MLB The Show 21

Admin

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

So I've never played the show since I have an XBox, so forgive my ignorance - what is Diamond Dynasty?  Is that like creating a player and following him throughout his career?

I'm in no rush, considering I'll have to get a new console just to build a park.

Diamond Dynasty is comparable to Ultimate Team in Madden. It's a kind of fantasy baseball where you can build your team with current and historical players, design your uniforms and logos, and play online against 10 year olds who'll whip your butt.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Diamond Dynasty is comparable to Ultimate Team in Madden. It's a kind of fantasy baseball where you can build your team with current and historical players, design your uniforms and logos, and play online against 10 year olds who'll whip your butt.

Ohhh.   The creating part sounds fun.  The 10 year olds part doesn't.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Ohhh.   The creating part sounds fun.  The 10 year olds part doesn't.

You don't have to play online. You can play against the CPU in all kinds of challenges and events to earn packs and legendary type players. I found that a lot more fun than online play in DD.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

You don't have to play online. You can play against the CPU in all kinds of challenges and events to earn packs and legendary type players. I found that a lot more fun than online play in DD.

Yeah, that'd probably be more my speed.  When I played MLB2k back in the day, I always just played against the computer.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, that'd probably be more my speed.  When I played MLB2k back in the day, I always just played against the computer.

I'll say that's what I did for years, but once I got a better TV (and suddenly realized my old TV had bad lag), then I went from struggling in All-Star mode to winning regularly in Legend mode. That's when I started playing online regularly.

After staying away from DD because it was intimidating I dove in in 19 and it's an absolute blast but you need to commit a lot of time to get the best out of it, almost daily actually. If you're willing to do that go for it. If you're more likely to play other modes and just dabble in DD here and there I wouldn't even bother with it. It's very much an all or nothing mode. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yes actually it's 867-5309. 

I think you gave me the wrong number, I just called and a guy answered.  Here is how the convo went:

Me: "Can you release the game already please, baseball started a few days ago!"

Him: "Huh?"

Me: "MLB The Show 21, release it. I want to play"

He then hung up.

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I think you gave me the wrong number, I just called and a guy answered.  Here is how the convo went:

Me: "Can you release the game already please, baseball started a few days ago!"

Him: "Huh?"

Me: "MLB The Show 21, release it. I want to play"

He then hung up.

Jenny is a he now?  Interesting.

1 minute ago, GuitarPik said:

Yep that's a sweet deal for Xbox owners, of course it is a limited thing. They can no longer offer it via Game Pass at any time and then Xbox owners have to buy it anyway. Though it'll likely be discounted by that point.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yep that's a sweet deal for Xbox owners, of course it is a limited thing. They can no longer offer it via Game Pass at any time and then Xbox owners have to buy it anyway. Though it'll likely be discounted by that point.

Exactly. I think the least amount of time a game has been on Game Pass is 4 months. Even if it’s only 2 months, it will be cheaper to buy by then. Also, Microsoft offers a discount to buy games before they are removed from Game Pass. 

Edited by GuitarPik
  • Like 1