Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UltimateCabrera24

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UltimateCabrera24

  1. Joe Girardi - Marlins 53% Jim Leyland - Tigers 21% Sam Perlozzo - Orioles 17% Jim Tracy, Pirates 9% Total Votes: 6,494 Still active so go ahead and give a bigger lead to the good guys.
  2. Marlins 2005 Top 10 The List: 1. Jeremy Hermida, of 2. Scott Olsen, lhp 3. Josh Johnson, rhp 4. Chris Volstad, rhp 5. Aaron Thompson, lhp 6. Robert Andino, ss 7. Taylor Tankersley, lhp 8. Josh Willingham, c/1b 9. Kris Harvey, 3b/of 10. Ryan Tucker, rhp
  3. Those odds are from Curacao. Is that the new Vegas or something?
  4. Baseball Tonight just did a year in review type show where they named the All Web Gem Team as well as handed out their unofficial hardware. Dontrelle was named best starting pitcher - not just in the NL but in all of baseball. Thought that was pretty nice to see.
  5. The best part on this Map is the Mets, seriously. I totally agree with whoever posted that earlier.
  6. Maybe the fact that he would probably receive the Cubs and Yankees managerial positions should have you questioning why you "don't want him." I hate to break the news to you, but I would say that 99% of all people in baseball would choose to manage the Yankees or Cubs ahead of the Marlins. You guys need to climb down off that high horse.
  7. ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best. Did a few hits when he came up spark this following? A future journeyman at best? :blink: Considering Jeremy is considered one of the best prospects in all of baseball and will most likely be among the league leaders in OBP for years to come. The perfect #2 hitter for any team. Here's a tip to save you from future embarrassment. You can be a great hitter without hitting 40 HRs. Jeremy is already a great hitter and will probably be the 3rd best hitter on the field for us opening day next year.
  8. I'm starting to dislike Girardi, he seems to think too highly of himself or something, choosing all his staff and s*** like if he was the greatest manager out there. As of now, I want Fredi, f*** Girardi. I feel the same way. One thing is to try to increase the bidding war between different teams, but he's taken it way too far. I know Marlins2003 has already covered this better than I can - but you guys need to give it a break. Every manager should have the right to choose their staff. It's their team - they will be running the ship. It's easier to run the ship with your own people - not someone else's.
  9. Jones did not get shafted - give it a break. Griffey deserved it much more than Jones. Much more.
  10. Today's Palm Beach Post says that Grady Little might be on the Marlins list of potential managerial candidates. I honestly don't think I have it in me to watch a team for 162 games with Little as the manager. All you have to do is read one column from Bill Simmons that was written during the Grady Little era to know what I'm talking about. I just finished reading Bill Simmon's book, and he recounts that the true story of Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS is this... Before the game, Theo Epstein and the Red Sox ownership told Grady Little that Pedro comes out after 100 pitches or the 7th inning, whatever comes first. No questions asked. After Pedro finished the 7th, he came out and everyone was hugging him, giving him high fives, telling him great job. Apparently Little totally disregarded his order and sent Pedro out for the 8th anyway. Now, everyone knew Pedro shouldn't have been out there just by watching the game, but this is new evidence that Grady disobeyed a direct order to do it. And after the Yankees inevitably scored the tying runs, Little pulled Pedro aside in the dugout, hugged him..apologized to him, and told him that he was probably going to be fired now. Let me ask you guys, is this someone we want as our manager? I honestly don't know what I'll do it if happens.
  11. You shouldn't be bummed. There is no denying what Jack has done for this organization, but younger blood is needed to guide this franchise.
  12. Hermida could have helped the team down the stretch, there's no convincing me otherwise. It might not have made the absolute difference, but I think it's better than nothing.
  13. I repeat, there will bedlam if this happens: Three team playoff, Red Sox get eliminated, Padres make playoffs with losing record. There will be such an overhaul to the playoff structure, it'll be ridiculous. Could make for a fun offseason They shouldn't change it. If that's going to be the case, they should just go away with divisions and have the top 4 teams in each league make the playoffs.
  14. He's a hound mix, I think with either boxer or pitbull. His name is Tucker. We get to take him home next week (he has to get his balls removed first...sorry, buddy). I'm going to enjoy my sleep while I can still get it.
  15. By the time Miguel will be eligible to do anything besides play the Red Sox in interleague, David Ortiz will probably be out of baseball, or hit a steeper decline than Mo Vaughn. So, that image can go away forever. I mean, honestly, do you still see David Ortiz being the player he is now in 2009? I sure don't.
  16. I think we almost have to bring Lowell back to start next year. From the sound of things, he is going to be coming with everything he has left. God forbid that we trade him and he ends up being the old Mike Lowell again.
  17. MIAMI GARDENS ? Miguel Cabrera's boyish grin is nowhere to be found. He is speaking barely above a whisper in the Marlins' clubhouse, making eye contact only occasionally. A day after he was benched for arriving late to a game, Cabrera ? usually playful and joking ? is defensive and defiant about the punishment. "I don't make the lineup," he said Tuesday while absently shuffling items in his locker, which portrays two pictures of his 27-day-old daughter. "If they want to put me to play, they'll put me to play." He was back in the lineup Tuesday and said he is not worried about the episode. But teammates and club officials are openly concerned about Cabrera's attitude and work ethic, even as he becomes one of the game's most productive players. "Sometimes fame comes too quickly," said Hall of Famer Tony Perez, a special assistant for the Marlins. Cabrera has had two incidents in the past week alone. He was not in the lineup Thursday in New York because he failed to report on time for medical treatment a day after fouling a ball off his knee. Sunday in Atlanta, he missed the team bus to the stadium and showed up within an hour of the first pitch. Some teammates were critical when Cabrera stopped shagging fly balls in July and August, and instead sat in the dugout with friends visiting from his homeland of Venezuela. He resumed the pre-game drills only after Perez had a one-on-one conversation with him. "He has the ability; everybody knows that," Perez said. "He's got a great future ahead of him, but that's up to him. "If he has no ambition and just wants to be in the big leagues and play . . . " Perez said, his voice trailing off. "You have to have a goal and follow it." Still, Cabrera, 22, remains a rising star. In his second full season, he already has been named to the All-Star team twice. This year he became the youngest player in major-league history to hit at least 30 home runs in back-to-back seasons. He was hitting .322, fifth in the league, entering Tuesday's games. But some teammates said privately that his lack of maturity and poor work ethic have cost him respect in the clubhouse. Other players offered carefully phrased criticism. "When I was first coming up, you were never late, never said anything. It's a rule," said 13-year veteran Jeff Conine. "You show up on time and work hard, nobody will say anything to you." Baseball players police their own, and Conine said it is time for a veteran to have a heart-to-heart with Cabrera. "Something probably should be said at some point by someone," Conine said. "You hope that's all it has to be said, is once." Cabrera bristled at the prospect of a lecture. "(Forget) the veterans," he said, momentarily breaking into English to deliver an expletive. "They haven't told me anything and they better not come tell me anything, either. "I don't want to hear anything else. I want to play baseball, give what I have to give on the field of play, and win. That's all I want. . . . "Everyone here is a grown man," he continued. "Everyone knows what he's doing. And I'm not going to go crazy worrying about these things." Cabrera stopped, his indignation ebbing. "Look, I just don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm sorry," he said. "Just leave that alone." Veteran outfielder Juan Encarnacion said the team's Latino players stick together and probably will drop hints to Cabrera to help prevent further problems. But Encarnacion said a confrontation isn't necessary. "Guys talk to him, but we try to tell him in different ways," Encarnacion said. "In the end, everybody has to make their own decisions. Everybody's grown up here and knows what he has to do." Manager Jack McKeon brushed off Cabrera's comments. "He's only saying that because of being benched. He'll be fine," McKeon said. "He'll get over that. He's a great kid. "I've had no complaints of him since he's been here with me." Cabrera is a year away from being eligible for a big payday through arbitration and won't be eligible for free agency until after the 2009 season. That's one reason, if nothing else, for Cabrera to continue improving, Perez said. "I think he's just going through a phase," said Perez, who believes that Cabrera has Hall of Fame potential. "I think he sees that baseball is what he wants to do, what he loves. He has all my support, but he has to be willing to listen. What you say can't go in one ear and out the other." I don't like this article, one bit. Not a single part of it. f*** the veterans? (You know that was the expletive they plugged forget in for) C'mon, Miggy!
  18. Good for the clubhouse? Isn't he even more negative than Jack?
  19. I'm sorry. That was poor sentence structure on my part. What I meant to say is that Floyd's situation was bad, but I feel this is worse and that Sheffield and Pudge's situations weren't even in the same ballpark. I used poor wording there.
  20. It's kind of sad that Hall of Famer, and original news breaker, Peter Gammons has been reduced to a non-credible source. Sadly, it's true. I think the reason is that people feed Gammons a lot of junk and he believes too much of it.
  21. Floyd left on bad terms, Sheffield left on bad terms (demanding a trade, then demanding to be paid extra money to waive his no-trade clause), Pudge left on bad terms, and Pavano's departure left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, it's doubtful we see AJ next year, he's going to the AL and the AL's money. Ok, I forgot about Floyd, but Sheffield and Pudge are nowhere near the level of AJ. They didn't badmouth management, the fans, the team, and probably everyone in the clubhouse down to the parking lot attendant. Sure, it might not have been amicable, but AJ has burnt EVERY bridge to the Florida Marlins. I mean, he hasn't even left yet and he's already taken shots at everyone and everything. I think this is even worse than Floyd and Sheffield and Pudge's situations aren't even in the same ballpark.
  22. ...you are looking forward to the team beating the snot out of in a game? I was just reading all of the articles on ESPN insider, and I got to thinking that the first time AJ pitches against the Marlins is probably going to be must see TV and a big national news/ESPN story. That further got me thinking that he will be the only Marlin (that I can think of) that left on bad terms. Isn't our interleague schedule next year AL East favored? With him most likely signing with an AL east powerhouse or an NL team - we will almost certainly face him. I for one, already can't wait.
  23. Swift, I hear what you're saying. And I disagree for one reason. All of Cabrera's main problems, I think, are problems that are generally corrected with age and maturity. Sure, Pujols never had the problems - but then again, Pujols is in Ted Williams/Joe Dimaggio land of greatness. If Cabrera is performing this well while he is still relatively immature, I'd imagine that he will get a better grasp of the strike zone and cut down on his strikeouts as he ages and matures. Again, I could be wrong - but that's what I expect. However, if that never happens - then I totally agree with your assessment.
  24. Let me clarify what I meant by not a slugger... I consider Jim Thome, Ryan Howard, Carlos Delgado as sluggers. Guys with big pop, high RBI and HR numbers, but a lower BA and OBP. Guys like A-Rod, Jr. (in his prime), Barry Bonds, and Albert Pujols as great hitters. Sure, they might have the power numbers, but they are very disciplined hitters who know how to work the count, drive to the opposite field and basically can hit for average if they want to. I put Miguel in the great hitter category.
  25. People on the team are whining about Jack's negativity and you guys want Ozzie? Are you SURE about that? He's called one of his own players a cancer and he is probably 5-10x more negative than Jack could ever be. The way it's shaking out, to me, is that this team needs a player's manager.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.