9/5 - Marlins at Rays - 6:40

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Welcome back, Harold! Yeet-yeet.

Kinda wish Lew had realized he whiffed on that pitch and ran to first in hindsight but alright cool.

He definitely knew he whiffed; that’s why he got out of the way. If it had been a foul ball, that wouldn’t have been necessary.

So the question remains: why didn’t he run to first?

Just now, mystikol87 said:

He definitely knew he whiffed; that’s why he got out of the way. If it had been a foul ball, that wouldn’t have been necessary.

So the question remains: why didn’t he run to first?

Maybe he just saw Aggy running at him and said "uhh I don't wish to get run over by a dude who weighs 275" and dipped? IDK.

Things happen.

Just now, Michael said:

Maybe he just saw Aggy running at him and said "uhh I don't wish to get run over by a dude who weighs 275" and dipped? IDK.

Things happen.

I mean, it’s possible. But it seems unlikely. That was pretty bone-headed, either way. 

1 minute ago, mystikol87 said:

I mean, it’s possible. But it seems unlikely. That was pretty bone-headed, either way. 

Nah, not "either way" - if you think you fouled it off, you're not going to say "oh, maybe I didn't" - no player is ever taught to do that. Ever.

Ever. lol

Just now, Michael said:

Nah, not "either way" - if you think you fouled it off, you're not going to say "oh, maybe I didn't" - no player is ever taught to do that. Ever.

Ever. lol

Okay, but the hitter should know whether he fouled it off. So that’s at best poor awareness.

Plus, that got so far away that he could have made it to first.