Your Favorite sleeper/none top 10 Marlins prospect

Ben Meyer

K/BB seem to be consistently good. He has shown above average command and an ability to avoid HR. He minimizes fly balls, and has shown an above average rate of getting infield flies. Keep in mind that is paired with his above average K rate. He is a little old for his league and was drafted in the 29th round. With a lengthy 6-5 frame . He has a slurvy slow pitch paired with a good to not great fastball/change. What he does really well is know how to pitch. 

Personally, the only guy I like more from our system(not recently acquired) is Brian Anderson.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa827392&position=P

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-fringe-five-baseballs-most-compelling-fringe-prospects-98/

Trevor Richards: Pitcher

He's put up dominant numbers in the minors with a high 80's to low 90's fastball.  Of course his best pitch is his change up which is well above average.  What's more interesting to me is where he came from.  After being undrafted he spent a year and a half in an Indy league before the Marlins signed him.  He has since move rapidly through the system and should be ready this year.

Ricardo Cespedes and Brayan Hernandez: Outfield 

Both OF's were acquired in the Phelps and Ramos trades.  They have five tool ability if they can develop them. Both are young and profile as legit CF's.  They are in the very low minors and have a ways to go.  Hopefully we hit on one of them.

My pick! : James Nelson

13th overall prospect. 3rd base. Great hitter! Defense needs work, but to me has one of the best bats in our system. Im hoping he hits the majors this year. Any one agree with me?

His lack of power last year concerns me, but he was also really young.  This year is a big year for him.  Im hugely skeptical of guys who have only shown hitting promise in greensboro.  I feel like we've seen a bunch of guys put up similar years to his and then plummet after leaving G-boro.

fun thread!

I'm pretty pumped to see Magneuris Sierra play. Should be fun to watch.

Brian Miller (36th overall pick last year) had an awesome 250 or so A abs last year. If he continues that bb/so rate could seem him mlb midway esp if yelich gone

Also, I expect less Ks and more dongs from James Nelson

I think Dillon Peters can still be a legit #3 and hope he keeps progressing.

Sleeper: Kolek, why da fuq not

fun thread!

I'm pretty pumped to see Magneuris Sierra play. Should be fun to watch.

Brian Miller (36th overall pick last year) had an awesome 250 or so A abs last year. If he continues that bb/so rate could seem him mlb midway esp if yelich gone

Also, I expect less Ks and more dongs from James Nelson

I think Dillon Peters can still be a legit #3 and hope he keeps progressing.

Sleeper: Kolek, why da fuq not

I agree.  Brian Miller is a nice prospect.  I'm excited to see how he continues to develop this season.

To be fair he was coming off of TJ surgery.  Let's see how he does this year.

Oh ya i know, i just wanted to point out the ridiculousness of the numbers.  3.2 IP, 29.45 ERA, 4.91 WHIP, 1/14 K/BB ratio (ya that's not a type), and 3 hit batters.  That's hard to do.

Oh ya i know, i just wanted to point out the ridiculousness of the numbers.  3.2 IP, 29.45 ERA, 4.91 WHIP, 1/14 K/BB ratio (ya that's not a type), and 3 hit batters.  That's hard to do.

3 innings where he allowed about 10 runs and walked 14. Just sounds like a terrible stretch. That doesn't worry me. I still think he will be useful in the majors at some point. We just need to have patience and make sure we try him out in different roles if he fails as an SP, so as to not repeat an Andrew Miller/Brad Hand situation.

3 innings where he allowed about 10 runs and walked 14. Just sounds like a terrible stretch. That doesn't worry me. I still think he will be useful in the majors at some point. We just need to have patience and make sure we try him out in different roles if he fails as an SP, so as to not repeat an Andrew Miller/Brad Hand situation.

no offense, and i understand the need to preach patience, but those kind of numbers in any stretch should worry the hell out of you.  We can still have faith that he will figure it out, but to say that doesnt worry you when even outside of that he's never pitched well at any point in the minors is kind of absurd.