Everything posted by MrAndMrsFish
-
Heat Offseason Thread
Trade is now official the 5-team deal has been approved In short Heat acquire Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, James Posey and Andre Emmett Heat lose Eddie Jones, Rasul Butler, Qyntel Woods and the rights to 2004 2nd round pick Albert Miralles and some draft picks
-
My 1,000th Post on MB.com
Congrats man im a ways off b4 the big 1K...but 500 will be a happy day if i can get there b4 the end of this year
-
NHL Offseason Thread
Panthers sign Martin Gelinas! 885722[/snapback] source???
-
Heat Offseason Thread
Heat signs Shaq and is ready to finalize trade BY ISRAEL GUTIERREZ igutierrez@herald.com A little less money for Shaquille O'Neal means really big things for the Miami Heat. The Heat signed O'Neal to a five-year deal worth $100 million on Tuesday, the first day free agents could officially sign with teams. By O'Neal agreeing to a deal that pays him $20 million annually, the Heat has the financial flexibility to surround him with quality talent and avoid paying a luxury tax next season. And the talent is already on its way. The Heat on Tuesday was also finalizing the details on a five-team trade that would send Antoine Walker, Jason Williams and James Posey to Miami. The Heat would send Eddie Jones to Memphis, Rasual Butler to New Orleans and Qyntel Woods to Boston. The Celtics would also receive Andre Emmett and Curtis Borchardt, two more minimum-salary players that they could possibly release, the rights to the Heat's 2004 second-round pick Albert Miralles and another future second-round pick. Utah would receive Greg Ostertag, and the Hornets, who are under the salary cap, would also get former lottery pick Kirk Snyder. The deal includes Walker, 28, signing a six-year contract worth $50 million. The Heat would ideally like to use Walker off the bench, similar to the role Heat assistant coach Bob McAdoo played with the Lakers in the 1980s. The Heat's preferred starting lineup would include Williams, Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and O'Neal, with the small forward spot still to be decided. Posey played only 50 games last season because of injuries to both feet, and his health may be a concern to the Heat. Source: Miami Herald Miami Herald Registration maybe required and the story is longer i put the most pertinant info on the message
-
Heat Offseason Thread
WOW rumors flying high and might about a big trade is a brewing for the heat....major roster overhaul as soon as i can find a credible source ill post it.... 5-team trade type rumors
-
NBA Offseason Thread
The Sacramento Kings acquired guard Bonzi Wells from the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday in a long-anticipated trade for guard Bobby Jackson and center Greg Ostertag. The Grizzlies then traded Ostertag to the Utah Jazz for guard Raul Lopez, forward Kirk Snyder and center Curtis Borchardt. Wells averaged 11.3 points and 3.3 rebounds for Memphis last season, but the controversial guard was removed from the Grizzlies' playoff roster during the club's first-round playoff loss to Phoenix after clashing with coach Mike Fratello. Wells, a seventh-year pro, also found trouble during his first five NBA seasons in Portland, but will get a fresh start in Sacramento. A proven scorer who averaged 17 points per game for the Trail Blazers in 2001-02, Wells is expected to be the Kings' starting shooting guard, replacing departing free agent Cuttino Mobley. ??We're excited about the opportunity to get Bonzi and rebuild our backcourt with some size, length and versatility,'' said Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations. ??We really look forward to him coming in and having a terrific year and adding a dimension to our team that's different from what we've had before.'' Earlier in the offseason, Memphis exercised an $8 million option on Wells for next season. Jackson, the NBA's top sixth man in 2003, was the Kings' most popular and versatile player when healthy in recent years ? but the point guard has missed big parts of the last three seasons because of injuries. He averaged 12 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists last season, but sat out 51 games with a torn ligament in his wrist, returning late in the regular season. He missed 21 games with a broken left hand during the 2002-03 season, then missed 28 of the Kings' final 29 regular-season games and the 2004 playoffs with a strained abdominal muscle. He will make just $3.375 million in the final season of a six-year deal he signed with the Kings in 2000. ??Bobby is not only a talented player and great competitor, but he is an individual of tremendous character,'' said Jerry West, the Grizzlies' president of basketball operations. ??He will be a veteran leader and an explosive scorer.'' Ostertag, a 10-year veteran who played sparingly in Sacramento, is back with the Jazz, where he spent his first nine NBA seasons. With Jackson's departure, Mike Bibby and Peja Stojakovic are the only Kings who were with the club just two seasons ago. Petrie has overhauled the roster in the last year with the departures of Chris Webber, Doug Christie, Mobley and Jackson. The Jazz gave up on three youngsters to re-acquire Ostertag, who will make $4.4 million next season. Borchardt, Snyder and Lopez all failed to live up to expectations with the Jazz. Source: AP
-
NBA Offseason Thread
According to reports, G Jeff McInnis signed a two year deal worth 7 million with the New Jersey Nets. According to several sources, the Suns agree to a sign and trade deal with the Hawks that would send G/F Joe Johnson to the Hawks for G Bobby Diaw. 885417[/snapback] Boris Diaw is the guy getting traded in the Joe Johnson deal
-
Heat Offseason Thread
Shaquille O'Neal and the Miami Heat agreed Tuesday on a $100 million, five-year contract, one that presumably will keep the 12-time All-Star center playing past his 38th birthday. The deal will be signed later Tuesday, said O'Neal's agent Perry Rogers. ??We wanted to make sure that Shaquille was being compensated well into his career,'' Rogers told The Associated Press. ??We also wanted to make sure he was paid his value. And it was important the Heat had flexibility they need in the short-term to win a championship. ??It's about winning.'' O'Neal was vacationing Tuesday and not immediately available for comment. Earlier Tuesday, O'Neal opted out of the final year of his existing deal, one that would have paid him $30.6 million this coming season. Source: AP Now that is official and for 5-100 that is a bargain for the best player in the league he has really help out the team by taking that much of paycut
-
TATANKA!!!
niiiiice. That dude is awesome.? Did he retain the same music? (I don't get Spike TV anymore) 884244[/snapback] Yeah, the same theme music and outfit. He did all the indian calls. It's probably a one night thing but a cool suprise. 884258[/snapback] One night thing is totally correct...he was used in the Eugene invitational for the week due to the fact that they were on an Indian Reservation last night.... next week Angle should go over on Eugene in PITTSBURGH
-
Heat Offseason Thread
I think if they trade EJ for JWilliams and Posey, then they might get walker to fill the gap cause then your lineup would be PG J. Williams SG Wade SF A. Walker PF U. Haslem C S. O'Neal that is pretty impressive lineup and with Posey, Mourning, Simien, Wright and the rest of the cast coming off the bench...that is like WOAH
-
Heat Offseason Thread
This one is Miami Heat news...if they want to encompass it into one that is fine but with the Heat expecting to make some big time moves in the coming days I thought it warranted its own thread
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Since the signing freeze is lifted today, I figured I would give this offseason thread thing a crack Here ya go folks....talk it up about your fav. NBA teams
-
Arizona GM steps down
Arizona Diamondbacks general manager Joe Garagiola Jr. resigned Monday to become senior vice president of baseball operations in the commissioner's office. ??This is an emotional day for me,'' Garagiola said. ??The Diamondbacks franchise has meant so much to me and my family, and I take great pride in all that we have accomplished.'' Garagiola joined the Diamondbacks in 1995 and helped build the expansion team from scratch before it began play in '98. He led Arizona to a World Series championship in 2001 and three NL West titles, though the club went 51-111 last year, one of the worst seasons in NL history. The Diamondbacks went through an ownership reorganization last year in an effort to turn things around. Jerry Colangelo, the team's controlling owner since its inception, was replaced by Ken Kendrick, and former player agent Jeff Moorad was brought in to take a prominent role in the front office. Garagiola will start his new job on Aug. 15, overseeing operations for the major and minor leagues, as well as international baseball. Boston Red Sox vice president of baseball operations Mike Port and former big league player Darrell Miller also accepted positions in the commissioner's office. Port, who served as GM of the Angels from 1984-91 and interim GM of the Red Sox in 2002, will leave Boston immediately to begin his new job as vice president of umpiring. Miller, who played mostly catcher and outfield for the Angels from 1984-88, was appointed director of the Major League Baseball Urban Youth Academy in Compton, Calif. ??We are delighted to bring on such eminently qualified people as Joe, Mike and Darrell,'' commissioner Bud Selig said. ??They bring enormous baseball experience to the table. Their hires and the reorganization will allow us to prepare for and handle every situation that arises in the baseball operations area.'' Jimmie Lee Solomon was promoted to executive vice president of baseball operations on June 1 to replace Sandy Alderson, who left the commissioner's office to become chief executive officer of the San Diego Padres. Umpires will now report to Port instead of Alderson. Bob Watson was promoted Monday to vice president of rules and on-field operations. In addition to his duties as baseball's chief disciplinarian, Watson will also oversee ballpark ground rules, measurements and standards. Lou Melendez was promoted to vice president of international baseball operations and administration. He will administer Major League Baseball's relationship with its foreign academies in Australia, Puerto Rico and Italy.
-
Dolphins First Depth Chart
Ummm....where's Chambers? 883572[/snapback] he is the 2nd receiver right on top of the QBs
-
Dolphins' Smith suffers injury
The Dolphins' beleaguered offensive line suffered another blow Monday when backup center Wade Smith suffered what is believed a fractured right forearm during a morning practice, a source said. A timetable for how much playing time he will be forced to miss is not immediately known, but the fact Smith snaps right-handed could delay his return. Dolphins coach Nick Saban declined comment through a team spokesman. Smith's Memphis-based agent Brian Parker also declined comment. Smith was converted this offseason to center after playing left tackle during his first two NFL seasons with the Dolphins, who selected him in the third round of the 2003 draft. Smith was a consensus All-Rookie selection after starting 16 games in his first NFL season, but he was demoted after the second contest in 2004 behind Damion McIntosh and barely played the rest of the year. Smith was working as the second-team center behind starter Seth McKinney. Starting right guard Rex Hadnot received some repetitions with the first-team offense during Monday morning's practice. McKinney took Hadnot's spot at right guard. A Dolphins spokesman said the team did not have an immediate comment about Smith's status. Smith's Memphis-based agent Brian Parker declined comment. The Dolphins practiced Monday morning without offensive linemen Jeno James (heat-related illness), Jason Thomas (virus), Anthony Alabi (ankle) and Eric Wilson (unexcused absence).
-
Dolphins First Depth Chart
2005 MIAMI DOLPHINS DEPTH CHART (As of 8/1/05) OFFENSE WR 86 Marty Booker 88 Derrius Thompson 80 David Boston 14 Kendall Newson 16 Maurice Mann *17 Josh Davis* LT 72 Vernon Carey 77 Damion McIntosh *67 Anthony Alabi* LG 78 Jeno James 69 Taylor Whitley 62 Eric Wilson C 68 Seth McKinney 74 Wade Smith 60 Jason Thomas RG 66 Rex Hadnot 70 John St. Clair 65 Rodney Reed RT 73 Stockar McDougle 76 Damion Cook 61 Orrin Thompson TE 81 Randy McMichael 85 Donald Lee *48 Alex Holmes* 40 Lorenzo Diamond 41 Jason Rader WR 84 Chris Chambers 82 Bryan Gilmore 83 Wes Welker87 Ronald Bellamy 15 Danny Farmer QB 7 A.J. Feeley/11 Gus Frerotte 18 Sage Rosenfels *8 Brock Berlin* HB 30 Lamar Gordon 31 Sammy Morris 28 Travis Minor 34 Ricky Williams *43 Kay-Jay Harris* FB 44 Heath Evans 32 Jamar Martin DEFENSE LE 93 Kevin Carter *98 Matt Roth* 97 Dario Romero *65 Chris Solomona* NT 90 Jeff Zgonina 94 Keith Traylor *92 Kevin Vickerson* 62 Reggie Rhodes DT 91 Vonnie Holliday 95 Josh Shaw *75 Manuel Wright*67 Matt Walters OE 99 Jason Taylor 96 David Bowens 79 Ronald Flemons WLB 55 Junior Seau 56 Derrick Pope 50 Brendon Ayanbadejo 57 Corey Jenkins MLB 54 Zach Thomas *52 Channing Crowder* 51 Winston Taylor SLB 59 Donnie Spragan 46 Jason Glenn *53 Derek Curry* LCB *21 Travis Daniels* 25 Reggie Howard 45 Deandre Eiland 35 Billy Parker RCB 29 Sam Madison 20 Mario Edwards 42 Alphonso Roundtree SS 24 Tebucky Jones 22 Tony Bua 36 Chris Akins FS 37 Yeremiah Bell 26 Travares Tillman 47 Lance Schulters 49 Jack Hunt SPECIALISTS P 1 Matt Turk 5 Donnie Jones K 10 Olindo Mare PC 89 Ed Perry *63 John Denney* 90 Jeff Zgonina KC 89 Ed Perry *63 John Denney* 90 Jeff Zgonina H 1 Matt Turk 11 Gus Frerotte PR 83 Wes Welker 14 Kendall Newson 42 Alphonso Roundtree KR 83 Wes Welker 28 Travis Minor 82 Bryan Gilmore Note: *2005 Rookie* Intresting to note that Ricky Williams is listed fourth on the depth chart....and obviously with Ronnie Brown not being signed yet what does that mean for the overload of running backs this team has???
-
Sele released by Mariners
The Seattle Mariners released struggling pitcher Aaron Sele on Monday and recalled right-hander Jorge Campillo from Triple-A Tacoma. Sele was 6-12 with a 5.66 ERA in 21 starts this season. He lost a career-worst seven straight starts after going 6-5 through June 25. The right-hander pitched for Seattle from 2000-01, going 32-15 in 68 games. He helped the Mariners set an AL record with 116 wins in 2001. The 35-year-old Sele, who grew up in Poulsbo, Wash., and pitched in college at Washington State, played for the Angels from 2002-04 and rejoined the Mariners this spring as a non-roster invitee. He has also pitched for Boston and Texas during 12 major league seasons. The 26-year-old Campillo is a former Mexican League standout who has spent most of this season at Tacoma, going 4-1 with a 2.71 ERA in 12 starts. He allowed 63 hits in 66 1-3 innings with 18 walks and 43 strikeouts. He is scheduled to start for the Mariners on Tuesday night in Detroit. Campillo made his major league debut on May 21 in his only appearance with Seattle this season, working one inning against the San Diego Padres. He joined the Mariners as a free agent during spring training. Now pitching for the New York Yankees.....
-
Boone released by the Twins
The Twins informed second baseman Bret Boone late Sunday that they released him, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I played (crappy)," he said. "I haven't played anywhere close to how I've played in the past. I'm as disappointed as anyone with my performance.'' The club acquired Boone from the Mariners in a July 11 trade.
-
THOSE BRAVES!!!!
WOOHOO BRAVES LOSE....NOW THE FISH NEED TO BEAT THE CARDINALS *CLAP CLAP CLAP* :thumbup
-
White Sox release Takatsu
The Chicago White Sox released reliever Shingo Takatsu on Monday, one season after he finished second in AL Rookie of the Year balloting. The 36-year-old Takatsu was designated for assignment by Chicago on July 18 and sent to Triple-A Charlotte on July 28. He was 1-2 with a 5.97 ERA and eight saves in 31 appearances with the White Sox this season. Takatsu, Japan's career saves leader, was 6-4 with 19 saves last season for Chicago. He was runner-up to Oakland shortstop Bobby Crosby for the AL Rookie of the Year award. Source: AP
-
Seahawks' Robinson checks into rehab
Finally realizing he has a problem with alcohol, former Seahawks wide receiver Koren Robinson has checked himself into a 30-day treatment center in South Carolina and plans to be ready for the NFL regular season as a new person. "I've realized I've got a problem," Robinson said. "I know the path I was going down wouldn't enable me to be a successful person in life and a successful football player on the field. I had to be proactive before I got too bad." Robinson's career and life have been spiraling out of control for the past eight months. Because of his drinking, he missed meetings late in the 2004 season and had to make a promise to seek alcohol treatment to stay on the active roster. That didn't work. Robinson finished the season on the active roster but was charged with a DUI on May 6 in Kirkland, Wa. After pleading guilty, he ended up receiving a 365-day jail sentence in which 364 days were suspended. When he showed up for his one-day jail sentence, alcohol was allegedly detected on his breath by two detectives, a violation of his probation from the plea bargain. That incident was the final straw. Robinson had been in denial about his problems. Last week, he checked himself in a rehab center. "I will get out at the end of August," Robinson said. "I just know I had a problem. I was in denial for a while. Stuff had to happen to me for me to realize it before anything bad happened. I'm not ashamed of what I've done. I'm thankful it wasn't worse. But I have to put this problem in the past." Robinson wouldn't discuss his pending legal issue. He has an Aug. 4 hearing to determine any penalty for violating his probation. Because he's at a South Carolina treatment center, he will have to postpone that hearing until late August or early September. His plan is to sober up and be available for the 2005 season. From what Robinson has heard from the league office, he won't be subject to a year suspension even though he had a four-week suspension last year for violation of the substance policy. "I won't be suspended, that's what I understand," Robinson said. "I will keep working out and keeping my fingers crossed someone will want to sign me. I can still play. My agent (Alvin Keels) has talked to the league and that's what they've said. There were some teams that we had been talking to and I hope they are still interested in my. First, I have to handle my business because I know I have a problem." Robinson received treatment for his alcohol problems twice during the offseason, but until last week, Robinson hadn't entered into a 12-step program to stop his problems with alcohol. Mike Holmgren, his former coach, made him seek help for his problems, but Robinson was in denial, which is why those other treatments failed. "I only went into treatment then because I was pressured," Robinson said. "The first one was after the season. It was a 28-day program. It was like a detox program as opposed to a 12-step. The one I'm in now is a 30-day in-patient to get me to stay clean and sober. After the DUI, I had a five-day treatment for assessment and evaluation." The recent incident at the Kirkland jail was his wake-up call. "Everybody was seeing myself going down the hill, and it was like the hill just never stopped, it never flattened out," Robinson said. "This woke me up. I'm not really that type of person. The whole situation makes you see what you really have. I have a great opportunity being an NFL player. A lot of people would give an arm and a leg to be in my position. Those people go to work from eight until five just to be able to financially be able to afford a house. "I get to play football and do something that I love to do. I've been taking it for granted. This has really humbled me. I can see that I'm not Superman and that I can't run through a wall if I want to." Robinson almost signed with the 49ers after the Seahawks released him in early June. But the 49ers backed out of a possible deal because of timing. His availability came at a time in which the 49ers were under organizational criticism because of the public release of an inappropriate public relations tape. "I hope teams are still interested in me," Robinson said. "I must show I can handle my business. I know I have a problem. This time, I checked myself in because I wanted to get help. Nobody was telling me to do this. I came to the realization that, 'Koren, you need help.' I've got to do what I had to do. I feel like I can be a living testimony by being able to stop this." Robinson is a talented 26-year-old former first-round choice with the potential to be a No. 1 receiver on a team. But first, Koren Robinson had to take care of Koren Robinson. The process started last week. Source: ESPN.COM
-
NHL Offseason Thread
Panthers make a big splash agreeing to terms with LW Gary Roberts and Joe Nieuwendyk.... Source: Miami Herald More to come
-
Mariah Carey
WOW I don't care how much surgery she has had but Mariah is looking DAMN GOOD
-
I'm leaving
Good Luck And thanks for serving in the armed forces
-
Guess who just tested positive for 'roids
Rafael Palmeiro was suspended Monday for violating Major League Baseball's steroids policy, nearly five months after telling Congress that ??I have never used steroids. Period.'' Palmeiro two weeks ago collected his 3,000th hit, joining Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Eddie Murray as the only players with 3,000 hits and 500 homers. Palmeiro, 40, is the seventh and highest-profile player to test positive under the major league policy adopted earlier this year. Source: AP Note: Will be updated later