Everything posted by NC_Marlin
-
NO DEAL
The Pudge bashing is really out of hand. This is a business. No one here would take it too well if their employer asked them to take a pay cut after producing the way Pudge did. In retrospect, signing Lowell before Pudge may have backfired because all indictions are that the fact that he got a raise and was offered more money than Pudge didn't help the situation at all. At any rate it certainly strengthened the position that Boras and Pudge are going to spin. Its hard to see how the media could not side with the Marlins in this one, but stranger things have happened, especially when dealing with the media.
-
NO DEAL
The next few days are critical for the Marlins future. This can either turn into a huge negative or a big positive towards the stadium deal. Right now its important that the front office get out and spin this as greed and an example of exactly why we have to have a stadium. Sadly, alot of this depends on how the media decides to cover it which is almost entirely out of the Marlins control.
-
Pudge Teleconference Scheduled for Midnight
Don't lose sight of the big picture here, getting a stadium is the whole ballgame. Keeping Pudge, at whatever the cost, is a big part of that.
-
Castillo in pickle with agents
The players union would riot in the streets, but it would be classic Louie.
-
My Projected Payroll for 2004
Pierre doesn't play as good a CF as Luis does 2B. Luis hits for higher average, and from both sides of the plate. His OBP is also about 30 points higher, respectively. Not to mention his two consecutive All-Star appearences. But Luis will not get more than $6 Mill a year anywhere. I never said Pierre was worth as much or more than Castillo, but he's not far behind, that was my point. I think Castillo's ceiling is $6. The economy is worse now than it was last year, prices will stay down. Pudge won't get over 12-13 IMO.
-
My Projected Payroll for 2004
getting up there? He's one of the best bargains in baseball at that price. If Castillo is worth $7.5 according to some, one wonders what Pierre would be worth as a free agent.
-
My Projected Payroll for 2004
im pretty sure that first of all....pierre doesnt make that much second castillo will get more than that not sure about your bullpen figures either The figures are from Ramp, he's always pretty accurate and they're right around the estimates floating around so I think they're great to work with. I don't see where all this outrageous free agent salary predictions are coming from. The economic scene is worse this year than it was last year.
-
My Projected Payroll for 2004
Interesting ideas. I like the idea of trading for Nick Johnson, but I don't think we could get Soriano too and I don't think we really want/need him. I like Castillo or someone else in his mold in 2B and in the 2 hole. I don't think theres anyway we get Vlad, much less Vlad and Pudge. But if it happens great. Heres my roster thoughts: CF - Juan Pierre - $2.3 2B - Luis Castillo - $6.0 C - Pudge - $13.0 3B - Miguel Cabrebra - $0.3 LF - Jeff Conine - $3.0 1B - Nick Johnson - $3.0 RF - Someone Young and Cheap - $3.0 SS - Alex Gonzalez - $3.0 BENCH - $5.0 million SP - Beckett - $2.1 SP - Penny - $2.8 SP - Pavano - $2.5 SP - Willis - $0.4 SP - Burnett - $2.5 CL - Urbina - $4.5 SET - Fox - $1.0 SET - Looper - $2.5 REST - 3 more, $3.0 FLEXABILITY = $3.6 - can be used on the bullpen, bench, etc. Probably would best be used in getting a cheap 4-5 starter to bridge to AJ and a lefty in the bullpen. TOTAL = $65.0 TRADE BAIT = Lowell, Lee, and Redman. -Lowell for Johnson and prospects (if you could throw in Lee and get Soriano for RF go for it) -Lee for someone young and cheap in RF or 3B (Cabs provides flexability) -Redman for spare parts on the bench or bullpen
-
My Projected Payroll for 2004
quixotical_1@yahoo.com I'm a baseball economics junky.
-
Trade Ideas?
If we ended up with Nick Johnson at first base I wouldn't complain.
-
Newspapers?
Thanks. Any idea what all the different neighborhoods in ( ) after the paper titles mean? Does it matter which one i pick or is that just the location the actual back issues are at or something? Maybe I should just hang on and call tomorrow.
-
Newspapers?
Thanks. Any idea what all the different neighborhoods in ( ) after the paper titles mean? Does it matter which one i pick or is that just the location the actual back issues are at or something? Maybe I should just hang on and call tomorrow.
-
Newspapers?
thanks for the help. I should have thought of that.
-
Newspapers?
thanks for the help. I should have thought of that.
-
Newspapers?
to the top. I'm begging.
-
Newspapers?
to the top. I'm begging.
-
Newspapers?
Anybody? I didn't get any followup last time, hopefully someone can come through this time. i really want to have copies to hang on the wall. Email me at: quixotical_1@yahoo.com Regards Adam Swift
-
Newspapers?
Anybody? I didn't get any followup last time, hopefully someone can come through this time. i really want to have copies to hang on the wall. Email me at: quixotical_1@yahoo.com Regards Adam Swift
-
Who pitches Game 6?
if beckett doesn't start, he doesn't pitch in game 6. Its that simple. Throw redman out there. We can go by committee if he can't get it done.
-
Jack's new RIDE
maybe he can sell it towards next years payroll ;-)
-
Marlins vs Yankees---8:00pm---at the PRO
Can we get a shakeup in the lineup? I say slide Conine to 5th followed by Lee and Enc in place of Lowell.
-
Who Screwed the Pooch Tonite?
Its easy to second guess, none of those moves lost the game. The only thing that sticks in my crawl is Gonzalez not getting the bunt down. If your going to hit 090 you should be able to bunt. Castillo striking out 3 times was also really disturbing. As usual games come down to execution, we simply didn't do that tonight. We had plenty of opportunities.
-
Oh Jeez
I've always been confused about why Boras is vilified. He does his job and does it well. Players deserved to be fairly compensated. The market determines what is fair. Blame those that stand in the way of a salary cap, i.e. the players themselves.
-
The Empire Strikes Back
If Pudge doesn't look at the pitch on a hit and run this game is completely different..... It wasn't a hit run, they started louie on the 3-2, figuring pudge is going to put in play or walk. Pudge got fooled on a breaking ball, it happens. The real problem was castillo thought pettite was throwing over, broke back to the bag, then took off, you can't spot a guy 2-3 steps. Probably should have just stayed put once he got fooled. Its one thing to start flat foot with no lead, thats tough enough, but to literally go back to the base then start, you're dead in the water.
-
Is this a sign?
I hope we keep Castillo above all else too. With him and JP on base, anybody that puts the ball in play behind them will do well. Having pudge and lee back would be awesome, but we could live with a 3-4-5-6 of Lowell, Cabrera, Conine, Enc.