August 15, 201214 yr from mlb: BREAKING: Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.
August 15, 201214 yr Is there any way to determine what kind of PED's they were using? or if it was an accidental type of thing? I'm always a little frustrated with these suspensions because I don't really know what to make of them.
August 15, 201214 yr Man. That was the best fantasy trade I made all year. Alex avila for melky straight up. This sucks because I really wanted the marlins to go after him. Now we have to question his year with the royals.
August 15, 201214 yr Luckily I keep Alex Rios as my UTIL for fantasy, who is also an OF. So that means finding a replacement is as simple as finding the best player available
August 15, 201214 yr WHAT?! A .720 career OPS guy suddenly had a .910OPS in a contract year and he's busted for roids?!?! Another perfect example of why you don't sign guys that have 7 years of mediocrity compared to one great year.
August 15, 201214 yr Man. That was the best fantasy trade I made all year. Alex avila for melky straight up. I traded Granderson and Vogelsong for Melky and Cueto, and then just picked up Avila (who I had drafted and then dropped some time ago) out of FA a couple of days ago. I've been doing really good in my league, but daaaaaamn this is going to screw me.
August 15, 201214 yr Thankfully Melky was one of many of the top OFers that I own, so despite him being very productive, I can deal with the loss.
August 15, 201214 yr I always wonder if sometimes a decent player gets dumped by a team because they figure it out but fail to report it... Anyone ever think of that? Like... I notice a lot of players getting caught on teams they've just joined. Often times we've seen former Marlins getting caught as well. You think that maybe sometimes rumor gets around in the locker room or something, or perhaps whispers make it up to management and a player is let go of because of that? I mean... I dunno. I'm not saying any team is dirtier than the next...
August 15, 201214 yr Melky did have some decent years with the Yankees and had a good year with the royals. I think it may have started with the royals last year?
August 16, 201214 yr Is there any way to determine what kind of PED's they were using? or if it was an accidental type of thing? I'm always a little frustrated with these suspensions because I don't really know what to make of them. testosterone, according to espn
August 16, 201214 yr I didn't want the Dodgers to win the NL West after the Hanley trade but now with this Melky news I think it's only right that the Dodgers take the division from the Giants...
August 17, 201214 yr So when he appeals and its discovered that the guy handling the sample carried it in his left hand instead of his right will he be cleared? It's kind of comical to me that mostly everyone (not just here) is readily assuming Melky is guilty just because he's playing above his head this season while the majority seemed to give Braun the benefit of the doubt.
August 17, 201214 yr Mostly because Braun's numbers hadn't changed, with the exception of stolen bases going up.
August 17, 201214 yr So when he appeals and its discovered that the guy handling the sample carried it in his left hand instead of his right will he be cleared? Not only cleared, but the purest of all guilt and personal impurities. Much like a new born child. In fact, one could say that his victimization in such a case would make him an even better person than he was before. Not to mention that it would be a marquee...! no, landmark...! no, iconic...! milestone for baseball, proving that not all players use steroids. He will have proven that there is still good in this league. No, in this world! All hail Milky Fernando Bender Rodriguez Cabrera III !! For it is he who hath delivered the word of the good lord, and shall save us all by banishing homosexuality from our Chick-Fil-A's nationwide!
August 17, 201214 yr Mostly because Braun's numbers hadn't changed, with the exception of stolen bases going up. That's not valid reasoning.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.