Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jayson Stark has Marlins rumors

Featured Replies

Gone fishing: The Marlins are so convinced they're going to be in the race to stay that other clubs report that they're beginning to hunt for center fielders, catchers and bullpen help. But this has never been a team interested in quick fixes. So indications are they might be amenable to dealing some of their young players who would be eligible for arbitration this winter (Josh Willingham, anyone?), plus prospects, to bring back players they could control for several years. And their lack of interest in starting pitching indicates they're confident that Josh Johnson -- clocked recently at 96 mph during a rehab start -- is going to make a big impact in the second half.

 

? Seeing Red: Despite all the talk about the Reds' trading Junior Griffey and/or Adam Dunn, the player who might attract the most interest is actually Ryan Freel, a guy who's "on everybody's radar," said one executive.

 

We've heard Freel's name connected, in some form, with every contender in the NL East (Phillies, Braves, Mets, Marlins), just for starters.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=34...&type=story

Gone fishing: The Marlins are so convinced they're going to be in the race to stay that other clubs report that they're beginning to hunt for center fielders, catchers and bullpen help. But this has never been a team interested in quick fixes. So indications are they might be amenable to dealing some of their young players who would be eligible for arbitration this winter (Josh Willingham, anyone?), plus prospects, to bring back players they could control for several years. And their lack of interest in starting pitching indicates they're confident that Josh Johnson -- clocked recently at 96 mph during a rehab start -- is going to make a big impact in the second half.

 

? Seeing Red: Despite all the talk about the Reds' trading Junior Griffey and/or Adam Dunn, the player who might attract the most interest is actually Ryan Freel, a guy who's "on everybody's radar," said one executive.

 

We've heard Freel's name connected, in some form, with every contender in the NL East (Phillies, Braves, Mets, Marlins), just for starters.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=34...&type=story

Willy for Freel and maybe a catcher? I am not so sure about that...At least he is an upgrade over Amezaga in CF

Interesting, idk how i feel about Freel, but i like the fact that he mentioned that the Fish might be looking for a catcher, let's just hope they decide to trade with the Rangers.

Interesting, idk how i feel about Freel, but i like the fact that he mentioned that the Fish might be looking for a catcher, let's just hope they decide to trade with the Rangers.

Willingham and a couple pitching prospects for Salty and David Murphy would be nice.

Interesting, idk how i feel about Freel, but i like the fact that he mentioned that the Fish might be looking for a catcher, let's just hope they decide to trade with the Rangers.

Willingham and a couple pitching prospects for Salty and David Murphy would be nice.

No thanks. We're strapped enough for pitching help. Jacobs and Lorenzo Scott for Salty could work though.

Any GM who trades for Willingham deserves to be fired within minutes of the announcement.

 

He is damaged goods (his greatest value is right here with the Fish) and until he shows he can play everyday without another event (not unlike Dallas McPherson having to prove himself) even the late lamented (he ain't dead, just gone) Bill Bavasi would think twice before taking Hammer. Not to mention he'll never pass the physical.

 

Hermida on the otherhand, as he appears to be getting warmed up now for another hot second half potentially could bring in a boatload of talent if the Marlins believe it would be easier to bring up a Gall (just a name, not "the" name) or other corner outfielder.

Hermida on the otherhand, as he appears to be getting warmed up now for another hot second half potentially could bring in a boatload of talent if the Marlins believe it would be easier to bring up a Gall (just a name, not "the" name) or other corner outfielder.

 

 

 

no thanks

I don't like the idea of trading the 24 year old RF'er, who I believe will only get better. If you're gonna trade him, trade him when his value is at its highest (like Uggla's is right about now). Hermida will only get better, in my opinion...I don't see the point of trading him.

no more hermida debating please. any body goin out to the dean tonight to watch jj. i asked my dad but hes busy. damn

Hermida on the otherhand, as he appears to be getting warmed up now for another hot second half potentially could bring in a boatload of talent if the Marlins believe it would be easier to bring up a Gall (just a name, not "the" name) or other corner outfielder.

 

 

 

no thanks

I don't like the idea of trading the 24 year old RF'er, who I believe will only get better. If you're gonna trade him, trade him when his value is at its highest (like Uggla's is right about now). Hermida will only get better, in my opinion...I don't see the point of trading him.

 

Slow day on mb.com when I agree with Erick, also, he has a similar injury cloud (though not as severe as Willingham's) decreasing his value

Hermida on the otherhand, as he appears to be getting warmed up now for another hot second half potentially could bring in a boatload of talent if the Marlins believe it would be easier to bring up a Gall (just a name, not "the" name) or other corner outfielder.

 

 

 

no thanks

I don't like the idea of trading the 24 year old RF'er, who I believe will only get better. If you're gonna trade him, trade him when his value is at its highest (like Uggla's is right about now). Hermida will only get better, in my opinion...I don't see the point of trading him.

 

Slow day on mb.com when I agree with Erick, also, he has a similar injury cloud (though not as severe as Willingham's) decreasing his value

 

Good point.

Personally I'd love to see a trade with Texas for Milton Bradley and Max Ramirez.

 

It'd cost a lot, but Milton Bradley would bring back two draft picks and Max Ramirez would be around until Skipworth is ready.

 

I don't really like throwing out trades but maybe something like one of Logan/Gaby, if the org is going to stick with Uggla than Coghlan, if not then an OF spec (Raynor probably the second best behind Maybin, but I'd want to keep him because for as much as I love Hammer, his back is way to detrimental for the team. If Hammer comes back this season healthy and finishes the season well, then I'd like to see him traded in the offseason and Raynor take over in LF. So hopefully maybe like Cousins instead), than any three of our abundance of pitchers, something like Tucker/Thomson/Trahern. Still might not be enough though, cuz I'd imagine Milton would require a lot (Due to other team's interest aswell. A Class A FA with a 1.000+ OPS is gonna be very expensive in a trade, expecially one that can play CF). BUt if we can do it without moving any of our major league talent (sans-Tucker) and neither Volstad or Maybin, I'd like to see it done.

There is no way the Rangers are gonna give up Salty for Jacobs and a prospect. They gave up Teixeira and a couple other really good prospects just to get him, they're not gonna settle for that.

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

Why do these experts insist that Willingham is such a hot commodity? As one of our older players, he provides very little value for teams who are looking to trade away salary and get younger players in return. And then there's the injury concerns. But to the Marlins, he can be very valuable, as with his situation he will not demand much money and can still produce at a high level with the bat, and is much improved defensively over the years.

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

 

Uhh...Teagarden is a catcher.

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

 

Uhh...Teagarden is a catcher.

He's thinking Henry Rowengartner, the pitcher coming off Tommy John. They say he is actually throwing better now than he did before, but his manager always forgets his name.

 

Shoe in for the Rookie of the Year...

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

 

Uhh...Teagarden is a catcher.

sh*t, my bad. I was thinking of someone else.

 

In that case, yeah, show me Ramirez.

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

 

Uhh...Teagarden is a catcher.

He's thinking Henry Rowengartner, the pitcher coming off Tommy John. They say he is actually throwing better now than he did before, but his manager always forgets his name.

 

Shoe in for the Rookie of the Year...

I thought his name was Henry Rosinbagger. :confused

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

 

Uhh...Teagarden is a catcher.

He's thinking Henry Rowengartner, the pitcher coming off Tommy John. They say he is actually throwing better now than he did before, but his manager always forgets his name.

 

Shoe in for the Rookie of the Year...

 

lol, I actually just tried to google his stats....

 

That was one killer eephus pitch he showed too

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

 

Uhh...Teagarden is a catcher.

He's thinking Henry Rowengartner, the pitcher coming off Tommy John. They say he is actually throwing better now than he did before, but his manager always forgets his name.

 

Shoe in for the Rookie of the Year...

 

lol, I actually just tried to google his stats....

 

That was one killer eephus pitch he showed too

HAHAHA!

Yeah, I'd imagine Salty is their catcher of the future and it'd be better to talk about Ramirez/Teagarden.

 

And yeah, Jacobs still has basically 0 value. Maybe we could get an average reliever for him....

In the condition their pitching staff is in, I highly doubt Teagarden is available.

 

Uhh...Teagarden is a catcher.

He's thinking Henry Rowengartner, the pitcher coming off Tommy John. They say he is actually throwing better now than he did before, but his manager always forgets his name.

 

Shoe in for the Rookie of the Year...

 

lol, I actually just tried to google his stats....

 

That was one killer eephus pitch he showed too

:notworthy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.