AJC/Braves - No Love For Marlins

Thought you guys might like to see this.

Having dealt with "Georgia" sports fans for about 23 years now, I know we would have to consistently beat the Braves for 10 years before gaining any respect from them. Even then, it would be the umpire's fault.

And the Braves are the most reasonable of their sports fans - the Falcons, and UGA are absolutely awful.

Here is what I just found in the latest from the AJC.

Not only are we a pushover, but we're not even moving in the direction of being competitive.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-braves/mlb-latest-reported-plan-would-give-braves-all-east-schedule/71Nr36Gj7IwiBBSKssJ5qN/?ecmp=braves&utm_medium=social&utm_source=braves_fb

Screenshot_20200511-120538_Chrome.thumb.jpg.09ff7c771947a52ad6d13d9e3da22c71.jpg

I’m used to it with these “journalist” dorks. I mean it is what it is, we’re not anywhere near as good as the upper echelon teams of the East. I wouldn’t even say we’re middle of the pack yet. Maybe if all the top prospects were on the team and producing as we’d hope, then yeah, I would say we’re at least middle of the pack and have a shot for a surprise season. But as it is right now, I’d say they’re not wrong, they just said it tactlessly by calling them pushovers.

I’m used to it with these “journalist” dorks. I mean it is what it is, we’re not anywhere near as good as the upper echelon teams of the East. I wouldn’t even say we’re middle of the pack yet. Maybe if all the top prospects were on the team and producing as we’d hope, then yeah, I would say we’re at least middle of the pack and have a shot for a surprise season. But as it is right now, I’d say they’re not wrong, they just said it tactlessly by calling them pushovers.

You're absolutely right.

What I took personal was them saying that we're not even on a path to improvement. That just shows the complete lack of awareness.

They also continue to call the Mets a contender every single year, then watch them bomb. Next year, they're a contender again!

I lived in Atlanta from 2015-2019. Their broadcasters, fans, journalists, beat writers all wrote us off as pushovers no matter what, yes even when we had Jose/Stanton/Yelich/Ozuna/a reasonably entertaining team. It's just what they do in that city, they rag on us like low hanging fruit and until we win anything again they will probably continue to do so.

• Like 1

Didn't the Braves do a bit of a rebuild fairly recently too? You'd think they understood what the Marlins are attempting here. That's the thing about all the criticism that the Marlins get... they're not the first to do a rebuild yet some people are shocked and appalled and see no way that this could ever work.

Didn't the Braves do a bit of a rebuild fairly recently too? You'd think they understood what the Marlins are attempting here. That's the thing about all the criticism that the Marlins get... they're not the first to do a rebuild yet some people are shocked and appalled and see no way that this could ever work.

the irony is Freddie Freeman said the marlins are the next Braves.

• Like 1