Jump to content


Daniel Castano


SongInTheAir
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

He should be in the bullpen taking detwiler’s place and ready to fill in when we need him in the rotation

I would muhc rather have him in AAA, stretched out and ready start. We tried the whole back-and-forth, starter-then-reliever with Elieser, and it did a major disservice to him. I think Castano can be a top tier back of the rotation guy. So no need to rush him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Trade bait to some desperate team hopefully.  

I wouldn’t mind this.

With the current 5 + Garrett + Neidert + Cabrera + Meyer + Castano, there’s still a lot of quality depth. 10 guys who should be at worst long-relief and likely rotation-quality arms.

They can deal 2 of the “lower-end” (ie Castano and Neidert) or one of the “higher-end” guys, and I’d still feel amazing about the rotation’s future.

And I think they need more bats more than they need more arms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

I wouldn’t mind this.

With the current 5 + Garrett + Neidert + Cabrera + Meyer + Castano, there’s still a lot of quality depth. 10 guys who should be at worst long-relief and likely rotation-quality arms.

They can deal 2 of the “lower-end” (ie Castano and Neidert) or one of the “higher-end” guys, and I’d still feel amazing about the rotation’s future.

And I think they need more bats more than they need more arms.

Absolutely!!  

We are going to need a catcher this year so I’m all for trading some pitching prospects. Salvador Perez would be an amazing addition and with the rise of Rogers it certainly manageable to make a trade.  The idea of trading a top end prospect or a starter like (Meyer, Elieser or Cabrera) is not fun but I don’t think it would jeopardize the future at all.  This coming from a believer that pitching is of the highest importance.

With Gallen & Anderson now injured and Paddack being a mess it goes to show that nothing is certain anyways.  

Edited by jeffreysfishfry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Absolutely!!  

We are going to need a catcher this year so I’m all for trading some pitching prospects. Salvador Perez would be an amazing addition and with the rise of Rogers it certainly manageable to make a trade.  The idea of trading a top end prospect or a starter like (Meyer, Elieser or Cabrera) is not fun but I don’t think it would jeopardize the future at all.  This coming from a believer that pitching is of the highest importance.

With Gallen & Anderson now injured and Paddack being a mess it goes to show that nothing is certain anyways.  

I wouldn't touch Sal Perez with a 10ft pole ,specially with that extension the Royals were so dumb to give him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, el_gmac said:

I wouldn't touch Sal Perez with a 10ft pole ,specially with that extension the Royals were so dumb to give him 

Didn’t even know about this extension.   It’s dumb for the Royals, that’s for sure. 

If he was a free agent, I would still make that deal.  But yeah, I’m not giving picks now for that amount. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...