Everything posted by Baseballer524
-
Miguel Cabrera's Nickname
I call him chamo, as do lots of other copy-cat marlins fans!
-
Anyone have any travel plans this year?
Italy for spring break with my school..... 11 cities in 11 days. Cant wait!!! :thumbup
-
Women's World Series
Congrats! :thumbup
-
Marlins in Broward?
Much closer to the fan base - and the customers with $$$ EXACTLY. You guys are entitled to your opinion but not to your own set of facts. Pompano would be much more convenient to the Palm Beach fans but Palm Beach fans make-up a minimal percentage of the fan base. Pompano would be a little bit more convenient to Broward fans. Broward is close behind Miami-Dade in attendance. Pompano would be a lot less convenient to Miami-Dade. Miami-Dade leads all counties in attendance. Why does Miami-Dade residents have the biggest draw of fans?? Because the current stadium is in Miami-Dade. Oh please...the stadium is on the countyline... I think it's like 8 blocks from Broward. Kendall, South Miami, those areas further south may be in Miami-Dade but Palm Beachers can get to the Stadium quicker than they cna. Exactly. DS is much more convenient to Broward residents than Dade, and Dade still is the largest draw of the 3 counties. If you put the stadium in Pompano or some other piece of sh*t city in Broward, youll just have a stadium that isnt convenient to anybody If Pompano is a piece of sh*t city to you..... whats opa-locka? :confused then what is your solution? move to Broward? yeah, that'll work, because people really care about driving to baseball games there. no matter how much anybody thinks Miami sucks, our neighbors to the north suck worse. yeah, lets move to Pompano instead of Downtown Miami. thats a brilliant move I think its more brilliant than San Antonio, Charlotte, Portland, and Vegas. :whistle
-
The Helicopter Game
2242 I CANT BELEIVE IT!!! It went by so fast too, looked at the score expecting to see 400 or 500 but it was in the 2000's! :cool :cool :cool :| :blink: :banghead
-
Using PayPal
Thanks alot, much appreciated! :thumbup
-
Using PayPal
Is it safe to open up an account on there with your card info and all? And how do you pay for something on ebay using that? I really dont understand it when reading it on ebay.... so thats why I figured Id ask here!
-
The Helicopter Game
Same as madman 1102 and on the first try too, but of course cant ever get even close to that again!
-
Where to find a Sib Husky
I'm looking to buy a sib husky, and have no idea where to look. Someone had told me something about a siberian rescue here in SF, but the website only has a mailing address. Saturday I'm planning on going to the Humane Societies of Broward and Greater Miami, but was wondering if anyone else had info on where would be helpful to look. Thanks in advance!
-
Dance-off anyone?
This is hilarious, a kid beats a hawk mascot at a dance-off. (This kids got some moves....) http://www.break.com/movies/hawk_mascot_loses_dance_off.html
-
Dolphin Stadium Fan Experience
lol oh yeah thats what they called em (I knew it wasnt snow cones)
-
Dolphin Stadium Fan Experience
I always get the chicken tenders, but I'll admit it's not work the 7.50 I have to fork over. (Costs $0.50 less than my ticket to the game) But rarely I'll get a good group of chicken tenders. Nothing else at that stadium looks nearly appetizing. Even the "snow cones" look like they have 1 ounce of flavoring syrup, I'd never waste my money on one of those for a kid. As far as the seating goes I always sit in outfield reserve. Sec 130 and 129 are the best for me. Seats are very cheap, and the view is great (just look straight ahead), plus homeruns are always hit where you sit, and if he's in the mood (hardly ever) Hermida might actually throw a ball to you.
-
Upcoming Marlins Autograph Signings
Just letting everyone know what I know so far.... which doesn't include prices so if you wanna take a guess at them? -Mike Jacobs- Sat 8/26/06 Time: TBA Hollywood Collectibles 3311 Sheridan St. Hollywood, Fl -Anibal Sanchez- Sat 8/26/06 Time:TBA Hollywood Collectibles 3311 Sheridan St. Hollywood, Fl p.s. I apologize if this was already posted somewhere, and for the lack of info http://www.signingshotline.com/signings/results.asp
-
Dads and baseball
I dont know my father, but luckily my mom, sisters, friends, cousins, and tios/tias all love baseball!
-
Hey, question on mailing to the Fish
I remember sending one to Juan Pierre in 04' and think I sent it to the stadium or something like that. My friend had a book or something that showed where to contact all the players, and no I never got a response. BTW: Welcome to the boards!!! :thumbup
-
Can I get a refund or exchange thingy for tickets
I'm planning on buying tickets for tomorrows game online, but didn't want to since I'm not sure if I can get a refund or exchange just incase I might not be able to go (sorry if its a dumb question..... but Im not reading lines and lines of fine print). Thanks in advance :thumbup
-
Hanley Ramirez WalMart Appearance this Sat?
Olivo was at BJ's
-
What a series...
OMG what a game that was..... I've only lost my voice at about one or two other games, but tonight blew those out of the water! Soooo many muts fans in my section (129 row 5) but luckily there were six marlins fans sitting directly in front of me :thumbup . There's seriously NO other feeling like high fiving and celebrating with total strangers.... as long as their marlins fans! Even on the concourse after the game the fans were still screaming "Lets Go Marlins" and "Go Home Mets"!!! Too much fun.... :cool
-
Ladies Night
Thats what I wanna know.... I'm going with my mom and her friend, does that mean I can go too? I hope so
-
Mets @ Marlins, 8/3/2006, 7:05 p.m. Dolphin Stadium
Im soooo happy Im going to the game tonight, haven't gone to too many this year unfortunatley :thumbdown . LETS GO FISH!
-
Marlins Signings
Anyone planning on going to any of these? Never been to a signing before myself. Always planned on going to a cabrera one but never happened since im a procrastinater :thumbdown
-
Marlins Signings
Just a quick heads up everyone.... Hanley Ramirez - Sat 8/5/06 11:30 All Star Cards & Collectibles 5785 S. University Drive Davie, Florida Price Not Yet Available Miguel Olivo - Sat 8/5/06 Time to be announced BJ's 17250 NW 57th Avenue Hialeah, Florida Free? http://www.signingshotline.com/signings/results.asp
-
3 Questions for Bush
LMAO Steve's next
-
Snakes on a Plane Audition
LOL That was hilarious :notworthy
-
I need to releive some stress.....
Okay so school's gonna start soon and I'm about to enter my junior year of high school. I just turned 16 about a month ago, and REALLY badly want a car. My mother knows that and decides to make a purely evil bribe. I can either move with her to Ocala (middle of no where) Florida, and get ANY car my heart desires. Or we stay down here and I can pay for my own car (and with my pay may take forever). First off, about two months ago my mother and I had agreed that we were NOT gonna move to Ocala (unlike the rest of my family) and set a new pattern by moving to new york to be with my sisters and their families. Ok so that all took place about 4 days ago. But then I find out that my cousin and one of my sisters are actually flying down here to Ocala next week to look at houses and may possibly buy one very soon. I really love where I live now and my school, and am very settled in with the friends I've had since the sixth grade and do NOT want to move to Ocala, I would much rather be in new york where I visit every summer and winter (so friend making and comfort around the area wont be a problem). Then, while all of that is running through my mind at work, I get a message from my manager to tell me to meet him in his office . My first words as I walk into the office are "Am I fired?" and he tells me no...... but almost. He said that while interviewing some recent applicants, he and the owners of the store (the big boss') were going through some of the current employees and just stating who they think should stay and who should go. As they went through the list the only name that really sparked any conversation was mine. Apparently my boss thinks that I'm a slacker and should be fired immediatly. However my gaurdian angel must have made a quick visit and thankfully decided that my manager should defend me. He told them that he saw something special in me and that I had a great work ethic. (Just to catch you up I've been working there for 11 months now and Im the longest lasting employee at this store since nobody else would put up my boss's crap). My manager also said that he wouldnt have promoted me 5 months ago if he didnt think I could handle it. He practically begged them to give me a second chance. He however didnt schedule me to work at all this week because he wanted to discuss whether I truly wanted to stay there or not. He said I didnt need to return to the "above and beyond" work ethic that I had, but at least get what needs to be done, done. So now Ive got a week off of work and am gonna spend it in Ocala with my mom "house hunting" with my sister and cousin. Ive got whether or not to keep my lousy job (that pays 10 cents above minimum wage AS A SHIFT LEADER), and the threat of possibly moving to Ocala and leaving everything I love here behind, all weighting heavily in my head. I've even asked my mom to let me just stay and finish high school here, but it looks like if my sister and cousin move, we are too! This is way too much stress for me to handle......