Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baldeagle037

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Baldeagle037

  1. It's really sad what happened in Homestead during the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew especially when the Indians abandoned the Homestead location and never used it once. It's really a beautiful ballpark. The problem with Homestead is that its so far down south. The race track does very well but thats because the race events are planned well in advance for a weekend. People coming for a race event such as NASCAR/grandprix know that is held one time (weekend) out of a year. Can you imagine holding 80 plus games in Homestead? There will be plenty of empty seats. Yeah Marlins2003 I don't think its a coincidence either. I believe that Miami Dade has been trying to move the UDB for quite some time down in the south Dade area. I remember hearing about it and seeing it on the news last year.
  2. Flyingmollusk thanks for the case. She was originally awarded 2.7 million but yes it was reduced to $480,000.00 in punitive damages. Still a lot of money. I am not disputing the burns however who is really negligent here? Isn't this about negligence? McDonalds did have a lid on that coffee cup when it was handed to her grandson then to her. She decided to remove the lid so she can put cream and sugar in it as her son was driving. What would of happened if she drank that coffee? She would have burned her mouth. People burn their mouth quite often from soup, pizza, and yes even coffee but you do not see them going around and suing. I think she was negligent in the way she handled that coffee cup and accidentally spilled coffee on her self. Who hasn't spilled coffee accidentally in work place or at home? It was an accident but she chose to sue a major corporation. If it was some small neighborhood diner I'm sure it would not have gone this far.
  3. Bad lawsuits usually get thrown out of court, but usually nobody hears about that. Ive talked to people who still think McDonalds had to pay for making people fat. When in reality, that lawsuit didnt even make it to trial. Pertaining to McDonalds and all other fast food restaraunts..I believe they passed a bill to stop that specific type of lawsuit. (where they blame fast food restaraunts for their weight problems) What I cannot get over is the lawsuit (forgot the name of the case) where a female sued McDonalds and rewarded millions in a settlement simply because she had spilled coffee onto herself. That is f***ed up.
  4. Samson stated that a deal within this community must get done within 5 months for opening day in 2010. My question to you guys and gals is do you think it can get done within this time frame?
  5. OK geemoney you are correct he is still alive. My bad.
  6. There was a great wrestling documentary movie called Beyond The Mat. During the movie they show Jake "The Snake" Roberts drugged out and having father and daughter issues. During the movie they show Jake in his worst and at the end of the movie he died shortly after the filming of Beyond The Mat and a new comer to the wrestling world was paralyzed (he was going to be knick named "Puke" because he could throw up on response). I wanna say they noted that Owen Hart died (I have seen the film). Jake Roberts is not dead. He was interviewed for the DVD, and was on RAW just this past April (or May?). I am going to have to buy the Beyond The Mat DVD. I am very certain they said Jake. However I will do some digging.
  7. There was a great wrestling documentary movie called Beyond The Mat. During the movie they show Jake "The Snake" Roberts drugged out and having father and daughter issues. During the movie they show Jake in his worst and at the end of the movie he died shortly after the filming of Beyond The Mat and a new comer to the wrestling world was paralyzed (he was going to be knick named "Puke" because he could throw up on response).
  8. The Von Erichs committed suicide so I do not know if I would put them on that list. He left out Jake The Snake Roberts which was from a drug overdose. Their was a time when Jesse the Body Ventura wanted to create a union for wrestling. My opinion, I also believe Vince McMahon has tried to make it so that the travelling is cut down on the wrestlers. You have Raw on Monday nights for a group of wrestlers and then another group of wrestlers for Friday night Smackdown. When the two wrestling groups get together is for the big events like wrestlemania/royal rumble and even that is spread a quarter months apart. It's a lot of hardwork but they do get rewarded very well for it. What they decide to do with the money is another question.
  9. Baldeagle037 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    I thought their home was in Connecticut? I say extortion is what the tanning chick is up to.
  10. Well, do a CRA then. It's not hard to comply with the law. They can do it. NOPE. The "Hialeah Heights" property doesn't qualify as an area eligible for the creation of a CRA 163.335 Findings and declarations of necessity.-- (1) It is hereby found and declared that there exist in counties and municipalities of the state slum and blighted areas which constitute a serious and growing menace, injurious to the public health, safety, morals, and welfare of the residents of the state; that the existence of such areas contributes substantially and increasingly to the spread of disease and crime, constitutes an economic and social liability imposing onerous burdens which decrease the tax base and reduce tax revenues, substantially impairs or arrests sound growth, retards the provision of housing accommodations, aggravates traffic problems, and substantially hampers the elimination of traffic hazards and the improvement of traffic facilities; and that the prevention and elimination of slums and blight is a matter of state policy and state concern in order that the state and its counties and municipalities shall not continue to be endangered by areas which are focal centers of disease, promote juvenile delinquency, and consume an excessive proportion of its revenues because of the extra services required for police, fire, accident, hospitalization, and other forms of public protection, services, and facilities. (2) It is further found and declared that certain slum or blighted areas, or portions thereof, may require acquisition, clearance, and disposition subject to use restrictions, as provided in this part, since the prevailing condition of decay may make impracticable the reclamation of the area by conservation or rehabilitation; that other areas or portions thereof may, through the means provided in this part, be susceptible of conservation or rehabilitation in such a manner that the conditions and evils enumerated may be eliminated, remedied, or prevented; and that salvageable slum and blighted areas can be conserved and rehabilitated through appropriate public action as herein authorized and the cooperation and voluntary action of the owners and tenants of property in such areas. (3) It is further found and declared that the powers conferred by this part are for public uses and purposes for which public money may be expended and the power of eminent domain and police power exercised, and the necessity in the public interest for the provisions herein enacted is hereby declared as a matter of legislative determination. (4) It is further found that coastal resort and tourist areas or portions thereof which are deteriorating and economically distressed due to building density patterns, inadequate transportation and parking facilities, faulty lot layout, or inadequate street layout, could, through the means provided in this part, be revitalized and redeveloped in a manner that will vastly improve the economic and social conditions of the community. (5) It is further found and declared that the preservation or enhancement of the tax base from which a taxing authority realizes tax revenues is essential to its existence and financial health; that the preservation and enhancement of such tax base is implicit in the purposes for which a taxing authority is established; that tax increment financing is an effective method of achieving such preservation and enhancement in areas in which such tax base is declining; that community redevelopment in such areas, when complete, will enhance such tax base and provide increased tax revenues to all affected taxing authorities, increasing their ability to accomplish their other respective purposes; and that the preservation and enhancement of the tax base in such areas through tax increment financing and the levying of taxes by such taxing authorities therefor and the appropriation of funds to a redevelopment trust fund bears a substantial relation to the purposes of such taxing authorities and is for their respective purposes and concerns. This subsection does not apply in any jurisdiction where the community redevelopment agency validated bonds as of April 30, 1984. (6) It is further found and declared that there exists in counties and municipalities of the state a severe shortage of housing affordable to residents of low or moderate income, including the elderly; that the existence of such condition affects the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of such counties and municipalities and retards their growth and economic and social development; and that the elimination or improvement of such condition is a proper matter of state policy and state concern and is for a valid and desirable public purpose. The "Hialeah Heights" site is not "blighted" and as a matter of fact, isn't even "urban" because there is no urban infrastructure out there as it is outside of the UDB. However, the "Hialeah Park" site is prime for CRA status. However, Marlins2003 is right. A CRA and eminent domain is not a cure all. I represented a client whose three properties were being condemned by the Boynton Beach CRA. A year and a half has gone by (I've since left the firm) and that land has not been condemned by the City. We went back and forth with the CRA haggling over prices, and we're talking about a tiny vacant lot, an old church building, and a Quik-E-Mart all in the slums of Boynton Beach. Can you imagine what the owner of Hialeah Park will demand for the right to use a portion of his property, a property that (1) has National Historic Designation and (2) has potential for eventually becoming a para-mutel with slots! I'm not trying to poo-poo this idea. Nobody would like to see a Major League Baseball team in Hialeah more than me. I was born and raised there for heaven's sake (born in Hialeah Hospital, lived in West Hialeah, went to Immaculate Conception, learned to swim at Milander Pool, etc.). But coming up with a stadium deal is very complex and not a case of "git r dun". Trust me on this, I'm "in" that business.... SoFlafish ...It's refreshing to hear a former Hialeah native done good. You seem very knowledgable about this. Eventhough the site was designated a historic landmark...could the stadium be built on the surrounding grounds of the track?
  11. I would disagree about the Hialeah Heights section being the best location. There is lots of many to be made their for new homes compared to a stadium. I would like to hear from FIUmarlins. I believe he has the inside scoop on these talks. He was actually the first to break the news on this and has been quite reliable. If they build a park anywhere from Homestead to Jupiter I personally would go....and Samson and Loria would gladly sign on with anyone anywhere who would foot the bill. But if you people think that there's going to be lot's of people taking the tri-rail or Metro-rail to Hialeah Race Track site or any site, you're seriously out of touch with the average fan here in South Florida. What is the average fan? I am not being smart here I just want to know? The average fan in South Florida has a car. The average baseball fan in Miami doesn't live anywhere near any of the Metro Rail stops. The Metro Rail goes through all the ghettos, downtown and a few wealthy neighborhoods. Not one stop in SW Miami-Dade's upper to middle class population. Wealthy people don't use the Metro. Do you really want to stick with that general statement about wealthy people? I got news for you. Average fans do live near metro rail. Their is a station in Dadeland and another phase in the metro rail project will be built. Tri rail is also planning to extend its services to Homestead. Yeah average fans do live near the Metro Rail. But how many of these people can afford season tickets or packages? Festa I really respect your dialogue and not to sound insulting but how well do you know the South Miami area? There are plenty of people here that can afford season tickets and packages, and the costly fuel costs, and parking required to get to the games. However, many of us are simply looking for convenience in getting to the game. I would love to go to more games. Seriously. This would be another great option in getting to the game. The suburbs is just not working for many of us. I was a panther season ticket holder when they played at the arena and was a season ticket holder for the first year they were at Sunrise just to try it out. For me it was hard making it to the games on time over their in Sunrise. I did not renew. I only go on Friday nights and weekends.
  12. I would disagree about the Hialeah Heights section being the best location. There is lots of many to be made their for new homes compared to a stadium. I would like to hear from FIUmarlins. I believe he has the inside scoop on these talks. He was actually the first to break the news on this and has been quite reliable. If they build a park anywhere from Homestead to Jupiter I personally would go....and Samson and Loria would gladly sign on with anyone anywhere who would foot the bill. But if you people think that there's going to be lot's of people taking the tri-rail or Metro-rail to Hialeah Race Track site or any site, you're seriously out of touch with the average fan here in South Florida. What is the average fan? I am not being smart here I just want to know? The average fan in South Florida has a car. The average baseball fan in Miami doesn't live anywhere near any of the Metro Rail stops. The Metro Rail goes through all the ghettos, downtown and a few wealthy neighborhoods. Not one stop in SW Miami-Dade's upper to middle class population. Wealthy people don't use the Metro. Do you really want to stick with that general statement about wealthy people? I got news for you. Average fans do live near metro rail. Their is a station in Dadeland and another phase in the metro rail project will be built. Tri rail is also planning to extend its services to Homestead.
  13. I would disagree about the Hialeah Heights section being the best location. There is lots of many to be made their for new homes compared to a stadium. I would like to hear from FIUmarlins. I believe he has the inside scoop on these talks. He was actually the first to break the news on this and has been quite reliable. If they build a park anywhere from Homestead to Jupiter I personally would go....and Samson and Loria would gladly sign on with anyone anywhere who would foot the bill. But if you people think that there's going to be lot's of people taking the tri-rail or Metro-rail to Hialeah Race Track site or any site, you're seriously out of touch with the average fan here in South Florida. What is the average fan? I am not being smart here I just want to know?
  14. Good news. Lets see what happens. I am sure they would need to work on traffic problems. Does the metro rail reach either of the two sites they looked at today? The metro rail and tri-rail only reach the Hialeah Race track location. The other location is far out in the suburbs off of I-75 which requires driving to. With gas prices increasing and traffic congestion getting worse for years to come as the population grows I really hope they give the track serious consideration. I would like to pay more at the ball park for food, souvenirs, and other items than paying more at the pump.
  15. so if they are 80 million apart, any chance the county puts up 20 million marlins 20 million and hialiah 40 million? hialeah isnt made of money that they will just throw down $40 million I'm sure Hialeah has plenty of money...otherwise they would not be wasting the Marlins time. How much money is another question? It should be interesting to see what comes out of this meeting.
  16. I was at Royal Rumble standing in section 8, row 1, seat 7. We caught HHH water bottle. It was a lot of fun. My section was cheering for edge. I am not a big fan of Cena. I agree that I think it was meant for Rey Mysterio to win the rumble. There was even a point in the match where it looked like he was accidentally going to fall out of the ring and then I couldn't see who exactly caught him from going out of the ring because some stupid bitch popped her sign blocking my view. It was still a great ending to the rumble match. The people sitting in front of us and towards the ring were allowed to keep their chairs. Really nice souvenir which has the McMahon family photo dressed in roman garb on the back rest of the chair and the seat of the chair it said Royal Rumble in neat graphics.
  17. I also heard that they were going to do a Splinter Cell movie by Paramount pictures.
  18. Pertaining to spying on people without warrants...what happened when Robert F. Kennedy was wire tapping Martin Luther Kings telephone conversations? Back to the main topic...whenever you have a city that is built below the sea level I don't care how much communication and all other safety procedures are in place it's a f***ing natural disaster!
  19. Sure lets just blame the current administration for all the problems in the world including forces of nature. Lets continue on with the rhetoric and losing more elections. Lets probe into everything this president does.
  20. great!!
  21. who did not act like a whore in the bedroom
  22. I think it will be Martha Kent
  23. I've had the power mac G5 since July 2005 and it took some getting use to when I went from windows to Mac. Make sure you get a different mouse with more buttons and please toss that apple mouse. I am quite happy with the Mac and have created some small games with its great tools. I have had no experience in coding and have been reading the Mac xcode 2 book which has been very helpful especially understanding code. I also have been reading open GL. You can do so much with these computers and I have only skimmed the surface of this powerful system. I have 2.5ghz dual processor that works really fast and at the time when I was purchasing this computer they were also selling a 2.7ghz dual processor. Good luck.
  24. Is Jonathan Hansleigh going to write this one?
  25. The Hialeah Heights will be a real traffic nightmare also...I just think of the palmetto and it turns me off. The whole stadium in suburb locations just doesn't do it for me. It's not working for JRS nor is it really working in Sunrise. With gas prices increasing not everyone wants to drive 40-80 games. Once again thats just my opinion. I hope that we could still keep the Marlins in South Florida and if it means the Hialeah Heights location then so be it but I would much prefer it in a more populated area that offers other options of getting to the game much like the Horse track location. Middle of slums? I would seriously disagree with you on that and I could show you some real slums. JRS unfortunately does not look like its going to happen (for the time being unless there is breaking news). Putting a roof on JRS will only be a bandage and not a real solution to the big problem. I've been to the Horse races in Hialeah and the traffic flow was never a problem. The Hialeah police usually directed the traffic flow much like they do in all major sporting events in South Florida however we do not have a confusing scenario that takes place on Dan Marino Blvd.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.