Cooper and BA nicked up

• SonOfJack changed the title to Cooper and BA nicked up

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Unless they place BA or Coop on IL, they pretty much have to bring up a bat for that 26th slot. Bench is short with them day to day.

At this point they don't even have a bench, its basically just Sierra and Wallach. 

16 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

At this point they don't even have a bench, its basically just Sierra and Wallach. 

Last I checked there was still a bench in the Marlins dugout.

Speaking of Brian Anderson.....

Weren't there a decent number of people clamoring to sign up Anderson long term for some ungodly reason last year and into this ST?

I never got it, make him play out his arbitration years and figure it out from there.

Only player on the active roster worth even discussing any pre free agency/buy out arbitration extension is Jazz and thats a year or two premature even.  The rest, who the fuck cares.  

Hopefully that can change but a lot of who cares type players right now.  

4 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Speaking of Brian Anderson.....

Weren't there a decent number of people clamoring to sign up Anderson long term for some ungodly reason last year and into this ST?

I never got it, make him play out his arbitration years and figure it out from there.

Only player on the active roster worth even discussing any pre free agency/buy out arbitration extension is Jazz and thats a year or two premature even.  The rest, who the fuck cares.  

Honestly?

Sentiment.

He was "our guy" during the leanest of the recent years. That's about it.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Honestly?

Sentiment.

He was "our guy" during the leanest of the recent years. That's about it.

Real dumb way to run a team, tbh.

Glad Kim Ng is smart enough to hit that pause button and just let things play themselves out with players like Anderson. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Real dumb way to run a team, tbh.

Glad Kim Ng is smart enough to hit that pause button and just let things play themselves out with players like Anderson. 

I agree. I was never advocating for the extension, personally, unless it was reasonable. I was with her when she said "let's see what kind of player he is" - right now he's just run into some absolutely god awful batted ball luck, and we're going to find out whether he can handle that mentally.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

\

How about Sandy?

25 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

How about Sandy?

I hate doing deals on pitchers, but if its reasonable you almost have to.  I wouldnt be surprised if Kim Ng has been talking to the cheap bastards in ownership about doing smart baseball things for a change, but they could also be waiting out the CBA as well. 

Pitching is stupid expensive.  Fortunately for the Marlins, that seems to be an organizational strength.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Pitching is stupid expensive.  Fortunately for the Marlins, that seems to be an organizational strength.  

And we'll have to start exchanging some of that pitching for some hitters soon enough, if our guys can't cut it.

Just now, Michael said:

And we'll have to start exchanging some of that pitching for some hitters soon enough, if our guys can't cut it.

That was going to have happen naturally because the Marlins didnt/dont have the organizational depth to account for it all, especially within the infield even if all the prospects panned out. 

The infield depth (to especially include catcher) is pretty fucking thin.