Move The Rays To Miami Thread

Erick

Tampa is not supporting a good baseball team. The Rays are competitive and smart. 

There’s no reason for Florida to have two baseball teams, and everyone knows that Miami is a better location than Tampa.

Why not contract the Marlins and bring the Rays down here? We can even keep the name if they want...The Miami Rays. Only change that needs to be made is to remove Dewayne Staats as a broadcaster and replace him with Rich Waltz. 

I’m all in on this idea. Support me, please.

erick having  marlins let down sorry too say going long season we going tesst to watch baseball or go other sport this team wont easy too watch

Honestly, it’s not a big deal. We’ve experienced plenty of losing before.

I’m just presenting something that makes sense. And we might as well find a way to have some fun this year.

We are not interested in Jeter’s product. We want the Rays.

I honestly don't think the attendance would be good anyway though. 

The 2017 Marlins with Stanton, Ozuna, Yelich, Realmuto, Gordon, etc couldn't draw fans. Why would a Rays team outdraw that?

Yes the attendance in 2017 was better than this year's has been, but it wasn't exactly good.

The 2017 Marlins with Stanton, Ozuna, Yelich, Realmuto, Gordon, etc couldn't draw fans. Why would a Rays team outdraw that?

Yes the attendance in 2017 was better than this year's has been, but it wasn't exactly good.

Hard to say.  I do think if you took the 2018

Rays and had them play in Miami the attendance would have been abysmal.  The Rays started out the season really poorly. They lost like 12 in a row at one point in April.  They traded Chris Archer whom they had been marketing as their ace for several years.  The winter prior to 2018 they moved on from Dickerson and Souza both of whom had very nice seasons in 2017.  They had big hopes for a couple of young guys who ended up getting TJ surgery in spring training (Honeywell and de Leon). Nathan Eovaldi was traded to an intra division rival. The team put together a mid summer surge around the time most people in Miami are discussing dolphins training camp.  So yes the team finished with 90 wins but the way that they won would not have gotten much attention in Miami.  Oh and they finished in third place and missed the playoffs.  

Really good season but not enough to move the attendance mark in Miami if you ask me. 

The problem is that core group never had a winning season. Only consistent winning brings fans. The 97 season has attendance over 2 mil. From 03-05 attendance rose yearly until the 06 fire sale. 2012 with the new stadium and the offseason moves had attendance over 2 million. The attendance experiment can’t ever be resolved unless and until the marlins are able to field a consistent winner. A team that competes regularly. Until that point there’s no reason why attendance should be any higher.