Changes in FO possible

Ive been pretty anti-Beinfest/Hill but if Loria was involved with the Bell and Buck signings like they say he is, then I have trouble faulting them for his stupidity. I hope if they bring someone in, it will be someone who has the sway to get Loria to butt out of baseball decisions since hes pretty terrible at that.

I want 3 of the teams scouts replaced. Replace the ones responsible for the teams busts. Then give the new president of baseball operations power to fill those 3 spots.

I want Hill and Beinfest replaced.

I want Dan Jennings replaced.

The replacements need to operate with sabermetrics in the front of their minds.

That's all.

I agree with this. It sounds like scorching the earth, but that's basically what you have to do if you want to enact real change and introduce a new philosophy.

If you just get rid of Beinfest but keep Hill, you accomplish virtually nothing.

If we Get rid of Jose and Buehrle anytime soon, I will be beyond f***ing pissed.

Obviously I agree with this, but Buehrle is scheduled to make $18 million and $19 million in 2014 and 2015, when he's 35 and 36 years old. That's a ton of money for somebody who should be far past the prime of his career at that time.

If we Get rid of Jose and Buehrle anytime soon, I will be beyond f***ing pissed.

Obviously I agree with this, but Buehrle is scheduled to make $18 million and $19 million in 2014 and 2015, when he's 35 and 36 years old. That's a ton of money for somebody who should be far past the prime of his career at that time.

I could live with Buehrle going after a year or two for that very reason you mentioned but Reyes could easily fill that Latin player area the front office wanted to fill, not outshining the fact that Reyes is a good player. i could see him taking over Hanley's position as the face of the franchise even though Stanton will naturally assume that role by most of the fans.

I just think losing Reyes after Hanley will severally damage any good will that Loria was trying to build and will be a clear sign not to get hopeful about things in the future.

I dont really see what Loria has to gain now in playing low ball with Salary now that the Stadium is built.

I want 3 of the teams scouts replaced. Replace the ones responsible for the teams busts. Then give the new president of baseball operations power to fill those 3 spots.

I want Hill and Beinfest replaced.

I want Dan Jennings replaced.

The replacements need to operate with sabermetrics in the front of their minds.

That's all.

I totally agree with you regarding Jennings, he did nothing for the Rays and he's been here long enough to make a positive difference. Think we need a change with Beinfest and Hill, but I'm a little unclear which 3 scouts you would fire, I'm sure the scouts recommend the talented players, but have a feeling the FO doesn't want to spend the money for better players. Also they need to invest more money in foreign scouting the D.R., Venezuela, hell Japan for that matter have they signed a Japanese player since 2002?

I highly doubt they would just get rid of Reyes and buehrle. If they did that I think selig would step in. Seriously.

Just last night Juan Rodriguez interviewed Samson and said the team wants to build around Reyes and Stanton.

And people are acting like the marlins are getting no fans. They made a huge improvement and their average percent of capacity is 12th in baseball. Maybe if they played a little f***ing better they would have over 30,000.

They said none of the moves were financially driven and the ownership better hope for their sake they weren't. They promised payroll would remain competitive and the fans better hold them to that. They can't get away with keeping revenue sharing money anymore.

But some younger players will be cheaper but perhaps better too.

Yea, I personally went to less games this year because of the damn teams performance, I was pretty furious in June/July. So I'm sure I wasn't the only one, so I agree 30K would have been realistic had this team been closer to contention. And how is that bad? That's pretty damn good. I don't mind the Buehrle trade sometime in the future because it is incredibly bloated but you need to keep Reyes. If they extend JJ, then I'm fine with any Buehlre trades. I think a much bigger problem than Buehrle are Buck and Nolasco and Bell.

Even though I think Bell will bounce back, there's still no reason he should be making what he is.

I highly doubt they would just get rid of Reyes and buehrle. If they did that I think selig would step in. Seriously.

Just last night Juan Rodriguez interviewed Samson and said the team wants to build around Reyes and Stanton.

And people are acting like the marlins are getting no fans. They made a huge improvement and their average percent of capacity is 12th in baseball. Maybe if they played a little f***ing better they would have over 30,000.

They said none of the moves were financially driven and the ownership better hope for their sake they weren't.

Well, average percent of capacity is misleading, considering the stadium is on the small side. They are 18th in average attendance, which is still pretty damn decent and would certainly be better if the team didn't lick the baboon coochie.

Hopefully, with some craftiness and miracle working, the're able to unload parts or all of two of the Buck, Bell, and Nolasco contracts in the offseason. And reinvest that into Stanton's longterm deal and a FA CF.