Everything posted by Gator
-
Panthers to trade Luongo? GRRRRRRRRRRR
Legace is being let go. Canucks because of the Keenan Players. Trust me, he is not going to Columbus or LA. LA may have an outside chance but they'd have to give up an arm and a leg for Luongo and thats something they cannot afford. If they do let Legace go, that is a huge mistake. Season Team GP MIN W L T GA SO Avg SV% 2005-06 DET 51 2,905 37 8 0 106 7 2.19 .915
-
Fish @ Orioles, 7:05 pm, 20 Jun 06
Go gettum, Train! Who is catching today? Corey Patterson knows how to steal bases. He's got 28 of them.
-
Panthers to trade Luongo? GRRRRRRRRRRR
Don't tdeal him to the Rangers!! If Luongo gets traded, the most likely teams are the Red WingsI doubt he goes to the Red Wings. Manny Legace did an awesome job for them this year. I expect him to hang around the starter's spot for a while. If the Wings go after a goalie in the offseason, it'll be a second stringer. and Canucks. The Canucks have a bit of a goalie issue. Auld played awesome hockey in Cloutier's absence. Cloutier was healthy enough to play months ago but the Canucks didn't start him in a single game after his injury. My expectation is that Auld gets dealt to another team for a second string goalie (and maybe a draft pick) and Cloutier once again becomes the starter in Vancouver. If Luongo goes anywhere, he'll be going to Los Angeles or Columbus. Both teams are really in hot water in the goalie department. The Kings' Matheui Garon played decent in the beginning of the year but really had a melt down in the later parts of the year, often being pulled and replaced by LaBabera who didn't perform well at all in the few starts he got. The Kings also have great offensive power players such as Alexander Frolov and Pavol Demitra that could really help the Panthers' cause in the event of a trade with L.A. Columbus' problems are a little different. Over the past three years, Marc Denis been the starter in Columbus and each of those three years he's had a losing record. He was 27-41 in 2002, 21-36 in 2003 and, despite being injured, 21-25 this season. Furthermore, he was pulled for the Jackets' season opener "simply because LeClaire performed better in camp". If the Jackets can afford Luongo's contract, they have a lot of weapons the Panthers could use.
-
The Tigers Made Good Moves
Def. Dave is the man! We have had some great GM's.... :thumbup And Leyland is god!
-
Baseball "Playas"
Two things. 1. The girls Jenks is with are hot. 2. Isn't Rondelle White a little old for those girls?
-
Perspective
I'll take a Marlins championship over a Heat championship, thank you.
-
Got this in the mail today
It's numbered 6/50, very rare rookie card. Incredibly fast shipment by the guy I got it from too. How much?
-
2006 Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes
What a game, what a series, what a year. Welcome back, Stanley.
-
2006 Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes
GOALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Oilers have all the momentum now, they can pull another one out of their ass. Carolina's defense is tough tonight. I doubt they allow another garbage goal.
-
2006 Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes
What an amazing slapshot. 2-0 Carolina. No looking back for them now.
-
I need Help
Its a man law. You do not hook up with a best friend's ex. That's just silly. The "you poke it, you own it" law could apply here, if you know what I mean.
-
Folks... The Braves are Done!
He sure shows detest toward the Florida freaking Marlins.
-
Royals considering making Todd Wellemeyer a starter
HOUSTON -- Reliever Todd Wellemeyer doesn't have a defined role yet, but his successful outing Saturday night gave manager Buddy Bell an idea. "There's some discussion about him being able to start," Bell said. Wellemeyer hasn't started a game this season, In fact, he's made all 77 of his big-league appearances out of the bullpen. But Wellemeyer, who made his second appearance for the Royals on Saturday, gave his club three solid innings in relief against the Astros. He allowed just one run on two hits with three strikeouts. Still. "He got tired really quick," Bell said. Well, that would keep Wellemeyer from pitching too deep into ballgames if he does, indeed, start for the Royals down the road. For now, Bell will take innings from Wellemeyer wherever he can get them. Wellemeyer can help spell the rest of the Royals' bullpen, which has pitched a league-high 239 1/3 innings. The 'pen also has the highest ERA (5.39) in the Majors. "I like his arm," Bell said of Wellemeyer. "Obviously, we haven't seen him as much. I like the way he throws strikes, [but] because of his layoff that he's had, he's got to work back to where he was at." Take a seat: Right-hander Bobby Keppel saw just three pitches in his first big-league at-bat on Saturday night against Astros right-hander Taylor Buchholz. All three pitches whizzed by for strikes. "He threw me a couple of sliders and a first-pitch fastball," Keppel said of Buchholz. "I was trying to make him throw me a couple of pitches for strikes." Buchholz sure did, and Keppel returned to the dugout quickly. He didn't get a second at-bat, either, because he lasted just three innings in his start against the Astros. Wellemeyer also got an at-bat in the fourth inning on Saturday night, yet he grounded out to second. It was his first at-bat this season and seventh of his career. http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...xt=.jsp&c_id=kc
-
Argh... I hate people.
This afternoon I went to the mall just to do some window shopping. Well, I came across the Champs store and saw some Marlins shirts. I went in and went through some of the shirts. Then this one guy comes up to me and said "The Marlins are really bad this year". He mentioned he was a Braves fan :whistle then I said "Well, the Marlins have a better than the Braves". I got him there. So I went to pay for my two shirts and the first thing the guy at the register said was "Did you know the Marlins are going to leave?" WTF? No I do not know. I just hate people. They only read what is in the paper... they know nothing. He kept saying how nobody wants this team in South Florida. He also said "Did you know that the attendance is bad this year?" Do I look that dumb? I just wanted to punch his ugly face. Yea, we dont have many fans but still argh. I gave him the silent treatment though . Seriously you would think some people have alittle bit of respect. He could have said "Oh I hope the Marlins stay in Florida" or "____ is doing good this year". I cant wait until my boys get a stadium. Sounds like it was the same guy who I came across at the game last Wednesday (the 10 inning game in which Remlinger was the goat). I was walking through the parking lot on the way back to the car and I overhear a guy talking to his friends about how much the Marlins suck this year. I found it kind of ironic for a man who was a fan of the team who just lost to those same Marlins that he was insulting not even 10 minutes ago, not to mention the same Marlins that beat his team the night before and proceeded to sweep the series the night after. Braves fans are really gullable.
-
Tiger Talks
It's how he appears to me. I haven't met him so I guess your opinion could be valid--but that's just the way I feel. I feel the same way. He comes off as a real conservative smart ass.
-
Alfonseca released by the Rangers
What was he making with the Rangers?
-
Pics of the Cardinals' New Stadium
Great looking facility. The Cardinals have a good playoff caliber team this season.
-
2006 Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes
im sure it was a typo but just in case game 6 was lastnight You beat me to it. :thumbup Carolina takes the Cup tonight, at home.
-
Dolphins Mini Camp
Speaking of the dolphins, i saw Caulpepper in his rolls royce on sunrise and pineisland. Near the Blockbuster/Landlubbers? I was just there last week.
-
FOX may leave MLB at the table
thank god Agreed. I've really grown to hate Joe Buck.