May 28th - Marlins @ Red Sox

Iowa

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I am beginning to believe he draws names out of a hat

It is legitimately the worst move he could have made.

Huge risk to have both catchers in the starting lineup.

Cooper and Marte are both recently injured. If you can't put out your best offensive lineup, put out your best defensive lineup. Start L Marte over Diaz, start Sierra in RF and use Cooper as the DH. This is so stupid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Huge risk to have both catchers in the starting lineup.

Yep, could end up burning the DH spot if Alfaro has to come out of the game and then have our pitchers hit since the bench is short.

I've been waiting all season for Berti to bat lead off. So I'm happy about that. Much better choice than Dickerson. Even if Berti is struggling, I still would put him at lead off over Dickerson any day, better chance of getting on base with an infield hit or bunt. I was afraid that with Jazz and Rojas out the Donnie would revert to the early season lineup of Dickerson leading off. 😂

23 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I've been waiting all season for Berti to bat lead off. So I'm happy about that. Much better choice than Dickerson. Even if Berti is struggling, I still would put him at lead off over Dickerson any day, better chance of getting on base with an infield hit or bunt. I was afraid that with Jazz and Rojas out the Donnie would revert to the early season lineup of Dickerson leading off. 😂

I don't know dude.  Berti has been flat out garbage this season.  Hopefully he turns it around. We'll see.