Jump to content

5/22 Post Game Thread


Michael
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sandy goes the distance! 115 pitches, 3 runs (ALL UNEARNED).

Oh hey, it's a ONE RUN WIN!!! IT CAN HAPPEN!

 

Hopefully Jazz is alright, left the game early with hamstring tightness, also scored the first run after a walk.

Definitely nice getting those extra runs in the 7th, turned out we needed em after the errors. lol

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, hovertical said:

in the last 3 games Sandy has pitched 24 of 27 possible innings and is 3-0.  That's.....dominance folks and legit #1 frontline ace stuff.

Sandy heard that some people were saying PabLopez was the ace and said "nope not on my watch."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Sandy heard that some people were saying PabLopez was the ace and said "nope not on my watch."

you honestly don't hear much about either one of them on the national scene.  Both have been a damn good 1-2 for a few seasons though now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hovertical said:

you honestly don't hear much about either one of them on the national scene.  Both have been a damn good 1-2 for a few seasons though now.

MLB Network seems to be bringing them up more lately. It's like they literally have have be the top 1 or 2 pitchers to get any attention. Players on more marketable teams just need like one good performance to be praised while Marlins players need to be superstars for a month to get any attention. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

MLB Network seems to be bringing them up more lately. It's like they literally have have be the top 1 or 2 pitchers to get any attention. Players on more marketable teams just need like one good performance to be praised while Marlins players need to be superstars for a month to get any attention. 

i know a week or so ago ESPN had the "awards watch" article and they mentioned Pablo for about 1 sentence in the cy young race simply because he was the ERA leader.  zero mention of Sandy and they didn't even give odds for either haha.  Sandy would need to pitch 240 innings win 18+ games and have an era of about 1.5 to stand a chance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

i know a week or so ago ESPN had the "awards watch" article and they mentioned Pablo for about 1 sentence in the cy young race simply because he was the ERA leader.  zero mention of Sandy and they didn't even give odds for either haha.  Sandy would need to pitch 240 innings win 18+ games and have an era of about 1.5 to stand a chance

I'm surprised ESPN even wrote about baseball. You watch SportsCenter and it's almost as if the sport doesn't exist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hovertical said:

i know a week or so ago ESPN had the "awards watch" article and they mentioned Pablo for about 1 sentence in the cy young race simply because he was the ERA leader.  zero mention of Sandy and they didn't even give odds for either haha.  Sandy would need to pitch 240 innings win 18+ games and have an era of about 1.5 to stand a chance

ESPN Sunday Night Baseball mentioned Kopech having a hidden perfect game after retiring 27+ in a row (he's currently pitching, so, fair), and not a peep about Sandrew. Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how many times in history the best 1-2 punch in baseball has pitched for a team that’s under .500.

It’s a shame we’re wasting Sandy and Pablo’s prime years. 

Get a better team around them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, hovertical said:

"And now Stephen A. will get overly animated and yell about the Lakers after the break so stay tuned!"

Screamin' A Smith.

 

I remember one time he got brought on when they were going over some great defensive baseball plays of that week and he brought up Chone Figgins making a diving catch, but rather than just talking about that catch and how good it was, he said, "WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW SOMEONE MAKE A CATCH LIKE THAT, AT YANKEE STADIUM?" [as if the location mattered or made it more impressive ... lol] "THE YANKEES NEED A GUY LIKE THIS, THEY NEED TO GO GET CHONE FIGGINS, AND --" it was ridiculous. Could not hide his homerism for that segment whatsoever. As if the catch would have been less impressive at, say, Kauffman Stadium. Just dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

WTF do the Marlins have an off day to travel from Miami to St. Pete and from St. Pete to Atlanta, but no off day to travel from Atlanta to Denver or Denver to Miami?

I've been bitching about this on Twitter. Lol.

 

And following that, it'll be Miami to LA for whoever our All-Star rep(s) happen(s) to be, and then they have to RETURN to Miami for the Thursday after the ASG *for one game* against Texas and back on the road (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, back to Miami, and first day off post ASG is August 4th). The scheduling makes absolutely no sense with regards to travel.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

WTF do the Marlins have an off day to travel from Miami to St. Pete and from St. Pete to Atlanta, but no off day to travel from Atlanta to Denver or Denver to Miami?

It's dumb but I think it's more because the series with the Rays has been shortened to being two games sets so it makes it this way. If it was still a 3 game series they'd have played probably Thursday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Michael said:

I've been bitching about this on Twitter. Lol.

And following that, it'll be Miami to LA for whoever our All-Star rep(s) happen(s) to be, and then they have to RETURN to Miami for the Thursday after the ASG *for one game* against Texas and back on the road (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, back to Miami, and first day off post ASG is August 4th). The scheduling makes absolutely no sense with regards to travel.

Major League Baseball Weather GIF by Jomboy Media

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...