3/18 vs Nationals 1:05 p.m.

SonOfJack

Probably a big start in terms of deciding whether or not Caleb makes the team.

I don't even know why it's a question. He did more than enough to prove he's big-league ready last year, and assuming he's healthy enough to get back out there, he should be in the rotation. I think the team needs to realize that Alcantara's power arm and penchant for walks makes him more of a closer (come in and strike a couples guys out in a pinch) than a starter. And if the Marlins really are going to put the "best" players on the field, then honestly Chen doesn't belong. If he makes the team it's strictly cause they're paying him, not cause he's earned it, which is bullshit. Put his ass in the minors or make him your long relief guy. 

I don't even know why it's a question. He did more than enough to prove he's big-league ready last year, and assuming he's healthy enough to get back out there, he should be in the rotation. I think the team needs to realize that Alcantara's power arm and penchant for walks makes him more of a closer (come in and strike a couples guys out in a pinch) than a starter. And if the Marlins really are going to put the "best" players on the field, then honestly Chen doesn't belong. If he makes the team it's strictly cause they're paying him, not cause he's earned it, which is bullshit. Put his ass in the minors or make him your long relief guy. 

Caleb still has to prove his health, today should do that.

They aren't giving up on Alcantara as a starter yet.

Chen isn't being cut yet. His contract is definitely a factor, they won't cut him just yet.

So that means 7 guys for 5 spots.

That's why it's a question, it's just reality right now even though some of us think it's an easy decision to make.

You know, the fans and the media always say "it's just spring training" and yes they're right but there's no way this isn't good for the players even if it's just for the mental aspect of it. The positive vibes should at least carry over into the first few games of the season if they can manage a few more wins in the last week of ST games. 

You know, the fans and the media always say "it's just spring training" and yes they're right but there's no way this isn't good for the players even if it's just for the mental aspect of it. The positive vibes should at least carry over into the first few games of the season if they can manage a few more wins in the last week of ST games. 

Early spring training is one thing, but winning the ST games late when it's mostly your starters against theirs looks a lot better

You know, the fans and the media always say "it's just spring training" and yes they're right but there's no way this isn't good for the players even if it's just for the mental aspect of it. 

[MEDIA=twitter]1107733647585669120[/MEDIA]

Severino basically taking what I said and just changing the words!  

• Like 1