February 13, 20206 yr [MEDIA=twitter]1228036665287041024[/MEDIA] BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
February 13, 20206 yr I don’t like this but hoping it’s because they plan on adding the word mark in a year or two.
February 13, 20206 yr Author I must be in the minority about the blue jerseys, I don't like them at all! Someone ban this guy
February 13, 20206 yr These specific blue jerseys are clearly for BP/ST. If a blue game alternate is coming it needs a wordmark first.
February 13, 20206 yr These specific blue jerseys are clearly for BP/ST. If a blue game alternate is coming it needs a wordmark first. That’s 100% my take on it as well
February 13, 20206 yr I still think it's a massive mistake to relegate our most unique color to a BP/ST only jersey.
February 14, 20206 yr I still think it's a massive mistake to relegate our most unique color to a BP/ST only jersey. Inter Miami did the same exact thing; they had the opportunity to have a completely unique color to the league - pink - and made it nothing but a small accent color and went with black and white uniforms.
February 15, 20206 yr Someone ban this guy I believe my initial reaction was I didn’t like them either, mainly because it was so plain. Still don’t like the lack of a wordmark or shoulder logo which it should have on it anyway but once I saw them in daylight I became a fan. The player names and numbers look really nice.
February 15, 20206 yr Everyone says they're too plain but that's ignoring the fact that they were created to be for BP from the beginning so they were always meant to be more plain than a regular game jersey. As a BP jersey, they're perfect.
February 15, 20206 yr Author I'm really hope they wear this blue jersey in the regular games. They won't in 2020.
February 15, 20206 yr Didn't the alternate jersey always have only the team logo on it ? we have that before.
February 15, 20206 yr Everyone says they're too plain but that's ignoring the fact that they were created to be for BP from the beginning so they were always meant to be more plain than a regular game jersey. As a BP jersey, they're perfect. My issue with that and I’m getting nerdy here about why theres a difference to me. These jerseys have a retail version and authentic version. The authentic version retails for the same price as the game jerseys. Everything official I have seen such as MLB shop and other retail sources list this jersey as an Alternate and not BP. If you look at the history of MLB Bp jerseys in modern times, the league has a standardized version that all teams adhere to and they seem to rotate every three years or so. The current version At least until 2019 is the 3/4 zip which, i concede, The marlins don’t seem to have at the moment that I can find. I believe we had one in the old logo. I dont remember seeing anything with the Nike takeover about BP jerseys so maybe they did away with the BP Style as a whole, doubtful since they like money, But to me the blue jersey was originally marketed as an alternate and priced as an alternate which is why I’d say it’s plain. I tried to go back through and find a press release to see what they initial said but can’t seem to find it.
February 15, 20206 yr My issue with that and I’m getting nerdy here about why theres a difference to me. These jerseys have a retail version and authentic version. The authentic version retails for the same price as the game jerseys. Everything official I have seen such as MLB shop and other retail sources list this jersey as an Alternate and not BP. If you look at the history of MLB Bp jerseys in modern times, the league has a standardized version that all teams adhere to and they seem to rotate every three years or so. The current version At least until 2019 is the 3/4 zip which, i concede, The marlins don’t seem to have at the moment that I can find. I believe we had one in the old logo. I dont remember seeing anything with the Nike takeover about BP jerseys so maybe they did away with the BP Style as a whole, doubtful since they like money, But to me the blue jersey was originally marketed as an alternate and priced as an alternate which is why I’d say it’s plain. I tried to go back through and find a press release to see what they initial said but can’t seem to find it. You're over thinking this. The Marlins have always said it was only for BP, they've never said it was a regular game alternate. You can't make much of what the shops list it as because that's not official from the team. For example I've seen the Yankees navy BP jersey listed as a game alternate online too but there's no way the Yankees ever designated it as a game alternate. Also the 2012 Marlins orange cap was listed on the MLB shop as the road cap and that was never the case.
February 15, 20206 yr You're over thinking this. The Marlins have always said it was only for BP, they've never said it was a regular game alternate. You can't make much of what the shops list it as because that's not official from the team. For example I've seen the Yankees navy BP jersey listed as a game alternate online too but there's no way the Yankees ever designated it as a game alternate. Also the 2012 Marlins orange cap was listed on the MLB shop as the road cap and that was never the case. Might be. I just don’t like the idea of relegating one of the best jersey concepts to BP when it’s sold as a retail authentic for a retail authentic price made out of the retail authentic materials when Authentic BP jerseys were sold for half of that . It’s the OCD in me as a completionist of Authentics. It’s wierd I know. Don’t do the replicas. Anything from our previous logo tenure is a sore subject to me especially that orange hat. That was the biggest waste of a good idea ever. Was hoping that mindset would change with new ownership but so far the best I’d given a back seat again.
February 15, 20206 yr You're mixing up BP and ST jerseys with the 3/4 sleeve warm up tops. The warm up tops are different materials but the recent BP ST jerseys are the same materials as regular jerseys, that's why they're sold for the same prices. For the teams there's a different designation between BP ST and regular game jerseys but for the shops they're the same.
February 15, 20206 yr The current version At least until 2019 is the 3/4 zip which, i concede, The marlins don’t seem to have at the moment that I can find These are warm up tops, not BP ST jerseys. They're different.
February 15, 20206 yr These are warm up tops, not BP ST jerseys. They're different. https://news.sportslogos.net/2017/02/01/mlb-launches-new-look-bp-jerseys/ That’s where I got that from.
February 15, 20206 yr They still need to tweak the black jerseys. Bummer though, putting in some wordmark with the blue alternates would be nice.
February 15, 20206 yr That’s where I got that from. That's 2017. In 2019 those tops were gone and the ST jerseys and BP jerseys became the same jerseys and they are the same material as the regular jerseys. The Marlins don't have warm up tops anymore.
February 15, 20206 yr Just to clarify... in the past Batting Practice tops and Spring Training specific jerseys were of a cheaper lighter and otherwise different material than authentic regular game jerseys. In 2017 teams stil had BP tops but the ST jerseys that season became the same quality and material of regular game jerseys. In 2019 most, if not all, teams completely dropped their BP tops and the ST jersey became their BP tops, meaning that now BP, ST, and regular game jerseys are all of the same higher quality material. The currently branded Marlins uniforms have never had a warmup or BP ST jersey of the lesser materials.
February 16, 20206 yr So when we getting that blue Cap dawg? Yes please. I would also love to see a black cap with a blue bill.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.