Everything posted by Brandman316
-
A look at the next 6 games
Can we please not make any predictions as to incur the jinx?????? 870539[/snapback] Im not saying that we WILL go 5-1, or 4-2 in our next 2 series, I'm just saying we NEED to go 5-1, or 4-2. I don't believe the Marlins have 100% possibility of accomplishing this, I just feel it is almost neccesary at this point.
-
A look at the next 6 games
Did you read my post, Ramp????? I said 4-2 would be ok, but 5-1 is almost a must at this point.
-
A look at the next 6 games
I'm not a fan of those sayings of "Must-win" games when the season still has a month and a half to go, but to me the next 6 games WILL determine this season's fate. These are the reasons why the next 6 game will be important: - Marlins playing weak opponents:The Marlins are playing the Giants and the Pirates in the next 6 games. 2 teams that are below .500 and can be beaten VERY easily. The excuses are finished, we used them all up during the first half of the season. A team like the Marlins MUST win both series. Not just do "well" in the series, but be great. I'm talking about going at least 4-2, and even that is bad. I feel we need to go 5-1. The offense has played well so far this half of the season and we MUST be great in these series to be true contenders. - Nationals will continue to struggle: Unless the Nats make any MAJOR moves, I believe the Nats will continue to play bad in their next 6 games. They play Houston, who has won 5 straight and is starting to heat up, and then start a series against the Braves, who tend to play strong this year. The Wildcard is a strong possibility for the Fish and during the Nats/Braves series, as long as we win, we will be GUARANTEED to make ground because the Nats and Braves are playing each other, so one of those teams will lose each night - Nearing the trade deadline: The trade deadline is 8 days away as of today, July 22. I truly believe that if the Marlins play great during the next 6 games, which is very, very possible, the Front Office WILL keep AJ and Lowell, and might possibly do a trade thats makes us stronger in the pen. If we play bad in these next 6 games, our season is done. AJ will most likely be traded, and even though that wouldn't mean we are sellers, I find it hard to be able to make it to the post season with just Willis, a injury-prone Beckett, a decent pitcher in Moehler, and a couple of rookies. Especially with how our offense has played. Hopefully we can get hot, and keep AJ!!!!
-
Cliff-Notes on the AJ Saga
Good post, although you're guilty yourself of assuming that the Marlins are even considering moving AJ. They probably are, and I'm sure many clubs have called asking about AJ, but do we really know what's going on in Beinfest's mind. Just about everything we think we know is rumor. For all we know the real negotiations might have the Marlins moving one of their pitching prospects for a top reliever and or a big bat.I would say that IMO moving AJ at this point means giving up on winning it all THIS YEAR. There is no deal that you can make that would replace having Beckett-AJ-Willis as 1-2-3 in the playoffs THIS YEAR. I personally feel that the Marlins have only a 25% chance of making the postseason(with AJ). I'd rather take that chance, and the 2 draft picks, then give up the chance, and have to wait another 2-3 years at least until we had as strong a pitching staff. For while I think our chances of making the playoffs are only 25%, I think if we did make the playoffs, we would be the favorite(with AJ). 870022[/snapback] Pay attention. By all accounts he's trying to add a solid starter if not from the A.J trade than from another trade. 870107[/snapback] I had noticed that particular rumor. None of the solid starters who have been rumored impress me, and unless AJ agrees to a new contract no team is givng up a starter that can come close to AJ. No thank you. I prefer to stick with Beckett-Burnett-Willis as 1-2-3 if we make the playoffs. 870218[/snapback] I agree. I was not at all impressed with the rumors of who we were getting in return if we traded AJ, especially the O's deal. The Marlins are in a extremely tough position because Aj isn't just any normal pitcher. You really can't trade AJ and get a better pitcher in return, because AJ is one of the best around. I think the Marlins will look like sellers no matter who they get in return because Aj is that good.
-
A friendly reminder to our new members
Thanks for the reminder, DAD.
-
Cliff-Notes on the AJ Saga
You know, sooooo many people just ASSUME that the Marlins are gonna trade AJ. I really feel strongly that IF the Marlins start to play well and the Nats continue to fall, a very likely scenario with us playing the sub-.500 Giants, the Marlins WON'T trade Aj. The only reason why the Marlins are considering trading AJ is because they are unsure of the team's future this season. Sure it is VERY unlikely that the Marlins will be able to re-sign AJ, but the Fish are only gonna give away AJ if they feel they don't have a legitimate chance at going to the post season. I guess my point is this, if the Marlins were 15 games over .500 and had a good lead in the NL East, which is where they should be, they wouldn't think at all about trading AJ because he would help in the post season. If the Marlins start a 6-7 game winning streak in the next couple of series and start to make a push, I wouldn't be surprised if AJ finishes this season in Teal.
-
Inside SC
Watched the show too. Loved it!!! Sooo many people working to make that show a success!!!!
-
Rate this fantasy football team:
If I had the first pick, I would have gone with Manning at #1. RB is probably the most important position in FF, but I had Manning last year and he easily made me win half of my games last year. Having Wayne and Harrison also helped!!!!!!!!
-
Quite Frankly
I like Stephen A!!!! I find him funny. Yes, he can be obnoxious, but always tells it as it is.
-
MB.com FOX Fantasy Football League
For the record, I am The Ignitors. Can't wait for Football Season!!!!!!!!
-
The Florida Marlins vs. The Arizona Diamondbacks
WOW! A double play. How Rare!!!!
-
The Florida Marlins vs. The Arizona Diamondbacks
ROCKIES WIN!!!!!!!!!!
-
The Florida Marlins vs. The Arizona Diamondbacks
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ITS THE RALLY PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . YAY!!!!!!!!!!
-
The Florida Marlins vs. The Arizona Diamondbacks
Will we actually win a series this time???????
-
positive forum.
Guess Ill add this here too. Figured I'd add my Marlins rendition of the Famous Dolphin Fight Song! Florida's got the Marlins! The Greatest Baseball Team! They hit the ball over the wall like no ones ever seen! They rule the mound! Steal all around! And rob 'em in the hole! Cause when you say the Marlins your talkin' Playoff souls! Cause their the Florida Marlins! Florida Marlins! Florida Marlins # 1! Cause their the Florida Marlins! Florida Marlins! Florida Marlins # 1! 866555[/snapback] :ban 866570[/snapback] Oh come on now! Have a little bit of fun, this is the positive forum afterall! And Im willing to give anything a try, lol. I can even come over to your dorm or wherever and sing it to you. Go Fish! 866572[/snapback] LOL! I will second that request for a ban. Not only is it WAY to positive for how the Marlins are playing, but in the last 2 lines you say the "Florida Marlins" SIX TIMES!!! LOL WE KNOW WHO WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. Also, the line about hitting the ball over the wall needs to go!!!Since when are we a power team? Thats are biggest weakness!!!!!!!!
-
That moron Izzy
Was he the guy who said Alex should leadoff in the lineup???
-
Mike Lowell
I realize he will make 19 mil in the next 2 years, but in my opinion, I think we should REALLY consider if we want to trade Mike. Maybe it's just the fact that I like the guy, but in my opinion we should NOT trade him.
-
carlos delgado should go after this season.
:ban :ban :ban :ban :ban :ban :ban :ban :ban :ban I would like to nominate this post to the Hall of Fame under the most retarded post of all time. I am not joking :plain . Marlins have had a lot of problems this year but Delgado is definately not one. I guess the Home Run, RBI numbers, and Batting Average stats are over rated.
-
SELLERS
Who would want Brian Moehler? 859197[/snapback] hmmm a cheap starter with solid numbers? yea, who would want him? 859201[/snapback] Look at the hits he allows? Like 110 in 100 IP??? As a scout he would get only net a player to be named later. 859216[/snapback] Hes better than that........
-
A Jack of all trades
Guys, PierreMVP1 was joking. Everyone calm down and stop with these insults. Quite childish.
-
SELLERS
I'm sorry I can't take anything you say seriously since you flip flop more then a politician.... ps: If you want to be frustrated after tonight, Carlos is the guy who needs to get it more then anyone else and you neglect to mention him. 859150[/snapback] It is about the whole season. Something will happen after tonight trust me....McKeon fired, big trade, something....watch. What have I flop flopped on? Go follow the Phils since you anger resembles Admin Bowa. 859171[/snapback] dude, you have more mood swings that a woman with PMS 859177[/snapback] Did you come up with that all by yourself? Bro, Ive followed baseball a long time and this season is coming to an end. You'll see with a huge move coming soon. 859182[/snapback] HHAAAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Lol. If you guys want to starting fighting, than PM each other, doesn't belong here. WildMarlin, I think everyone is kinda jumping on ya because we see this alot where we lose and people come on here and say we are complete sellers, and this and that. I guess your timing was off because your post came on right after the Phillies had that run in the 7th. The fact is we HAVE to trade AJ, and probably either Lowell or Juan. Trading those players doesn't make us "Sellers." It is something we have to do to make the present and future better. All clubs have to do this once in a while. Besides with how this season has gone, maybe the less talent we have, the more better we will play???!!! Weird, yes, but maybe with the team having less talent they will fight more?? Who knows.
- BREWERS WIN!!!!
-
The Official "If You Were The GM" Thread
For once in my life I am actually going to post something serious. I like the idea of moving Cabrera to third if Lowell never comes around (give him two more weeks). But I am not entirely sure that Conine would be that great of a hitter right now. I am also not so sure Hermida would be the best bet right now either. It just seems too iffy. But at the same time, what do we have to lose? 856259[/snapback] I seem to be using that phrase a lot when talking about the Marlins. I think the Front Office should use that as this year's Phrase. --FLORIDA MARLINS BASEBALL-- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE??
-
The Official "If You Were The GM" Thread
After another bad loss to the Phillies and seeing what everyone has to say about what the Marlins should do. I thought it would be a good idea to have everyone's ideas about what they would do if they could control the Marlins. Here is what I would do. 1. Fire Bill Robinson. Guy needs to go. He is not the complete problem with the team,but is a big part IMO. 2. Fire Jack. I know it seems like I'm firing people left and right, but I dont see any urgency from this team whats so ever. Again he is not the MAIN reason why we are doing bad, but things need to be shaken up. Historically, Jack has not had good seasons in his 3rd year of managing. 3. Trade AJ. I said earlier in the year that this guy is over rated and everyone hated on me. The guy has great stuff, but has a hard time winning games. I believe with this loss, he is now 2 games under .500 for his career. Not a quality ace, but could be a good 2-4 guy in the rotation that many playoff teams want. Teams would be willing to give ALOT for this guy.. As for who to get, the choices are hard. Ideally, a package with a young pitcher, a good bat for NOW, and maybe another role player/bullpen help for AJ/Juan would be great. 4. Give the "other players" more time for a consistent time. Aguilla, Easley, and Conine should be used more. Thats all for now. We must remember here guys that sometimes roster don't work out. Look at all the Yankee's rosters, who were thought to be great and they just did not work. Lets hope thing changes. Big ups to Vargas who pitched very well tonight!!!
-
So...
Alex has been great this year. You cant depend alot from Alex offensively, but he has been good. Not his fault the offense is bad. It's Mike's.