Everything posted by fishfan97
-
7/9 Post Game Thread
Scotty was on, let's put a few more of these starts together with JJ and Volstad. Freddi should of put him out for the ninth. The pen almost blew another one.
-
Interest in Torrealba Gains Speed
I am OK with getting Yorvit, but I think we could do better. He overachieved last year, which happened to be a contract year. I would still rather get Lo Duca. I think we need someone who fits our lineup. Not just another guy who is gonna swing for the fences. Lo Duca is someone we need.
-
Marlins @ Padres 7/9 3:35 PM
Yeah its Shake and Bake time.
-
Which Trade Was Better?
I like Milledge, he's got so many tools. He just needs to be put in a good situation.
-
Anibal Sanchez
Anyone know when Anibal's next start will be and at what level? I see that he's had one start with GCL Rookie team. Not much more info than that. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks He starts for Class A Jupiter tonight.
-
John Baker gets the call
I like the move, let's see what the kid can do.
-
Treanor
I have a feeling were gonna see a Hendrickson for D. Ross deal in the nest 24 hours.
-
Treanor
I hope they call up Baker, but they probably will call up Rabelo. Also they could pull the trigger on a trade. They most likely option is the Reds David Ross. Ross though is not even an upgrade, maybe even a step down from Treanor.
-
7/07 post game: I'm officially on Ricky's bandwagon
Another thing, the stupid call by "Fat" Joe West didn't get to Nolsaco, and he went out and did his thing.
-
7/07 post game: I'm officially on Ricky's bandwagon
what took you so long? Even a sh*tty guy can have a few great games because he's "on" The fact he's been able to locate his curveball like this for 6 strait games shows it's not just about him being "on", but the fact that he's figuring it out. No he is on, and it hasn't been for just 6 games.?
-
7/07 post game: I'm officially on Ricky's bandwagon
He should of went out in the ninth. I don't care if Gregg got a 1-2-3 inning, he was rolling. His 8th inning was probably his best inning all night. Nontheless a great performance. This is how we have to win ballgames, these last two days. Getting guys without the benifit of a home run. Yea we had a homer tonight from Jorge, but earlier in the season we would of need 2 or 3 homers to win.
-
Mark Hendrickson steaming
I don't know why he is mad, he's got only himself to blame. It's not early in the season anymore, we need effective starters going out there each day. Hendrickson is just not getting the job done, and his record shows that. Yes he was great in the first month and a half, but that was then, and we need pitchers for the stretch run. I don't know why he would ask for a trade, because any team that would take him would definetly not put him in their roation. He would be in the same place he is now.
-
Marlins @ Padres 7/7 10:05 PM
That completely changes the game. Damn.
-
Marlins @ Padres 7/7 10:05 PM
Joe West is a punk.
-
Official: Tucker and Hendrickson to pen
Out of the 2, I think Tucker could be very effective in middle relief. Eventually, I think he could be our closer if Lindstrom dosen't figure it out. But I also think Hendrickson could be solid in the pen. It seems like in his starts he does good in the first 2 to 3 innings and then he sucks. So he'd be good in a mop up role. With these two guys in the pen, I think our bullpen becomes very solid.
-
Fish of the Week (6/30 - 7/6)
No question it is Ross, he should be player of the week in the NL.
-
Dan Uggla is in the HR Derby
If Dan is 100% he's gotta be the favorite with his swing, he's perfect for the derby. Cabby did good last year, let's see if Dan can win it this year.
-
A trade for a CF/C on the same team?
I wouldn't be suprised if they traded Taveras. I would love to get him. It's like getting another Jaun Pierre. I am not very high on Torreabla though, he has struggled through injuries, and his bat hasn't showed up this year. Maybe last year was a fluke because it was a contract year. Um would rather hav cody roos cuz hes the boss Right now I would leave Cody in there, but just to have Tavares on the bench would be big.
-
Josh Johnson to start Thursday; Volstad Friday
With Tucker going to the pen, I could see him as a closer option. Get him some work in middle relief and then work him into that role.
-
A trade for a CF/C on the same team?
I wouldn't be suprised if they traded Taveras. I would love to get him. It's like getting another Jaun Pierre. I am not very high on Torreabla though, he has struggled through injuries, and his bat hasn't showed up this year. Maybe last year was a fluke because it was a contract year.
-
Chris Volstad called up
It's about time.
-
Marlins @ Rockies 7/5 8:05 PM
It goes through Buckner.
-
Marlins @ Rockies 7/5 8:05 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
-
Marlins @ Rockies 7/5 8:05 PM
Tuck looks pretty good so far.
-
Marlins @ Rockies 7/5 8:05 PM
That would've been out last night.