9/12 - Phillies at Marlins -6:10

Admin

Just now, Rydawg said:

Not to take any blame away from Ureña because he pitched like shit but that run doesn't score if Andy doesn't botch the DP.  He's  had a bad season throwing  the ball.  

First run of the game also came around cause Andy couldn't handle a semi-routine grounder.

Isan is an enigma to me. I understood Brinson‘s struggles cause he had obvious mechanical flaws that he’s finally addressing. But Isan’s swing is compact and quick....his inability to hit consistently is odd. I wonder if he’d benefit from standing straight up like Bellinger so he doesn’t pop so many balls up.

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Isan is an enigma to me. I understood Brinson‘s struggles cause he had obvious mechanical flaws that he’s finally addressing. But Isan’s swing is compact and quick....his inability to hit consistently is odd. I wonder if he’d benefit from standing straight up like Bellinger so he doesn’t pop so many balls up.

I will say, similar to Brinson, Isan's approach has improved this season too. Also laying off a lot of junk.

Just get them more reps and we're going to see em both go off.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

I will say, similar to Brinson, Isan's approach has improved this season too. Also laying off a lot of junk.

Just get them more reps and we're going to see em both go off.

Yeah I’m seeing more contact but at the expense of his power (which is Really his appeal). He doesn’t play good enough defense to OPS .600...but I believe in building up a foundation so I understand he’s gotta improve the bat-to-ball and slowly being in the power so I can wait....but with that said, I’d rather see Berti in there nightly over him.

2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah I’m seeing more contact but at the expense of his power (which is Really his appeal). He doesn’t play good enough defense to OPS .600...but I believe in building up a foundation so I understand he’s gotta improve the bat-to-ball and slowly being in the power so I can wait....but with that said, I’d rather see Berti in there nightly over him.

It was the same with Brinson, though - just working the approach into the game and then adding in the power a bit more. A good chunk of Brinson's contact early in the season was soft fly balls, soft grounders - slowly but surely, he trusted his approach more to take some heavier rips and we're seeing those results now.

I feel like it'll be the same for Isan.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael said:

It was the same with Brinson, though - just working the approach into the game and then adding in the power a bit more. A good chunk of Brinson's contact early in the season was soft fly balls, soft grounders - slowly but surely, he trusted his approach more to take some heavier rips and we're seeing those results now.

I feel like it'll be the same for Isan.

Next year thouuuugh! Your boy wants to see us make the playoffs! Lol 

2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

What would you trade for him? 

Definitely not all that.

Especially considering, and I guarantee, we'd have to take on most or all of the remainder of that contract. 6 more years on that deal, all on the wrong side of 30, going at 35M, 35M, 35M, 35M, 32M, 27M. No thank you. We can just keep Anderson for a loooot less plus we wouldn't be giving up Max Meyer AND another pitcher.