Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fishfan97

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fishfan97

  1. I could see him being one of the few guys that are on the ballot for the last spot on the team.
  2. If you really look at the stats, Jorge deserves to be there. In years past there has been as many as 4 3B on the all-star team. His stats are comparable to just about any 3B in the league. Right now the vote leader is Chipper Jones, and obviosly he deserves it. Though after Chipper it is very close stats wise. After Chipper here are the 5 best guys stats wise: Jorge Cantu David Wright Aramis Ramirez Garrett Atkins Mark Renyolds Cantu has a better average than Wright and more homers than all of the 4 players above. Aramis Ramirez his toughest competitor has only 9 homers. Cantu (39 RBI) is very close to all of his competitors: Ramirez (43), Renyolds (40), Wright (47), Atkins (35). Cantu is neck and neck with Ramirez in average: Cantu (.296), Ramirez (.299). Chipper will definently be there, and Ramirez and Wright are the toughest guys vs. Cantu. All 3 are very close in all stats. I really think Cantu deserves consideration, and maybe can be the guy that we vote for after the rosters are anounced as the last man.
  3. Somewhere John Kruk is crying into a burrito. John Kruk=Rob Dibble :lol
  4. fishfan97 replied to Puma's topic in Miami Marlins
    Bring up Coghlan, see what he can do. This is like the 10th time Andino has been called up.
  5. He's got to learn to finish games, then he will be worthy of Beckett status. For me to see this is not a fluke is for him to be hust as good in his next start which I believe is against Seattle.
  6. At this point, trading or benching Jake would not solve anything for a few reasons. Jake is a good hitter, at the beginning of the year it looked like he would hit 50 homers, he just going through a rough patch. He hasn't been struggling that bad though, 2 homers last 2 games before tonight, and a multi-homer game in Philly. We can't trade him now because we would not get enough value for him, we at least need to trade him when he is swinging a hot bat and teams will give up more. We also can't bench him, because he is a terrible pinch-hitter, and if it is only his defense thats a problem, that can be worked out. If we do trade him, we should put Uggla at 1st and bring up Coghlan to play 2nd.
  7. What a game, biggest win of the year. I think we have to put Lindstrom in the closer role, it seems as if all of Gregg's saves are not easy, not to mention all of his blown saves. There is a reason he has 5 wins, because he blows the game, then the Marlins pick him up with a walk-off win.
  8. As far as I know we had 3 walk-off homers from 03-07 (Mike Lowell vs. Looper, Hammer vs. Wagner, Hammer vs. Lowe), this year we have 4, just amazing, this team is very fun to watch. The Phillies have to be worried.
  9. fishfan97 replied to Erick's topic in Miami Marlins
    Andrew Miller Chris Volstad Ryan Tucker Josh Johnson Jeff Allison
  10. This is about the time the Fish called up Miguel Cabrera in 03', I think its Volstad time, maybe even Maybin too. They could be the Cabrera/Willis of 08'. After they were called up in 03' it just clicked, we need that right now.
  11. The future of baseball just met, Bruce and Miller.
  12. A very good pick, catching is probably are weakest position in the system. Are best guys below the major league level are Torre Langley, Brad Davis, and John Baker, and they are average to below average catchers. I believe there were 3 catchers taken within the 1st fifteen picks, it will be interesting to see how there careers play out.
  13. The world series one's are obviously the best. Outside of the series you got to include Dontrelle Willis's one-hitter in 03 vs. Mets, Lo Duca's homer is his debut vs. Expos, Anibal's no-no, Mike Lowell's 3 dingers in Philly, the last night of Olympic Stadium (When there was almost a brawl), Mike Lowell's walk off vs. Mets.
  14. Jacob Marcauex (has potential, has never really lived up to it though, was an invitee to ST 2 yrs. ago), and Jai Miller (We really don't need him, with Maybin, and Carroll, and even Dante Brinkley coming up) for Livan.
  15. I say we put him in there. He is really developing that second pitch, and I think he'd be a good guy in that role. Gregg would also be a great setup man/2-3 inning guy. He's gonna be a closer eventually, let's hope its not another Ryan Madson ordeal. If we were out of the race, he'd probably be in there sooner, if not right now.
  16. Josh Beckett vs. Cubs Game 5. That game is forgotten because of the stupid Bartman conterversary. We needed him that night to save the series, and he dominated.
  17. De La Cruz started the season off strugling but he has done very well as of late, and that says something pitching in the PCL.
  18. we might have to call someone up to pitch the 2nd game, this could be a bullpen game.
  19. I really hope this is not where we start to see the old Hendrickson with the Dodgers come out. well, I don't remember the last time he went past 5 innings. This is more of what I expected from Hendrickson, to be honest. Me too, I just hoped he would last at least until the A.S. Break.
  20. I really hope this is not where we start to see the old Hendrickson with the Dodgers come out. well, I don't remember the last time he went past 5 innings. This is more of what I expected from Hendrickson, to be honest. Me too, I just hoped he would last at least until the A.S. Break.
  21. I really hope this is not where we start to see the old Hendrickson with the Dodgers come out.
  22. I feel something big from Dan.
  23. I'd rather have Gonzo hitting 4 than Wes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.