Everything posted by UltimateCabrera24
-
Realistic goals for the season
What are they? I've seen a few threads mentioning playoffs and while the intention is admirable it's also not gonna happen. What are your realistic goals for the team this season? I would say 3rd in the division (behind NYM and Philadelphia) and above 75 wins would be an absolutely marvelous season.
-
Baseball Tonight comments
Guys, your rampant homerism here is honestly making me a little sick. I love the Marlins. We all do. They didn't call them a bad team. He said that we weren't a "good team" and guess what? HE'S RIGHT. There are only 4-5 good teams in the league and we aren't one of them. Try not to let your allegiance to the team cause you to say things that probably aren't true.
-
Tank...
...is awesome. I mean, what more can I say? 0.00 ERA, 7 K and 0 BB. Amazing.
-
AJC compares Marlins vs. Braves
Olivo???
-
BP on the Marlins young hitters
Who gives a flying rats ass what some pencil pusher says...when you know in your heart what is actually true. LOL. C'mon. These guys are going off of a PROVEN model. But you know it in your heart to be true? Everybody tends to over-rate their own guys. I'd at least take heed of what these guys say. They have been wrong in the past and will be wrong again in the future but I'll take what they say 100% of the time over the flutterings in your heartstrings.
-
If you think I am crazy...
Unfortunate bump as one of the founding members of this group was murdered by her boyfriend who then went on to take his own life. Check out the website for more info. Bummer.
-
Rob Neyer on trading Dontrelle...
From his ESPN.com chat today 6/2. Chris (Oxford, England): Should the Marlins deal Willis? If so, Arizona or LA? SportsNation Rob Neyer: They not only should, they MUST. Maybe not today. But as soon as he puts a few good starts together. Because by the time they're ready to win, they won't be able to afford him. He's got a point, but it's hard to let go of Dontrelle because of the intangibles. I'm torn - I don't think I'd be incredibly upset either way...
-
Trading Dontrelle.
Well - personally... I think you're dreaming. They wouldn't trade J. Upton for Dontrelle straight up - let alone w/ Quentin and Montero. Any GM who made that trade should AND would get fired on the spot. As much as I love Dontrelle - let's not overrate our own guys here.
-
Trading Dontrelle.
As I mentioned in the other thread - if BA said he can be an All-Star Outfielder in 2 years and he's HELLO 18 years old, I'm pretty sure he's not getting traded. Most hyped player since Ken Griffey Jr. and Arod. NOT going anywhere.
-
Dontrelle
The D-Backs aren't trading Justin Upton. For no one in baseball. Probably not even Albert Pujols. Let's not get silly.
-
Dontrelle
Doesn't matter. That's pretty much all the Rockies have.
-
Gammons on the Fish
I think he was going by this season's stats. But, I agree... great article. Smart baseball people know what's really up w/ the Marlins.
-
What if......
I can certainly understand the logic behind a player being drafted this year not wanting to play for the Marlins. I mean, what player would ACTUALLY WANT to be drafted by a team poised to contend for the World Series again in 2008-09? I mean, that's even around the time they could be ready for the big leagues. PERISH THE THOUGHT.
-
What if......
I guess y'all know better but I am just afraid of a wasted year if we don't get someone drafted that can play for us. Look at Allison -- couldn't we have had Conor Jackson instead ? Why is this organization so reluctant to pick a fielding position as opposed to all those pitchers ? You can have all the pitching you want if you don't score runs they won't win. OH, the benefit of hindsight! Take a look at the stats and forgot Allison's drug problem. Allison was easily and OBVIOUSLY the better pick. His HS numbers are amazing and if he was completely healthy and drug free, he would easily be the #1 prospect in OUR stacked system. So easy to look back after he had problems, but at the time that pick HAD to be made.
-
Breakdown of previous draft steals
Certainly interesting. Thanks for doing this.
-
I would trade the D-Train...
Those aren't exactly world beater prospects. Don't act like everyone else is short-sighted and you're light years ahead. Every one of those Astros prospects you listed is a major ? including Pence. If you're gonna be such a revolutionary, at least use teams w/ good prospects like the Angels, D-Backs, or Dodgers.
-
Can the Marlins Break the Record this season?
Only 40 games? Anyone who believes that is crazy. If we're only gonna win 40... what does that put KC in line for? 31?
-
MARLIN MINOR LEAGUE STATS
Volstad is 4-0 w/ a 23/3 K/BB ratio. He should be in Jupiter soon.
-
3 Marlins among baseball's Top 50 players
You can't just post a Baseball Prospectus article with no explanation and expect alot of people here to actually get it. Just look at the responses. It's based on PECOTA. A prediction analysis algorithm. The reason that D-Train is ranked behind Brandon Webb is because based on their system - Willis compares VERY heavily to guys who had incredible starts and proceeded to flame out (Steve Avery etc.)
-
Dontrelle's season line: predict it
After the first two games - we may have a good indication on how things are going to turn out. 7-3, 200 IP, 2.40 ERA? Sounds crazy but it's possible.
-
Pick the First
Hit - Hanley Ramirez Double - Miguel Cabrera Triple - Reggie Abercrombie HR - Miguel Cabrera RBI - Jeremy Hermida Run Scored - Hanley Ramirez Stolen Base - Hanley Ramirez Caught Stealing - Jeremy Hermida Error - Dan Uggla Win - Dontrelle Willis
-
Marlins starting season minor league rosters
Anyone got them? Mostly interested in whether Chris Volstad will be at Jupiter or Greensboro - but I'd love to see the whole list. Thanks in advance.
-
Article on Beckett and Burnett
But besides Burnett's elbow -- which already has led to an MRI this spring -- here's a big reason to pick Beckett. At 25, he's four years younger, but Burnett can act more like a child. Example: After Burnett finished a four-inning spring training start last week, during which he continued to modify his windup, he snapped at a group of reporters when one asked -- politely -- whether he was ready to talk. "I just finished my running . . . . show some f-- respect," Burnett growled before disappearing. Fifteen minutes later, he emerged from behind closed doors and apologized. Typical A.J.
-
If and this is a huge if....
I don't know a single person who would watch a movie based on the 2003 Marlins.
-
Sons & Daughters
Yeah, I liked it also. "Guess what Grandma...we're going to hell!" :lol She and the 13-year-old upfront daughter who wanted a bikini wax were the best characters. Also, the elad reminds me in speech, acting, and looks like Steve Carell. The mom: A bikini wax? Let's face it, at this point it would just be a waste of money. GOLD