How do you feel about all this?

Derek Jeter stated: “Everybody expects the Latin players to make an effort to speak English. Well, especially here in Miami, if you don’t speak Spanish, you don’t fit in. I think it’s important.” This kind of commitment to the community shows how this new ownership actively cares about making their players and coaches better people.

So Jeter speaks Spanish good ?

He's a biracial angel so it's entirely possible he's a bilingual angel as well.

Because I'm racist, obviously.

I explained why it bugs me so much in the paragraphs i wrote that you didn't include in your quote.

Sure, but perhaps these lessons are occurring during times that would otherwise have not been used for baseball activity anyhow, such as the bus rides from city to city.

More focus on signing International players and making the Marlins an International destination for players coming from Latin American Countries (DR, Venenzuela, Cuba, etc.) Marlins also want to bring in more international fans. 

I really haven't seen any of  this? Were they active in the international signing period and just missed seeing this? I remember them including signing money in trades so they had less to spend, but if they got anybody good let me know

n addition to building a better relationship with fans, Jeter wants to bring stars to Marlins Park, such as Shaq and DJ Khaled, as well as repair the relations Loria destroyed with local politicians. 

Stars?!? Someone had to explain who the guy from Jersey Shore was, Shaq is cool but most of these "Stars" wouldn't entice me to show up to a game

If they want me to show up it really comes down to putting a better product on the field, not special nights or give aways

If they want me to show up it really comes down to putting a better product on the field, not special nights or give aways

Absolutely but "you" are a baseball fan interested in a winning team and they also have to cater to people who aren't like you therefore there's nothing wrong with them trying to attract everyone else with special nights, giveaways and or celebrities especially at a time when the team is so bad. It's smart marketing. 

Absolutely but "you" are a baseball fan interested in a winning team and they also have to cater to people who aren't like you therefore there's nothing wrong with them trying to attract everyone else with special nights, giveaways and or celebrities especially at a time when the team is so bad. It's smart marketing. 

I believe most fans cared more the "product on the field" than anything else,but everybody knows it needs time (3~5 years or never happened) to reach that,so what they do now was just what they could do to attract people to the ballpark.