Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

cdy_0513

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cdy_0513

  1. No. Hell no.
  2. see how much your social issues matter when we go bankrupt... Oh keep quiet. You're a slave to money then you'll die. Money's sure as hell important to me but I have my values and what kind of life would it be if I was forced to live by your sh*tty rules? No sir. I just know that the social issues that are being harped upon now are the same social issues that have been for the past 50 or so years. People will never be satisfied. It doesnt matter what resolution is reached, because people will still try to take it one step further. Money in my pocket is not the issue. Money being borrowed is the issue. You are a slave to your debtors. We are involuntarily borrowing at an astronomical rate. It has to stop.
  3. I really don't think it is that systematic. I can't even think of an example of the Democratic party exploiting a Libertarian candidate to steal Republican votes. It is that systematic. I don't have the link with me but third party candidates receive funding from the party using them. Sure it is, but that doesn't mean that it's not the right thing to do. Sure there might be some exploitation as well. Luckily for me, social issues are more important at this point in my life. So I'd be happy with Obama winning and knowing I voted for Gary Johnson. That might change down the line once I'm out of school, paying taxes, etc. but I hope some 12 years down the line this country can pull its head out of its ass and make an effort to split from the two party system. Doesn't look hopeful, but the slim ray of light that is Ron Paul is making a big difference on the youth I guess. see how much your social issues matter when we go bankrupt...
  4. If it's a team sport, why ain't the Republicans being good teammates and allowing our current POTUS to get anything done? WHAT??? There were two years that he could have done anything he pleased, and all he did was pass a healthcare bill that is opposed by over 70% of Americans.
  5. Wes helms I will end my life if this happens. I wouldn't completely hate this...that is, until he activates himself for a bench role...
  6. Pete Rose....oh, wait. I say go get Pudge.
  7. I'm a Marlins fan, and my other team is the Jacksonville Jaguars. Welcome to sports hell. Just remember, though, the Rays were a laughing stock for a long time. Marlins World Championships: 2 Rays: 0 True, but then again there's the whole "you guys bought your championships" argument people love to make. The Yankees and Red Sox bought every championship they've ever had....
  8. I have a hard time deciding where to side here... One part of me thinks that having to live with the death of his child is enough. The rest of his life will be a nightmare. Im sure his wife will resent from now on for sure. The other part thinks he should be charged. He made a mistake that cost someone their life. There are laws in place to try to prevent these situations. How do you guys feel? I'm pretty much in full agreement with you
  9. In his country, people aren't so freaking sensitive... Welcome to America...where people get all butt-hurt over stupid stuff. Pun intended.
  10. Ehhhh...I'm not happy with Loria, sooo... Hanley wore out his welcome here. Even if he wins the triple crown the next five years in a row, he still wasnt performing like that here. He needed to be gone. He wasnt doing anything for us. For us, Hanley was an overpaid, less than mediocre, drama queen. I do wish we wouldve cashed in a little better on him than we did though.
  11. The guy is an f-ing moron. Of course dems will take this and run with. People just need to know when to shut the heck up.
  12. Is there any way to determine what kind of PED's they were using? or if it was an accidental type of thing? I'm always a little frustrated with these suspensions because I don't really know what to make of them. testosterone, according to espn
  13. Lee's production has far surpassed LoMo's. With that being said, I don't care if LoMo is our 1b of the future. Lee is better. If he wants to be here for a reasonable price, you do it! LoMo hasn't produced well enough to be considered our 1b of the future anyway. One could argue that he has been hurt, but he has been hurt constantly, so there's another issue.
  14. Before the gane during bp and warm ups. Get there when the gates open. Typically 1 1/2 hours before the game starts. You can go down to the lower level at that time. Get autographs, baseballs, etc. Players usually dont stick around after the game for autographs.
  15. Change is "possible" every year. Doesn't mean anything unless he PROMISES change (like Obama). :| Sure hope that isn't the kind of change we're going for. We better get used to sucking.
  16. I still think our physical therapy, medical staff, and athletic training staff need a shake up. You my man are preaching to the choir! Someone please pull up deadhorse, I've been on this for the last few seasons, at least since DeAza had an "ankle sprain"... You realize that happens in every single organization, right? The injuries, or them misdiagnosing the injuries? Injuries happen, nothing we can do about that. Our training staff misdiagnoses a hell of a lot of injuries. It is pretty overwhelming the amount of guys that are day to day, then end up on the DL, or out for the season.
  17. Even if non-governmental people (foolishly) call for the shutdown of CFA, that still isn't a First Amendment issue. As bob said, it only protects individuals against government repression of speech. I understand that. Plenty of them are mayor and such, though, which I would imagine is protected under the first. Ater that, the non-govt people could turn govt real quick because it would be discrimination against ones beliefs. I know they're non govt, but even though they typically fight for gay rights, the ACLU already weighed in on this stating that they would support CFA if they were being forced to shut down.
  18. If I am Reyes I am demanding a trade at this point. What a shame that we are wasting such a good player on this joke of a team. Every single person in management needs to get fired. Players get ripped all season but management is immune to blame. f*** this organization. whoa, whoa...Reyes has been playing great as of late, but he played over half this season like straight up sh*t too though. He isnt justified in demanding anything.
  19. It'd be cool if, instead of doing that, you maybe provided some examples of people thinking that Chick Fil-A corporation should be shut down by the government. Might be asking too much, I know. http://chronicle.com...Protest/133347/ http://www.huffingto..._hp_ref=college http://www.kansascit...sy-reaches.html http://www.latimes.c...,0,568001.story Now I know these probably wont be sufficient, but here some of many articles pertaining to people wanting to shut them down. One of your articles pertains to a mayor explicitly saying the opposite of what you are saying, but at least you brought some proof. The problem with your argument at it's core is that these still aren't really related to free speech, because the first amendment only protects from government censAll of this comes back to people expressing their reactions to what he said. I included the article about Bloomberg because he is responding to those that think the government should step in. I think you're trying to make the 1st more complicated than it is. It's pretty simple really...I can say l or believe whatever I want to. You can bitch about it if you want to, but under the 1st I legally have th right to express my view. Just like you have the right to express you displeasure of my viewpoint. There really isnt anything anybody can do to take away either of those right regardless of how much you or I dont like the other's opinion, expressions, statements, etc.
  20. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183290/NFL-star-Justin-Durant-says-boycott-Chick-fil-A-came-support-SLAVERY--chickens-tasty.html?ito=feeds-newsxml haha...oh geez
  21. It'd be cool if, instead of doing that, you maybe provided some examples of people thinking that Chick Fil-A corporation should be shut down by the government. Might be asking too much, I know. http://chronicle.com/article/In-Gay-Rights-Protest/133347/ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/07/30/christine-quinn-nyc-chick-fil-a-nyu_n_1719538.html?utm_hp_ref=college http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/26/3725629/chick-fil-a-controversy-reaches.html http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-bloomberg-chick-fil-a-20120727,0,568001.story Now I know these probably wont be sufficient, but here some of many articles pertaining to people wanting to shut them down.
  22. I've literally heard nobody say "Chick Fil A should be shut down." well, you also dont think this has anything to do with free speech, so...
  23. Like I said, it is a big spiral of people that think they have the rights to limit other people's rights See, that's the thing; no, it isn't. I don't understand why people don't seem to get this. Freedom of speech also protects criticism of other's speech. It works both ways. Criticizing someone's speech does not mean you are infringing on their rights in any way. It means you are expressing your own right. The inability of some to comprehend that is so baffling to me. the criticism of his beliefs are not in question to me. They have that right. I would never try to argue that. There are people calling for CFA to be shut down because he doesnt think it is ok to be gay. That is my concern. People want to control his freedom and rights because he doesnt support their lifestyle. That is not ok. If you dont like what he stands for, go somewhere else.
  24. Somebody said something. Other people disagreed with it and decided they would not buy product from said person. Other people disliked that those people disagreed with it, and some of them took that, somehow, as an infringement on the original person's right to free speech. Beyond the empty grandstanding by the mayors of Chicago and Boston, who don't have the ability to do what they threatened anyways, I can't see any way that this has to do with free speech. i was typing when you posted your last post, so i didnt see it. I agree 100% with the second paragraph. The first however, imo is not at all how this played out. Keep in mind, the msm blew this up. The interview that triggered all of this was given to the baptist press. MSM release this and poured as much fuel as they could on the fire with intentions of causing uproar.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.