September 29, 20251 yr Author Wish list :No Sandy trade No Cabrera trade No expectations for the FA signings, so every big league contract FA signings would be bonus.
October 8, 2025Oct 8 Marlins Notes: - MLB Trade RumorsJackson had previously reported that the club was likely going to be targeting a veteran bat this winter. In today’s reporting, he adds that first base is the most likely place for them to make that addition, though third base and the outfield corners are mentioned as other possibilities.
October 13, 2025Oct 13 On 10/8/2025 at 11:42 AM, rmc523 said:Marlins Notes: - MLB Trade RumorsJackson had previously reported that the club was likely going to be targeting a veteran bat this winter. In today’s reporting, he adds that first base is the most likely place for them to make that addition, though third base and the outfield corners are mentioned as other possibilities.I'm sure there are a lot of "veteran bats" willing to keep their careers going for league minimum. Literally EVERY team signs at least one veteran bat in the off-season.
October 17, 2025Oct 17 On 10/13/2025 at 11:36 AM, hovertical said:I'm sure there are a lot of "veteran bats" willing to keep their careers going for league minimum. Literally EVERY team signs at least one veteran bat in the off-season.Carlos Santana seems like the classic Marlins signing in this case.I actually wouldn't mind LaMonte Wade on a flier. Not many first basemen out there in FA, to be honest. Maybe Hoskins?
October 18, 2025Oct 18 1 hour ago, TaiwanMarlins said:Derek Jeter still want him !?He’s a Miami guy so if they release him I can see it Edited October 18, 2025Oct 18 by marlinsmaniac
October 18, 2025Oct 18 12 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:He’s a Miami guy so if they release him I can see itHe doesn’t fit the bendix mold whatsoever. Hes also got a huge ego on him so won’t bug until Bendix way. I don’t see it happening.I’d love o’Hearn, 2RPS and one of those SP3s
October 19, 2025Oct 19 6 hours ago, pollythewog said:He doesn’t fit the bendix mold whatsoever. Hes also got a huge ego on him so won’t bug until Bendix way. I don’t see it happening.I’d love o’Hearn, 2RPS and one of those SP3sOh I agree, I’m not a fan of his at all but I can see them enternaing a power hitting right handed outfield bat given that they basically have three left handed hitting outfielders (Marsee, Conine, and Stowers). Especially if he’s released and they’d only be on the hook for league minimum. Plus he’s expressed a desire to play for the hometown team in the past etc - hence why “I can see it” Regarding O’Hearn, I had posted a mini breakdown a few weeks ago I did on the available options/fits this offseason and I had O’hearn as my top option for first since he could also platoon with Gus at first when necessary. So definitely with you there and the pitching
October 20, 2025Oct 20 Marlins Interested In Devin Williams - MLB Trade RumorsComing off a season where they made a surprise push towards contention and ultimately finished just four games out of a playoff spot with a 79-83 record, the Marlins look poised to try and take a step forward towards more serious contention this winter. That could mean looking to add, and reporting has already indicated that Miami will be active in the bullpen and position player markets as they seek upgrades. When it comes to the search for relief help, Kevin Barral of Fish On First reports that one name that Miami plans to target is two-time All-Star Devin Williams.
October 21, 2025Oct 21 5 hours ago, TaiwanMarlins said:Marlins to spend big (Marlins standard ) !? to see is to believe.They'll splurge and spend $6M this year!
October 21, 2025Oct 21 7 minutes ago, Michael said:This group can probably do a lot just throwing another 25-30 mill out there.I mean, we've said that every year, and instead they spend less and less yearly.
October 21, 2025Oct 21 1 hour ago, Michael said:This group can probably do a lot just throwing another 25-30 mill out there.1 hour ago, rmc523 said:I mean, we've said that every year, and instead they spend less and less yearly.it was disgusting to see they literally only invested a quarter of their profits back into the team this past season based on that chart someone had posted. For some reason MLB sees zero wrong with this and continues to permit Bruce to just rake in the cash year over year from profit sharing, etc.. I don't expect him to really add anyone of significance this offseason either as we'll likely hear some version of "we really liked what we saw this year and feel like our timeline (to the next rebuild) has been accelerated so we want to see if they can take another step forward this season." And sign a few scrubs, filler, and MAYBE a depth starter like Quantrill was last season. more of the same again and again. Bruce will never spend.
October 21, 2025Oct 21 27 minutes ago, hovertical said:it was disgusting to see they literally only invested a quarter of their profits back into the team this past season based on that chart someone had posted. For some reason MLB sees zero wrong with this and continues to permit Bruce to just rake in the cash year over year from profit sharing, etc.. I don't expect him to really add anyone of significance this offseason either as we'll likely hear some version of "we really liked what we saw this year and feel like our timeline (to the next rebuild) has been accelerated so we want to see if they can take another step forward this season."And sign a few scrubs, filler, and MAYBE a depth starter like Quantrill was last season.more of the same again and again. Bruce will never spend.Yup, agree that this is all we'll get. We'll get the threat of MLBPA grievance that means nothing, wash, rinse, repeat. Actually, this time the excuse will be with the uncertainty of the looming lockout, we didn't want to allocate too many dollars.
October 22, 2025Oct 22 Author I would rather believe Athletics was forced to spend in the last off-season so I believe Marlins are forced to spend if they really spend some money in this off-season.
October 22, 2025Oct 22 There’s clearly a few areas they can significantly upgrade - 1b, SP3, 2 lefty relievers there’s a good amount out there. To big bs point, $25M would be able to fill all those huge holes. I’m not convinced as havd a mlb 3B right now but if daddy dix still likes Norby than so do I.
October 23, 2025Oct 23 4 hours ago, pollythewog said:There’s clearly a few areas they can significantly upgrade - 1b, SP3, 2 lefty relievers there’s a good amount out there. To big bs point, $25M would be able to fill all those huge holes. I’m not convinced as havd a mlb 3B right now but if daddy dix still likes Norby than so do I.Part of me wants to just go with a Sanoja/Pauley combo at third for now but understand that it's not the greatest idea, especially with short benches these days.Teams just need to try out my idea of a staff of 10 pitchers who can all go at least four or five innings any time they're asked and use a four-man rotation with a pitch cap of 75-80 per outing [allow up to 90 if they're efficient and low-stress frames].Allows for a seven-man bench and a lot of platoon options.
October 24, 2025Oct 24 On 10/22/2025 at 8:08 PM, Michael said:Part of me wants to just go with a Sanoja/Pauley combo at third for now but understand that it's not the greatest idea, especially with short benches these days.Teams just need to try out my idea of a staff of 10 pitchers who can all go at least four or five innings any time they're asked and use a four-man rotation with a pitch cap of 75-80 per outing [allow up to 90 if they're efficient and low-stress frames].Allows for a seven-man bench and a lot of platoon options.The mlbpa would have a fit at 10 man rotation as would destroy SP value $ wise. It’s good idea tho
October 25, 2025Oct 25 21 hours ago, pollythewog said:The mlbpa would have a fit at 10 man rotation as would destroy SP value $ wise. It’s good idea thoNot a 10-man rotation. Read again.
October 25, 2025Oct 25 1 hour ago, Michael said:Not a 10-man rotation. Read again.I read it. Pitching guys only 4IP will diminish their earning potential significantly
October 25, 2025Oct 25 14 minutes ago, pollythewog said:I read it. Pitching guys only 4IP will diminish their earning potential significantlyAt least four. READ, POLLY.
October 25, 2025Oct 25 1 hour ago, Michael said:At least four. READ, POLLY.The point stands it will diminish their earning value unless the entire league does it!
October 26, 2025Oct 26 5 hours ago, pollythewog said:The point stands it will diminish their earning value unless the entire league does it!Alternatively, if they make it through five all the time and get themselves 34 wins and 275 strikeouts ...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.