9/12 - Phillies at Marlins -6:10

3 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Bryce is a Prima Donna but yeah he’s more of a “hate Facing him” kind of guy. But Machado plays the game like an asshole. He’s thrown a bat at a pitcher and purposely stepped on Aguilar’s ankle in the playoffs among many other things he’s done in his career. 

I think Machado chilled out a bit after leaving LA, but to be fair, haven't seen him too much since then.

I'll add in, the bat throwing situation is indefensible and nothing's going to make that right - really no idea why he was even doing that. Aguilar thing ... no it shouldn't have happened but Aguilar was kinda just waiting there and occupying most the bag. Dumb situation all around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

Once again, Marlins are asleep out there. Hopefully we’ll get that big play to wake them up, or this will be another long and frustrating game. 😂

We will win today

• Like 1

I hate to be that guy, but that kid they just highlighted for "youth player of the day" - he's six years old ... how could JDF be his favorite player? He would have zero memories of watching JDF outside of archival footage.

Just now, taiwanmarlin said:

Neidert not ready yet !? Garrett not ready yet !?

Garrett shouldn't be called up TBH.

Neidert should be pitching tomorrow.

Cabrera's just working on that injury.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I hate to be that guy, but that kid they just highlighted for "youth player of the day" - he's six years old ... how could JDF be his favorite player? He would have zero memories of watching JDF outside of archival footage.

Probably his Dad wanted to be on TV, so he wrote all of that and said who his favorite player is.. when I was around that age, my favorite player was Daffy Duck from Space Jam..

Just now, SirFishFan said:

Probably his Dad wanted to be on TV, so he wrote all of that and said who his favorite player is.. when I was around that age, my favorite player was Daffy Duck from Space Jam..

Probably true.

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

I just think Garrett was in the same stage with Rogers in the development. 

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Jesus Christ it’s Incredibly frustrating to always see Them struggle against pitchers with 5+ ERA pitchers 

To be fair, when you dig a little deeper, Spencer Howard's expected stats show ...

(checks notes)

.455 slugging allowed, expected ERA of 4.47, xwOBA of .334 ...

... yeah we shouldn't have zero hits.

BUT. It's only the fourth.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah I agree on Braxton and heard from the broadcast that Neidert probably goes tomorrow. Really shitty luck that Cabrera went down with the arm injury. Though the good thing is if we somehow sneak in, we get to bring it down to the 4 man rotation. Hopefully Pablo and Trevor come back strong 

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I just think Garrett was in the same stage with Rogers in the development. 

Nah he was slightly behind, plus he had been recovering from TJ before last season.

• Like 1
Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah I agree on Braxton and heard from the broadcast that Neidert probably goes tomorrow. Really shitty luck that Cabrera went down with the arm injury. Though the good thing is if we somehow sneak in, we get to bring it down to the 4 man rotation. Hopefully Pablo and Trevor come back strong 

Donnie would still start Urena because "experience" over Rogers. lol

• Haha 1