Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/8 Marlins have no choice but to have a .500 record to match their very good run differential vs. Brewers

Featured Replies

SP : Someone wears the Marlins uniform 

        VS. 

        Adrian Houser 

Let's take this series and back to .500 !!!

13 minutes ago, Iowa said:

A bullpen game again? i haaaaaaaate bullpen games

We don't know yet.

But it worked out pretty well last time!

Man Sixto and Elieser can't come back soon enough. Hopefully the bullpen proves me wrong again if that's the way we're going!

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Castano starting tonight.

No corresponding move just yet.

Bullpen games > Castano.

I’m disappointed.

11 minutes ago, Erick said:

Bullpen games > Castano.

I’m disappointed.

If we had two guys we could trust to go 3 innings tonight I'd say go for it, but ... eh.

 

Actually ... do that.

Castano for three.

Holloway for three.

15 minutes ago, Michael said:

If we had two guys we could trust to go 3 innings tonight I'd say go for it, but ... eh.

 

Actually ... do that.

Castano for three.

Holloway for three.

I’m not sure if Holloway can go 3 tonight because he threw a lot a couple of days ago.

I thought they’d go with Detwiler again to open and then maybe a combination of other guys. Even Castano, I just think he would be better 2-3 innings at a time. 
 

But whatever, let’s win.

7 minutes ago, Erick said:

I’m not sure if Holloway can go 3 tonight because he threw a lot a couple of days ago.

I thought they’d go with Detwiler again to open and then maybe a combination of other guys. Even Castano, I just think he would be better 2-3 innings at a time. 
 

But whatever, let’s win.

Yeah, he threw three on Wednesday. I think he can do three today.

If Castano can go 5-6 innings tonight we can use an open bullpen for tomorrow.  Give more rest for the starters. 

7 minutes ago, FishFry said:

If Castano can go 5-6 innings tonight we can use an open bullpen for tomorrow.  Give more rest for the starters. 

Eh, Sandy tomorrow. Unless they want to save him for Arizona for some reason, but I'd rather they not see him twice.

 

Although ... the Brewers will have seen him twice, so, IDK!

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Eh, Sandy tomorrow. Unless they want to save him for Arizona for some reason, but I'd rather they not see him twice.

 

Although ... the Brewers will have seen him twice, so, IDK!

I would see how it plays out.  If we win today, it’s a series win.  Use the bullpen tomorrow and save Sandy for Arizona.  Right now IMO, preserving innings is more important than matchups.  

If Castano stinks it up it won’t matter anyways, Sandy would have to go tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, FishFry said:

I would see how it plays out.  If we win today, it’s a series win.  Use the bullpen tomorrow and save Sandy for Arizona.  Right now IMO, preserving innings is more important than matchups.  

If Castano stinks it up it won’t matter anyways, Sandy would have to go tomorrow. 

Winning tonight wouldn’t make tomorrow’s game less important. Or make Monday’s game more important because we already have a series win against the Brewers.

I think Sandy will just pitch tomorrow unless he can’t for some reason.

1 minute ago, Erick said:

 

I think Sandy will just pitch tomorrow unless he can’t for some reason.

This is how I'm feeling about it.

17 minutes ago, Erick said:

Winning tonight wouldn’t make tomorrow’s game less important. Or make Monday’s game more important because we already have a series win against the Brewers.

I think Sandy will just pitch tomorrow unless he can’t for some reason.

Every game matters for sure, but you also get a bit more luxury to work with when you secure a series win.  It’s also a marathon not a sprint.  I would preserve innings, that’s just my thoughts.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.