Everything posted by MrAndMrsFish
-
Baseball America recognizes Marlins players
BEST TOOLS Several Marlins were recognized in Baseball America's annual "Best Tools" issue as voted by league managers. Luis Castillo was named best defensive second baseman. Juan Pierre was best bunter and base runner. A.J. Burnett was voted as having the league's second-best fastball behind Billy Wagner. Alex Gonzalez came in third behind Venezuelan countrymen Cesar Izturis and Omar Vizquel as the best defensive shortstop. Perhaps the biggest omission: Mike Lowell was not included among the top three defensive third basemen. Actually it's other managers voting, not necessarily the BA staff, but nevertheless... cool to see. 889744[/snapback] you are correct that is a huge omission, with Rolen on the DL, there is NO better defensive third baseman in the NL than Lowell, with Rolen out as long as he has been it would be a TRAVESTY if Mikey doesn't win a gold glove this year
-
King Felix to start Thursday?
With the way he's going, I think they'll give him one more. But, there is action in the pen. 15 outs: 11 ground outs, 4 strike outs, 0 fly outs. 888777[/snapback] that is huge!!!! 888781[/snapback] So in thinking....if this kid can keep the ball on the ground he is going to be an excellent major league pitcher!!!!
-
King Felix to start Thursday?
With the way he's going, I think they'll give him one more. But, there is action in the pen. 15 outs: 11 ground outs, 4 strike outs, 0 fly outs. 888777[/snapback] that is huge!!!!
-
King Felix to start Thursday?
he is close to his supposed pitch count...but will they pull him after 5
- Orioles Fire Lee Mazzilli
-
King Felix to start Thursday?
Much better 2nd inning....2 groundouts and a K Pitch count now at 40
-
King Felix to start Thursday?
Rough first inning 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K got a good 3-2-3 DP and then struck out skinny Pudge to end the threat....not bad...could be first inning jitters
-
Man sentenced for killing wife
PANAMA CITY, Fla. ? (AP) ? A man who got angry with his wife because she wanted to cuddle after sex when what he really wanted to do was watch sports on television was sentenced to death for killing her with a claw hammer. Christopher Offord, 30, was sentenced Wednesday by Circuit Judge Dedee Costello, who said the brutality of the crime outweighed any mental problems Offord may have had. ??The defendant struck his wife approximately 70 individual blows after spending a happy interlude with her,'' the judge said. ??Her desire to cuddle after sex does not justify the extremely violent, brutal response of the defendant.'' Offord pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the 2004 slaying of Dana Noser, 40, at his apartment. He confessed to a bartender at a sports bar before his arrest. He told investigators that his wife had been nagging him to come back to bed. Offord did not speak in court but said in a jailhouse interview in June: ??I figured I killed her so I deserve to die.''
-
Is double header GAME 2 on TV?
Last night on the telecast they said that Game 1 would be on FSNF but they didn't say anything about game 2 according to Rich and Tommy last nite Cape do you know anything different
-
NBA Offseason Thread
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets' trade with the Portland Trail Blazers for forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim has been put on hold after questions arose during his physical examination, the Nets said Thursday. The Nets did not disclose the nature or cause of the questions. The 29-year-old Abdur-Rahim missed 22 games with the Blazers last season after undergoing surgery in mid-January to address loose particles in his right elbow. New Jersey agreed to a six-year deal last month with the veteran forward, who has averaged 19.8 points and 8.1 rebounds during his nine-year career with Vancouver, Atlanta and Portland. Nets president Rod Thorn was scheduled to address the issue Thursday afternoon at the Nets' practice facility. The team has until Aug. 12 to complete the trade. Source: ESPN.com
-
Buddy Bell's nephew killed in Iraq
BOSTON -- Lance Cpl. Timothy Michael Bell Jr., a nephew of Kansas City Royals manager Buddy Bell, was among the 14 Marines killed Wednesday by a roadside bomb in Iraq. There was a moment of silence before the Royals played the Red Sox at Fenway Park on Wednesday night. "That was probably the most touching moment of silence I've stood through," Royals designated hitter Mike Sweeney said after Boston's 8-5 victory. Fourteen members of an Ohio Marine battalion were killed Wednesday, two days after five other Marines assigned to the battalion were killed while on sniper duty in Iraq. Military officials told the families of three Marines -- including Bell, 22, of West Chester in suburban Cincinnati -- that they were among those who died Wednesday in a roadside bombing. "It makes it harder to see the skipper, the rock of our team, with tears in his eyes," an emotional Sweeney said. "I ask everyone to pray for him and his family. "We wanted to pull this one out for Skipper, with the pain he's going through," Sweeney said. After the game, Bell answered questions from reporters in the middle of the clubhouse, as he did after Tuesday night's loss. He ended the session by saying, "That's all I've got," and walked into his office. Bell is a member of a three-generation baseball family. He and his father, Gus, combined for 4,337 hits -- the second-best father-son duo after Barry and Bobby Bonds, who have 4,348. Bell's son, David, plays for the Philadelphia Phillies. Source: AP
- Beat the Heat - Day 8
-
Volstad Pitching for Jammers!
I would assume that he will be on the hill their next game...Thursday maybe...today would have been his 5th day off
-
Mike Tyson : Porn star?
poor fine ass jenna...y get involved with the psycho
-
New wrinkle in the Raffy story
I don't think he can face perjury charges because he failed the test after Congress thing so in his defense all he would have to say is he didn't start taking whatever he was until after that making his testimony at the time the 'turth' I could be wrong though. Thats how I understand it though 887179[/snapback] As for the perjury things depends when the test was dated was it b4 or after he testified..has that info been released as of yet???
-
NBA Offseason Thread
Former local Miami standout Raja Bell (FIU/Miami Killian) signed with the Phoenix Suns on a multi-year deal
-
Dusty meets WWE
They are just trying to beat the so-called "Wresting Insiders" to their own news
-
Mudcats Play This Afternoon
Great rally by the Mudcats also with the fact that Hermida didn't play today...Josh got roughed up a lil bit but the team picked him up...great job by the mudcats!!!
-
Dusty meets WWE
Dusty Rhodes arrived at WWE Headquarters. The former World Champion is scheduled to meet with Stephanie McMahon. WWE.com will have more on their meeting once it concludes. According to PWInsider.com, Rhodes was reported to be up for a spot on the creative team on Smackdown before he took over booking at TNA Should be intresting to see if they give him the job????
-
What College Do You Attend?
MDC...not to be confused with MDCC...we are now THE COLLEGE
-
Yankees' decline on Bernie's option year
The New York Yankees have decided not to pick up the $15 million club option for next season on Bernie Williams, their steady center fielder on four World Series title teams. The club had until Aug. 1 to exercise their option on the 36-year-old, who signed with the Yankees in 1985. "I've talked to Bernie and I think he's comfortable with it," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "Emotionally, he is fine with it. It is just that the last day of July was the day it had to be done. It was in his contract." Williams wasn't surprised by the move, and he didn't rule out the possibility of returning to the only club he has ever played for. "It's something they felt they had to do," Williams said during batting practice for Tuesday night's game with the Cleveland Indians. "I'm still playing for this team and I'm going to do all I can to help this team win." Williams didn't want to speculate about his future. The Yankees entered the series with Cleveland 2? games behind first-place Boston in the AL East and two games behind wild-card leading Oakland. "It wouldn't be fair to talk about it at this point in the season," Williams said. Torre said the club's decision came at an awkward point in the season, and he would like to keep Williams around. "He still has plenty to give, other than being a day-in, day-out player," Torre said. "It would be unusual to face him in another uniform, but it is unusual for him not to be in the lineup everyday, hitting second or third, too. Things change." A five-time All-Star, Williams holds the career postseason records for homers (22) and RBI (79) and games (115). He entered the season with a .301 career average, but he's struggled in 2005. Entering Tuesday's game, Williams was batting just .245 with seven homers and 39 RBI in 88 games. The Yankees have been searching for a long-term replacement for Williams for most of the season, and started infielder Tony Womack in center field for their opener against the Indians. "Bernie will probably be in there the next two days," Torre said. "We're going to use a lot of combinations in center field. We look at numbers and try to put players in the situation that gives them the best chance to succeed." Williams signed a seven-year, $89.5 million contract after the 1998 season. That year, he won his only AL batting title, hitting .339 with 26 homers and 97 RBI.
-
Crappy A** Job
Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to radio station 103.2 on FM dial in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, who was sponsoring a worst job experience contest. Needless to say, she won. Hi Sue: Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would, share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all. Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wet suit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wet suit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi. Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into the crack of my butt. I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other divers, were all laughing hysterically. Needless to say I aborted the dive. I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for two days because my butt was swollen shut. So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt. Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job"
-
#3-Charles Johnson vs. #2-Miguel Cabrera
Cabs....as much as I like CJ being the first ever Marlin draft pick, but Cabs is going to be a very special talent
-
#8-Mike Redmond vs. #4-Alex Gonzalez
I concur...SEABASS!!!
-
Ungs named pitcher of the week
Congrats to Mr. Ungs errr Mr. No-Hitter!!! :thumbup