2 hours ago, Michael said:

Pretty unlikely that the game will be below $70 in two or three months. What this does though is gets more people in the door, which is exactly what they want. MLB 22 will have a ton more sales because MLB 21 was accessible. It's a good move.

I guarantee I’ll be able to pick up a used copy for less than $70 in 2-3 months. 

1 minute ago, GuitarPik said:

I guarantee I’ll be able to pick up a used copy for less than $70 in 2-3 months. 

Possible but not by too much less given the game's life cycle. Either way, like I said, great way to usher a bunch of people in at a low price point. Get them hooked in, MLB 22 sales through the roof.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Possible but not by too much less given the game's life cycle. Either way, like I said, great way to usher a bunch of people in at a low price point. Get them hooked in, MLB 22 sales through the roof.

Can’t disagree with that. 

45 minutes ago, GuitarPik said:

Actually fine I’ll disagree and say it will drive ‘21s sales through the roof. 

I mean it could, though! Be a big jump in sales after the two or four month period if people wish to continue.

Just now, rmc523 said:

So no editing of existing parks.  So you can't modify Marlins park.  And no dome/indoor options for stadium creator.

Disappointing 

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Disappointing 

Probably stupid reasoning too like "MLB doesn't want people changing its ballparks".

I wonder how close you could get to creating it from scratch.   sounds like a challenge accepted to me lol.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Probably stupid reasoning too like "MLB doesn't want people changing its ballparks".

I wonder how close you could get to creating it from scratch.   sounds like a challenge accepted to me lol.

I wonder if the 30 default ballpark options are the 30 current parks dimensions.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

I wonder if the 30 default ballpark options are the 30 current parks dimensions.

Hm, sounds possible - otherwise why would they do 30?  I'd assume you could create whatever dimensions you want though (they may not be eligible for online play as the guy said, though).

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hm, sounds possible - otherwise why would they do 30?  I'd assume you could create whatever dimensions you want though (they may not be eligible for online play as the guy said, though).

Right, but they mentioned before about 150 standardized dimensions options for online usage, I believe. You'll probably hardly ever see the same ballpark twice.

57 minutes ago, Michael said:

Right, but they mentioned before about 150 standardized dimensions options for online usage, I believe. You'll probably hardly ever see the same ballpark twice.

Oh sure - I wasn't meaning cookie cutter for everyone.  Just that there were parameters for online play.....aka no 100' right field and probably no 1000' right field lol

40' max wall height, 2' minimum height.

Still waiting to see minimum and maximum distances. I've seen greater than 450' and shorter than 270'.

6 hours ago, Michael said:

You can use the created ballparks pretty much anywhere.

image.thumb.png.7f75b86e7c764a9c7b43f136e79dc70e.png

Cannot use it here:

image.png.f710ab4340b800b5009c626e09afb779.png

So I've never played the show before - what is "play now?" 

So you can't play your created stadium online with friends?  Doesn't that defeat a big purpose of making one?   Or am I misunderstanding that part of it?  Why wouldn't I want to play with my stadium with my friends?

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

So I've never played the show before - what is "play now?" 

So you can't play your created stadium online with friends?  Doesn't that defeat a big purpose of making one?   Or am I misunderstanding that part of it?  Why wouldn't I want to play with my stadium with my friends?

Play Now is just the general title for regular exhibition mode but there are a few subsections of it. Exhibition is just go in and play a one off game not connected to any other mode, live rosters is the same but it's supposed to generate accuratlely up to date rosters as best at possible(so if u did this yesterday Neidert would automatically be on the Marlins roster), Retro is retro mode a 90s inspired 2D style just for fun basic one button style mode, and Online Rated is playing vs someone online. Online with friends if I remember right is when you can specifically select the person you're playing with from your friends list as opposed to a random generated opponent, so not sure why the created stadium can be used in one online setting but not another. You're right that is strange. 

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Play Now is just the general title for regular exhibition mode but there are a few subsections of it. Exhibition is just go in and play a one off game not connected to any other mode, live rosters is the same but it's supposed to generate accuratlely up to date rosters as best at possible(so if u did this yesterday Neidert would automatically be on the Marlins roster), Retro is retro mode a 90s inspired 2D style just for fun basic one button style mode, and Online Rated is playing vs someone online. Online with friends if I remember right is when you can specifically select the person you're playing with from your friends list as opposed to a random generated opponent, so not sure why the created stadium can be used in one online setting but not another. You're right that is strange. 

Yeah, I feel like a decent size component of online play would be "hey friend, let's play MLB The Show and I can show you this cool stadium I made!"   But nope......can't share stadiums with friends!  lol

left hanging san diego padres GIF by MLB

Of course.......if you don't have any friends like me, it doesn't matter  😛 😛

• Haha 1