Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mets_bs

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mets_bs

  1. Fuck all of Milwaukee. Dumb ass fans clapping when Stanton's carted off. I know their hearts were in the right place, but he couldn't even sit up. What the fuck are are you clapping for. You clap for a good moment- all of that was bad. Really bad. Fiers is a fucking puss face bitch. Billy Martin would have ordered a wild pitch into the dugout. Isn't that good etiquette? "Oh look, he's not dead, we should clap." You'll have to pardon, I'm from Pennsylvania where sports fans boo penalties when players karate kick opponents in the face or cheer lifeless players incapacitated with serious neck injuries.
  2. Worried about a strike call? Shut the fuck up man, don't question my judgement or my values. Of course I'm worried about Stanton. Seriously, go fuck yourself. That was directed to pollyvonwhatshisnurs, not you. I honestly didn't zapruder the footage, but I will take your word for it and I didnt intend to come here abd say anything other than I really feel for Giancarlob Stanton. FFS.
  3. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. @Admin, I've been suspended from here for far less than whatthis miserable skidmark is saying.
  4. The strike out is such a miniscule piece of the equation. One of the best players in baseball was carted off the field after taking a pitch to the face and you're worried about the strike call?
  5. Unfortunate and I'm not sure why Fiers was acting like a dick after hitting Reed Johnson. But by the letter of the law, those are both strikes. More than anything, I really hope Stanton is ok. Baseball is far less exciting without him playing.
  6. Ahhhh Jordanny "I'm the man" Valdespin. The man so hated that John Buck once gave him a black eye with a whip cream pie "by accident". He's not a bad player, but ask him and he's Honus Wagner.
  7. Not as cut and dry as they didn't come to a deal, they did come to deal earlier in the process ... and then they discovered he had an abnormally small UCL and then cut their offer significantly. Essentially, he got RA Dickey'd
  8. Talk about doding a bullet - imagine if the Marlins had locked him in for 4/48?
  9. Wheeler was supposed to be the ace and Harvey his sidekick, until Harvey blew up and went apeshit on the league. Just saying, he's not a pushover.
  10. Going through this last year with Matt Harvey, I know what a punch in the **** and balls this can be. Jose Fernandez is a fun player to watch just as a fan of baseball.
  11. From one crappy offense to another, at least there will be a nice breeze at games this year. That was a painful series to watch.
  12. Good luck this season guys.
  13. RIP. He and Bob Murphy are an enduring memory of childhood.
  14. I like the Colon signing better than the Granderson signing. How many Sub 3 era starters are out there for 10 mil per?
  15. In this market, 15 Mil per for a guy who can give you great defense, 25-30 HRs at Citi, and is a great clubhouse guy is a pretty good deal. In the grand scheme of things, it's an overpay but not by a whole lot. I saw a good write-up on the current market and an outfielder makes between 5 and 17 Mil per WAR point with the League average for all positions being about 5.5Mil. Taking into account age and decline, I think it's safe to say he can be a 2.5-3 WAR player from here on out, that's on the low end of average in that price per WAR range. I would say it's a pretty average deal.
  16. 4/60 for Grandy Glad to see the Mets are still make stupid deals. Had to do something.
  17. Is BJ Upton the worst thing name BJ? Oral sex is awesome. BJ Penn was one of the best pound for pound fighters of his generation. BJ's wholesale club saves you tons of money. BJ Upton is terrible
  18. Mets_bs replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    Goldschmit and Alvarez deserved spots over Bryce Harper and Michael Cuddyer. Stanton isn't an all star, I think there's justification there, but I thought Wright's picks were ass.
  19. Still sucks. On the verge of being demoted.
  20. The PCL is murder on pitchers, as long as the command is there give him a shot.
  21. Ahhh, Morneau homers
  22. Just saying. Through 6.
  23. We all tend to overvalue our own prospects, right? I can tell you sentiment among Mets fans is that is far too much to give up for a OFer the Marlins have no leverage to keep, is under control for only 3 more years, and stands to break arbitration records after this season. I'll say that I think Stanton is a special player and the players the Mets have out there are special prospects - but I'm not sure that trade fits the team's building plan. I don't see a Mets trade happening for Stanton, but he's going somewhere eventually.
  24. But is he really worth carrying the albatross that is BJ Upton? He was bad last year and getting worse. 29 AB 3 H 1 HR He's the next Vernon Wells/Carl Crawford.
  25. Are people really that bothered about how Toronto performs this season? I would love it if they tanked. Same 2012 Marlins, with even more talent (Bautista, Dickey, Encarnacion, Lawrie, Arencibia) and they tank....that's my hope. I think Loria would look like a fat genius, not matter how bad the 2013 Marlins do. Besides, I'd prefer the Rays or Yanks win the AL East. I'm not so sure that I want them to tank - 1) I would much rather see them win than the Yankees or Red Sox 2) They players weren't the offenders - Jose Reyes and Mark Buerhle are stand up guys. And JJ gave the Marlins years of his career. It's not like we're talking about Heath Bell here. 3) Do you really want Jeffrey Loria to look like a genius? As a fan of a team with less than desirable ownership, I know I want the Wilpons to look like general f-ups as much as possible to hasten their departure.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.