Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mungo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mungo

  1. You do realize the Rays rotation contains player aged 26, 25, 24, 24, and 24? And yet they're one of the best rotations in baseball. Smart drafting & trading, and a bit of luck. But still, an organization that did their homework. Beinfest is not looking so smart these days.
  2. Mike Rabelo has shown signs of being productive In which alternate universe ? :blink: The one where Eric Cartman had a goatee ahhhh I remember that funny ass episode. :thumbup
  3. plus, imagine what all the new yorkers would do. I would hope a great amount would off themselves. I think more Cubs fans would off themselves. This is looking more & more like their year. It would be kinda neat to go back to Chicago down 3 games to 2, and stick to them once again. But if that happens, you think the media hates the Marlins now, just wait and see what would happen to us in TV & print if we screwed the media out of its great "Cubs in the World Series" story a 2nd time. You do know this is one reason the media hates us, because of 2003.
  4. I think he faced that test before, being contenders and picking someone up. And he passed. You're talking 2003 and a different economic situation I believe.
  5. When has Mike Rabelo shown signs of being productive? He hit a homer against the Astros in April. Oh, ok, well in that case, nevermind. :thumbup :lol You & Rabbe :lol
  6. that explains a whole lot of sh*t ha, ha, ha. Rabelo had a bad game, but its in the past now lets see what he can do moving forward. If he doesn't improve he wont be here long. Personally I dont think he will be here long regardless. This FO can be quite stubborn when it wants to be, and Rabelo was part of their trade in the off-season. So far only Miller seems to be working out. They may have a huge problem on their hands in a couple of years. Not much on the farm, and nothing to trade with on the 40 man roster. We could be the next Pittsburgh real soon. Lets hope Skippy is the man, if not we are in some doo-doo.
  7. Great pics thanks for sharing :thumbup
  8. If the Marlins are in the hunt in late July, Loria may be in a huge bind. What will it say about his ownership if he decides not to help the team by aquiring help at the trade deadline ? What message will that send to Freddi & the players ? I don't think Loria really cares what the fans think, so our opinion won't matter, but his manager & players may think otherwise. Can Freddi opt out of his contract with Loria after the season ? If he does, can he immediately join another team or does he have to sit out until the contract would have expired ?
  9. Pudge would be wonderful. Gold glove defense so that we dont have more brainfarts behind the plate. And he would do magic to our pitching staff. What sucks is the price tag lol Which is why Loria will put the kabosh on this immediately. :banghead
  10. When has Mike Rabelo shown signs of being productive? In a galaxy far far away.....because it sure ain't been with the Fish. :banghead
  11. Mike Rabelo has shown signs of being productive In which alternate universe ? :blink:
  12. Frisaro made a typo, it should read Rabelo has shown signs of being counter-productive :lol :lol :lol That was exactly what I thought....typo on the sportswriter.
  13. last chance to see our new stud pitcher, playing for the Georgia Bulldogs at the College World Series.
  14. The deal is based on him passing a physical. Once all that is clear, it should be released then. Wasn't this physical to happen on Thursday or Friday ? I guess a big press conference will be scheduled for next week ?
  15. Why does it seem that Willingham's trade value is huge? I always find it strange too, because while it seems he's serviceable, it doesn't seem that he has "STAR" written anywhere on his game. Then again I am just a fan, and not an MLB scout.
  16. Well Gammons is weird, because, I see that as Treanor pretty much... I might be alone in that, except Treanor hits better than .205... we're looking for (if anything) a catcher that can pull his weight offensively, and I have an idea on how to make that happen, but Im not ready to be flamed for throwing it out there yet I think what Gammons was saying was that we could have a .205 hitting catcher that has the defensive skills of a Varitek and be alright with that. The unfortunate thing is both Treanor and Rabelo are not that good defensively.
  17. Nice job, from what I remember, it took us very long to sign Dominguez. Yeah wasn't it just hours away from the deadline when we finally got him signed ?
  18. Championship! :lol But seriously, good work getting it done, and quickly. :thumbup
  19. I certainly hope so, but I can't remember if he was invited last year or not. I don't think he was but maybe my memory fails me. If he isn't chosen, what excuse does MLB have ?
  20. For those MLB.TVers, is anyone else thoroughly fed up now with the "Hi, this is Victor Martinez..." and "Hi, this is John Main..." inserts repeated ad infinitum? Can they not get some new ones (I keep screaming "THROW A ****ING STRIKE THEN!" whenever Kevin Gregg tells me to "Keep watching") ? At least they've dropped the Manny Ramirez 500/Ken Griffey Jr 600 ones, although they kept them going two weeks after both targets had been reached. Bring back the Yankees bobble-head!
  21. I don't care if Rich and Tommy are the best or not, I love the job they do and would not want to have things be any different. To me, Tommy is as familiar as a friend, he puts things frankly and is passionate about the team. Rich provides an atmosphere of fun that makes watching the Marlins fun. I like the Cubs WGN announcers, but nearly every other team broadcast crew is pretty horrid (especially the White Sox, Braves, and Rays). Oh Dwayne Stats is not that bad, but Joe Magraine is putrid. Tampa needs to seriously think about updating their color announcer.
  22. If you watch games on MLB.TV, you often get to see how bad other teams announcers are. I didn't appreciate Tommy and Rich as much until I started watching games online. Living in New England I also see the NESN guys doing the Red Sox games all the time and I can't stand them. I like guys that are knowledgeable and fair. They don't have to be impartial but at least objective. I think Tommy and Rich are. I have MLB.TV for work (yes I am a corporate time stealer :thumbup ) and MLB Extra Innings at home on the DirecTV. I would rank our guys right up there with any of the teams on TV. I also like the Arizona guys. Mark Grace is a hoot with great stories & just a funny personality. Seattle also has 1st rate announcers, starting with the legendary Dave Niehaus. His voice is distinctive and worthy of his newly won place in Cooperstown. Mark Grace was wonderful when they did that switch with Hutton Trust me, he is worth staying up late to listen to. If the game is a blowout, you still keep the game on, because he will entertain.
  23. they are better then most but id listen to vin scully anyday over them maybe ten years ago, but Vin now is just boring & old, and often repeats the same stories 2 or 3 days in a row, and once last year I heard him tell one story twice in the same game. He is a legend, but must be at least 85 years old. There is a time to retire, even for Vin Scully. :thumbup
  24. Oh I forgot to give my worst -- easily the guys for the Nationals. Just horrible, and always mispronouncing names and making mistakes galore. If I want to watch a Nationals game I turn the sound down, and would rather listen to silence than their drivil.
  25. If you watch games on MLB.TV, you often get to see how bad other teams announcers are. I didn't appreciate Tommy and Rich as much until I started watching games online. Living in New England I also see the NESN guys doing the Red Sox games all the time and I can't stand them. I like guys that are knowledgeable and fair. They don't have to be impartial but at least objective. I think Tommy and Rich are. I have MLB.TV for work (yes I am a corporate time stealer :thumbup ) and MLB Extra Innings at home on the DirecTV. I would rank our guys right up there with any of the teams on TV. I also like the Arizona guys. Mark Grace is a hoot with great stories & just a funny personality. Seattle also has 1st rate announcers, starting with the legendary Dave Niehaus. His voice is distinctive and worthy of his newly won place in Cooperstown.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.