Best Chicken Nugget/Strip/Finger/Tender?

Admin

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Damn I drove by this place when I was last in Orlando and I really wanted to stop in but never did. Now I've gotta do it.

Yeah it’s definitely worth a try!

I know that they just opened one in Miramar, FL less than 3 weeks ago. That seems to be the closest one for Dade people. But I have a feeling that within the next couple of years or so it’s going to grow a lot, probably will be seeing quite a lot more locations popping up around South FL and the rest of US.

15 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

I recently tried a chicken tenders restaurant called Huey Magoo’s.

image.jpeg.a0bc695d54dc443c151b57f2939f8e31.jpeg

It’s an Orlando headquartered company but now opening locations all over the south and expanding to some other states.

I can honestly say they are the best chicken tenders I have eaten so far in my life.

image.jpeg.4ae76ccdd07903882726a1be41802152.jpeg

They mainly have locations in central and north Florida, but there are several in Broward county - Sunrise, Miramar And North Lauderdale, I think.

Definitely worth a try if you haven’t had some before! 

I got my tenders tossed in a lemon pepper sauce for an additional charge but it was absolutely delicious! Would definitely recommend!

I've been to the one in the Altamonte Springs area in Orlando , and they were good.  I saw one here locally recently, but don't remember exactly where it is.

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I saw one here locally recently, but don't remember exactly where it is.

I'm not currently living in South FL, but from what I saw online, looks like locally in the area they have a few, but only in Broward county for now.

Sunrise FL - off of Commercial Blvd and NW 94th St

Miramar FL - off of Miramar Pkwy and Red Rd.

And several others in Broward county in North Lauderdale, Oakland Park and Coral Springs, and apparently plans for later this year to open stores in Plantation and Cooper City. Still hasn't broken into the Miami Dade market as of yet. But only a matter of time, I'm guessing.

😂

33 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I'm not currently living in South FL, but from what I saw online, looks like locally in the area they have a few, but only in Broward county for now.

Sunrise FL - off of Commercial Blvd and NW 94th St

Miramar FL - off of Miramar Pkwy and Red Rd.

And several others in Broward county in North Lauderdale, Oakland Park and Coral Springs, and apparently plans for later this year to open stores in Plantation and Cooper City. Still hasn't broken into the Miami Dade market as of yet. But only a matter of time, I'm guessing.

😂

It had to have been the one in Oakland Park then, as I'm in that area somewhat regularly.

I’ll stop talking about Huey Magoo’s now. Sorry if it seems like I’m a salesman for them. I just enjoyed eating there so much I had to tell people about it. Doesn’t happen too often for me, and I’m someone who ate fast food almost 4-5 days a week in 2022. 😂

I haven’t tried Raising Canes yet, which is another place that a lot of people consider the best or at least top 2-3 chicken tenders places. So I still need to try that one day. But as of now. This is my new favorite place. And I’ve only eaten there once. But that was enough to make it my new favorite chicken strips/tenders place. 😂

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

those are nasty for just out-of-the-peel eating purposes but you're right they are the best form for making bread, etc. 

Yeah, also for making Banana Ice Cream, which is a classic desert in the vegan/vegetarian world.

Literally just sliced frozen ripe bananas in a high powered blender or a food processor.

Do it right and it comes out exactly the same consistency as soft serve vanilla ice cream.

Looks just like this:

image.jpeg.7b9e892d8f71ede373d0eab849fbe0d6.jpeg

Probably the healthiest “ice cream” you could ever eat. Literally one ingredient: Bananas. 

Of course you can mix in other stuff like strawberries, nuts, even chocolate chips and still healthier than any ice cream you can buy at the store.

No this is not a sponsored post by bananas.

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

Yeah, also for making Banana Ice Cream, which is a classic desert in the vegan/vegetarian world.

Literally just sliced frozen ripe bananas in a high powered blender or a food processor.

Do it right and it comes out exactly the same consistency as soft serve vanilla ice cream.

Looks just like this:

image.jpeg.7b9e892d8f71ede373d0eab849fbe0d6.jpeg

Probably the healthiest “ice cream” you could ever eat. Literally one ingredient: Bananas. 

Of course you can mix in other stuff like strawberries, nuts, even chocolate chips and still healthier than any ice cream you can buy at the store.

No this is not a sponsored post by bananas.

i don't think it's quite the same consistency as soft serve unless you've only had some really weird soft serve in your lifetime - just like there are some really good fake meat burgers out there but they never quite nail the taste and texture of the real thing.  I do enjoy the frozen bananas as a treat though. They're pretty good - you just have to also be willing to have your ice cream always slightly flavored like banana even when stuff like vanilla extract is mixed it it never completely masks the nanner flavor. 

12 minutes ago, hovertical said:

i don't think it's quite the same consistency as soft serve unless you've only had some really weird soft serve in your lifetime - just like there are some really good fake meat burgers out there but they never quite nail the taste and texture of the real thing.  I do enjoy the frozen bananas as a treat though. They're pretty good - you just have to also be willing to have your ice cream always slightly flavored like banana even when stuff like vanilla extract is mixed it it never completely masks the nanner flavor. 

Yeah, it won’t be as creamy as something made from milk or cream.

I’ve noticed on the times I’ve made it, when I take the bananas right from the freezer and make it fast and eat it fast. It has gotten pretty close to a soft ice cream texture, but maybe I make it different, I like to just blend it enough to get the frozen bananas blended and creamy but keep it really thick. And usually will just put the whole frozen banana in the blender, which can do a number on your blender if it’s a cheap model, but I’ve noticed it keeps the texture thicker compared to using sliced frozen bananas with are better for keeping blender blades in good shape. 😂

But it’s true, I’ve noticed the longer you let it sit than it starts to melt and change color and texture pretty fast from creamy to cold puréed bananas in just a few minutes. 

Also so I usually don’t mind the banana flavor. Makes it more fun for me. But then again I’m not a vegan or vegetarian although I try to eat meatless meals several times a week, so when I make and eat the banana ice cream it’s not so much as a replacement for regular ice cream, more like an occasional healthy fruit treat. But yeah, if I was using banana ice cream as a 1:1 replacement for the regular stuff I probably wouldn’t be too crazy about the banana flavor after like 20 times. 😂

9 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Yeah, it won’t be as creamy as something made from milk or cream.

I’ve noticed on the times I’ve made it, when I take the bananas right from the freezer and make it fast and eat it fast. It has gotten pretty close to a soft ice cream texture, but maybe I make it different, I like to just blend it enough to get the frozen bananas blended and creamy but keep it really thick. And usually will just put the whole frozen banana in the blender, which can do a number on your blender if it’s a cheap model, but I’ve noticed it keeps the texture thicker compared to using sliced frozen bananas with are better for keeping blender blades in good shape. 😂

But it’s true, I’ve noticed the longer you let it sit than it starts to melt and change color and texture pretty fast from creamy to cold puréed bananas in just a few minutes. 

Also so I usually don’t mind the banana flavor. Makes it more fun for me. But then again I’m not a vegan or vegetarian although I try to eat meatless meals several times a week, so when I make and eat the banana ice cream it’s not so much as a replacement for regular ice cream, more like an occasional healthy fruit treat. But yeah, if I was using banana ice cream as a 1:1 replacement for the regular stuff I probably wouldn’t be too crazy about the banana flavor after like 20 times. 😂

I don't mind the banana flavor either usually - but as you said too, if you're eating that and ONLY that it does get tiresome after awhile.  I also agree it needs to be scarfed down as when it melts it really does just resemble pureed banana. a vitamix will make short work of a whole frozen banana and I've known a few people that had good luck using those Ninja blenders/processors too.  Using those banana slices instead of a whole banana makes it too "frothy" and more "icy" versus creamy for sure.