Post Game 6/6

Starting pitching needs a boost. It's only June and we have too many games where a pitcher can't start the game and go deep to save the pen. Is there anyone on this team that can throw a complete game right now? How long before the next wave of young arms gets a call-up to see what they can do, because I doubt the FO is gonna go out and get pitching help anytime soon. Right now, it's just damned frustrating, before the long road trup, they looked like Contenders, but now of late they look like rebuilders.

Someone needs to shake these starters up. They need to know that they have to EARN a spot in the rotation.

Even though they know they don't because we have no one in the minors.

That's basically something people aren't understanding.

Bringing inexperienced pitchers from the minors will most likely just continue the cycle, right about now.

We just need to turn it around tomorrow with Olsen on the mound.

And I also agree with the person who said swapping Lindstrom and Nelsons' role would probably be best, for now.

Someone needs to shake these starters up. They need to know that they have to EARN a spot in the rotation.

Bringing inexperienced pitchers from the minors will most likely just continue the cycle, right about now.

And I also agree with the person who said swapping Lindstrom and Nelsons' role would probably be best, for now.

But he's the closer of the future! :mischief

Their really are no solutions to the starting pitching other than hoping they tread water till Sanchez and mitre come back . Lets be honest it is not like anyone on our staff is even close to being a bona fide ace. I dont want to pile on Miller because he has show some promise . Miller is having exactly the type of year i thought he would have, my main area of disappointment is his fast ball is on average 5 mph less than it was advertised to be .

I never really said that...go to my 2011 thread...the closer of the future, imo, is listed there, on the team I posted.

What I said was...trade Gregg in July, and make Lindstrom closer.

I still like Lindstrom's potential. I could be wrong (I'm human like everyone else)...he could be the next Kyle Farnsworth, as well.

I never really said that...go to my 2011 thread...the closer of the future, imo, is listed there, on the team I posted.

What I said was...trade Gregg in July, and make Lindstrom closer.

I still like Lindstrom's potential. I could be wrong (I'm human like everyone else)...he could be the next Kyle Farnsworth, as well.

I wasn't referring to you. Just the 50 or so others who were infatuated with the idea of Lindstrom as closer last week. You can't get anywhere in this league with a stick straight fastball and no secondary pitch no matter how hard you throw. If we fall out of contention, I'd like to see Lindstrom in the minors developing his changeup and back up sometime at the end of the year or next season with de la Cruz coming up to fill the vacant spot.

Not always.They could make a Kyle Kendrick or Dontrelle Willis type splash.Many prospects called up midseason have had a tremendous rookie season.

They need a manager, not one who says "pitchers will have a bad game and hitters will have a slump", well we know that, and i will say it again, it seems like the team main concern when they go to bat is to hit a home run or nothing, what trouble me, you are down 8-2 Cantu hit a solo home run, you return to the dugout and everyone is doing a crazy dance and handshake, the play by play guy is going crazy. you wonder why they are in suck a slump.

I think I saw two times the bases were left loaded. It probably wouldn't matter much, but it would've been nice to make it closer than 11-3. I'm not trying to defend the pitchers or anything, but it should have been closer. I don't think anyone can say that the offense is cooling off or anything. They just don't seem to be hitting with RISP.

When you get the performance out of Nolasco or Miller, you have to leave them in for the 6th and/or 7th rather than just reflexively pull them like throughout the past 2 road trips.

With Nolaco, yes. With Miller, unfortunately, no. We are grooming him to be our future no. 1 or 2 starter. You have to be more careful with him. I'd rather wear out Waechter's, Nelson's or J. Miller's arm than A. Miller.

Even with Nolasco, however, it may be that they still value his future enough that they would rather abuse some of the bullpen arms, who are more replaceable and may not fit into the long-term plans of the team anyway, than running up Ricky's pitch count to dangerous levels when he is struggling.