Everything posted by MikeLowell
-
8/30 - Florida (65-66) at St.Louis (69-61), 8:10 p.m.
No Miguel Cabrera? Haters.
-
8/30 - Florida (65-66) at St.Louis (69-61), 8:10 p.m.
Heh..
-
8/30 - Florida (65-66) at St.Louis (69-61), 8:10 p.m.
Triple!
-
8/30 - Florida (65-66) at St.Louis (69-61), 8:10 p.m.
FSN Midwest tearing into the Cubs front office. haha Ripping them for the JP trade? And the Clement deal somewhat.
-
8/30 - Florida (65-66) at St.Louis (69-61), 8:10 p.m.
Lets go guys!
-
One more reason women shouldn't be allowed behind a wheel
What an idiot.
-
8/29 - Florida (64-66) at St.Louis (69-60), 8:10 p.m.
Alfredo Ahmahzegah
-
Attention Bettors
Not a betting man so this is a stupid question. That means for every $1 you put down IF they win the wildcard you win $100?
-
what these young guns have done
I'm pumped right now. Anything is possible with this team.
-
My first ESPN draft
How'd I do? I had the 9th pick in a 10 team league. QB: Carson Palmer RB: Rudi Johnson RB/WR: Donald Driver WR: Steve Smith WR: Donte' Stallworth TE: Antonio Gates D/ST: Pittsburgh Steelers K: Adam Vinatieri Bench: QB: Ben Roethlisberger QB: Phillip Rivers HB: Frank Gore HB: Chris Perry WR: Reggie Brown TE: Vernon Davis D/ST: Jacksonville Jaguars K: Mike Vanderjagt
-
NCAA Football Week 1 Discussion
I'll be at the Portland State-UNM game on Saturday night. Probably won't be much of a game but it should be fun.
- ESPN.com Draft....Sign Up!!!
-
More drama for the Vikings
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Taking his turn in a tackling drill with the rest of Minnesota's defensive backs, Dwight Smith charged forward, collided with the purple pad and drove his arms up through the dummy. Advertisement Seconds later, the veteran safety was at the back of the line and letting out a loud scream. On the practice field, everything appeared normal for the Vikings on a sunny Sunday. Lingering in the air, though, was yet another off-the-field embarrassment involving one of their players. This time, it was Smith, signed last month to start next to Pro Bowler Darren Sharper in the secondary. Smith received a misdemeanor citation from Minneapolis police early Saturday for alleged indecent conduct with a 24-year-old woman in a stairwell near a downtown night club. Coach Brad Childress expressed his disappointment and said he would discipline Smith, though he did not specify the punishment. The league's collective bargaining agreement with the players' union limits teams' disciplinary powers. Smith was in his usual spot with the first-string defense during the portion of practice open to the media. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return a phone call seeking comment. No players made themselves available for comment. Smith ignored a reporter's interview request. The alleged incident came hours after Minnesota's 30-7 exhibition win over Baltimore, a game that featured a strong showing by the defense. "We did a ton of good things on Saturday night, and those good things, unfortunately, get marred when somebody in our organization misbehaves, if you will," Childress said. "I want everybody to know that we are committed in this Vikings organization ... to doing things the right way." The organization endured plenty of ridicule for everything that happened last year, including then-coach Mike Tice's fine for scalping his Super Bowl tickets, former running back Onterrio Smith's possession of a drug-test beating device and that infamous boat party. One of owner Zygi Wilf's mandates to Childress upon his hire in January was to help polish the team's image in the community and create a "culture of accountability" throughout the organization in regard to personal behavior. "When you change a culture," Childress said, "just because you are here for six months or eight months, that culture does not change immediately. But that is certainly the goal, and we are not going to stop trying to get that right." Receiver Koren Robinson, who faces an October court hearing on charges of drunken driving and fleeing police following a high-speed chase near the team's training camp, was cut on Saturday. A previous violator of the NFL's substance abuse policy, Robinson -- who received $1.1 million of the three-year, $12.7 million contract he signed in March -- faces the possibility of not only jail time but a yearlong suspension from the league. It's not clear whether he has a valid case to file a grievance against the team for releasing him before a potential conviction. Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, did not return a phone call Sunday. "You can read in whatever you like, but again, I feel like I'm picking the best 53, and at this point he's not one of those guys," Childress said. After cutting Robinson and seven others Saturday, the Vikings were three days ahead of the league's roster reduction deadline of 75 players. The next round of cuts, to the regular-season limit of 53, is due by next Saturday. After meeting with Childress the day before, Smith addressed his teammates on Sunday. The coach was asked if it was safe to assume Smith would not be released. "You never want to make assumptions, but like I said, I'll deal with that when I get all the facts," Childress said. http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9622875
-
8/25 - Milwaukee (62-65) at Florida (60-66)
Very nice, Willingham!
-
8/25 - Milwaukee (62-65) at Florida (60-66)
Uggh.
-
8/25 - Milwaukee (62-65) at Florida (60-66)
Go Marlins!
-
Sugar Ray Nagin strikes again!
The only thing I like about Ray Nagin is when they impersonate him on "Imus in the Morning".
-
Former FSU WR Fred Rouse Transfers
By Jamie Newberg National Recruiting Analyst Posted Aug 24, 2006 Fred Rouse was arguably the nation's top offensive recruit two years ago and he signed with FSU. He was dismissed from Florida State in January and now he's headed to UTEP and should be a perfect fit in Mike Price's offense. Rouse has learned some tough life lessons and says he's "humbled and ready to go." Sometimes in life, to get where you want to go, you have to start over. For Fred Rouse, he's getting his do-over and it's miles away from where his dreams all began. He was a star high school wide receiver for Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln High School. Rouse, 6-3 and 190 pounds, was one of the nation's top prospects among the Class of 2005. He signed with the local power and the team he dreamed of catching touchdown passes for, Florida State. Rouse was extremely comfortable with his decision to play for the Seminoles. After all, FSU was like a second home to him. But things didn't go according to plan and after less than a year in the garnet and gold he was dismissed from the team. After months of trying to get his life in order outside of the game of football, Rouse finally has a new home as he is transferring to UTEP. ?I am on my way now,? said Rouse from the airport in Jacksonville. ?I get there today and I am so happy to start all over once again. It has been a very humbling experience for me and what I have had to go through just to get here once again. But I sit here and I can tell you I am humbled, thankful and ready.? Rouse wasn't just an ordinary wide receiver coming out of high school. He was one of the most complete receivers to come out of the Sunshine State in many years. Rouse has all the physical tools to be a superstar. Many in Tallahassee compared him skills to Randy Moss. Even Randy Moss would admit the same. But with all that talent you have to walk a straight line and carry a good attitude. That was something missing from Rouse while a 'Nole. ?I was frustrated there (Tallahassee). I kind of feel the coaches misled me because they were always on me so hard if I did something wrong. Maybe the expectations were too high. I don't know. I always felt I was doing something wrong and I made a lot of mistakes. I didn't have the right attitude and I wasn't humble at all. On top of that, I ran around with the wrong crowd. There is no one to blame but me and I have learned from my mistakes.? Rouse thought he should have played more as a true freshman wide receiver last season. He did play in 11 games and caught six passes for 114 yards with one touchdown. Then, after getting in some trouble off the field and not keeping up with his school work, Rouse was dismissed from FSU in January. Since then, it has been a long road for the troubled wideout. He went from being courted by everyone in the country to practically no interest whatsoever from anyone. Except UTEP. ?They have been with me from the beginning and they are going to get everything I have. I have to sit out this season and then I know it's all on me. I also know the sky is the limit. But now I have to start at the bottom and earn my way to the top and that's only going to happen with hard work. My goal is to be humble, be a leader on and off the field and just be the best person I can be. I just feel so blessed to get another chance.? The transition for Rouse from Florida State to UTEP should be as smooth as one would expect in this situation. To help him in transition, there will be two familiar faces on campus. Wide receiver Lorne Sam, a former teammate at Florida State, transferred there last year. And his wide receiver coach at UTEP is former Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards High School star and former Alabama wide receiver Antonio Carter. Fred Rouse is getting a fresh start and a second chance. This time he hopes to make good on the promise that he has both as a player and as a person. Got it off a UNM message board.
-
Best All-Time Marlins SS
Had to go with Edgar.
-
Prison Break
The guy that now plays Steadman, didn't he play "Harvey Leek" on Nash Bridges?
-
Post Your College Basketball Team's Schedule
I'll give you a buffalo nickel if your lobos beat down the Shockers. I have Utah as my preseason prediction for winner of the MWC, as well as a Final Four team...Utah, Oklahoma, Louisville, and Ohio State are Spikes official pre 2006-2007 final four predictions. I'd be really surprised if Utah beat us out for the MWC title this year. Sure they have got guard Johnnie Bryant(13.1 ppg 2.4 apg 2.8 rpg) and center Luke Nevil(11.6 ppg 6.6 rpg 27 blocks) but they did lose forward Bryant Markson who was a big part of their team last year. They do have a pretty good recruiting class coming in but they are still a very young team. I can't see them beating a team led by Giddens and Johnson.
-
8/23 - Nationals at Marlins
What a STUD!
-
8/23 - Nationals at Marlins
We will miss you, Armas.
-
8/23 - Nationals at Marlins
About time!
-
8/23 - Nationals at Marlins
Come on Hermida. Make them regret it.