MLB The Show 21

SonOfJack

26 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Game is fun and there are bugs or server issues with every game, it will be fine.

I just don't understand how they're not ready for this every year. "Our game is more popular than we expected!" Prepare for that. Especially when it's every year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I just don't understand how they're not ready for this every year. "Our game is more popular than we expected!" Prepare for that. Especially when it's every year.

I get that, and it is an issue with virtually every game I play even from AAA studios. I am not sure why it happens, but it is an industry wide issue.

It almost feels like something they can't fix until they're in there experiencing the issues firsthand. I could be totally wrong but so many games have server issues at launch, maybe it's one of those things where they have to jump in and take all the issues as they come, translation: there's no way to prevent this beforehand yet.

47 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I get that, and it is an issue with virtually every game I play even from AAA studios. I am not sure why it happens, but it is an industry wide issue.

The tech world works from a paradigm of "minimum viable product." What's the shittiest game they can still turn a profit on? If it's successful, then keep pouring resources into it until it's actually good. Otherwise, you pull the plug and start working on the next project.

I'm just glad restaurants don't do that. "This fish is technically safe to eat. If you pay $6 now, I'll go ahead and put it back in the oven. For an additional $6. And have you tried our Glass of Water DLC for $2.50?"

Edited by Photo-Realistic Billy
  • Like 1

Just now, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

The tech world works from a paradigm of "minimum viable product." What's the shittiest game they can still turn a profit on? If it's successful, then keep pouring resources into it until it's actually good. Otherwise, you pull the plug and start working on the next project.

I'm just glad restaurants don't do that. "This fish is technically safe to eat. If you pay $6 now, I'll go ahead and put it back in the oven. For an additional $6. And have your tried our Glass of Water DLC for $2.50?"

I remember when DLC was literally bonus additions that added to your game but that weren't at all necessary for the game to be complete, to be good, or to work properly. In your restaurant analogy, DLC was basically the dessert that you ordered after your meal if you wanted it but if you didn't it's not like your actual meal was any less good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I'm just glad restaurants don't do that. "This fish is technically safe to eat. If you pay $6 now, I'll go ahead and put it back in the oven. For an additional $6. And have your tried our Glass of Water DLC for $2.50?"

"Did you order ahead to get our additional free breadsticks?"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

I’m not a gamer, but even I know that most people don’t like RBI Baseball, but I saw this video the other day and is that Sixto in there?

Nice to see the fish get recognition in there, even though that game has PS2 graphics.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Instead of trying to be like a budget version of The Show, why didn't RBI go super arcade with it? Could have been more fun that way.

Yep... I can't believe the game is even available on ps or xbox in it's current form. It looks like a mobile game and I can't believe anyone who considers themselves even a casual gamer could play that game. So yeah might as well go full arcade with it. As a kid I had both World Series Baseball and RBI Baseball so that I had a choice whether I wanted to play more realistic or more arcade style.

This is my 2nd MLB The Show I've ever played. I played a little of 2012 on PS3 but that's it. I don't play online but focus on Franchise modes. Currently played the season opener and won 4 - 0 against the Cubs with my Pirates. Here's my roster and rotation after some transactions:

C John Ryan Murphy
1B Edwin Encarnacion
2B Kevin Newman
SS Bo Bichette
3B Ke'Bryan Hayes
LF Yoenis Cespedes (Crushed a 460ft 2-run HR last game)
CF Me (2 - 4 with a solo shot last game)
RF Franmil Reyes (Solo HR) 
DH Paul DeJong 

I do the universal DH (personal preference). Signed a bunch of older players to 1 year deals as I build up my team. Flipped Stallings and a minor leaguer to Toronto for Bichette. 

1. Cole Hamels (14ks and a CG in the opener. BEAST)
2. Chad Kuhl
3. Steven Brault
4. Mitch Keller
5. Trevor Cahill
CP: Richard Rodriguez

I hope to get some bullpen help at some point in some way. All my relievers are in the 60s expect for Rodriguez. 

• 3 weeks later...