers up for a few weeks in a row, then I'll be concerned.

I remember a few years ago there was a very good pitcher in the majors who allowed something like 8 runs in 0.2 innings against the Marlins. I don't think this is as important as some people think. If he puts those numbers up for a few weeks in a row, then I'll be concerned.

fair enough, he's just never done anything aside from being the #2 pick to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Obviously he was coming back from TJ and something was clearly wrong, but he has a shot this year.  Hopefully he can show something.

fair enough, he's just never done anything aside from being the #2 pick to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Obviously he was coming back from TJ and something was clearly wrong, but he has a shot this year.  Hopefully he can show something.

For what it's worth, I don't think he should have been the #2 pick to begin with