Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

97marlin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 97marlin

  1. so, a few problems. Article was written fine. Just have a problem with the idea presented. We are going with aggregate pitching staff. We need lots of depth in bullpen arms. Of the players mentioned Anderson is the only one I am actually excited about going forward, but I would really like to give him more AB's in AAA. With all of that said, garcia is the only one that can act as a bridge man. The other two have to improve a little bit. Neither of them can function in that role. I'm not sure how many 1 inning guys we are going to have in our pen. besides the 4 already listed. Ramos, BearClaw, Tazawa, Ziegler. From there we have 4 longish guys, 3 of them being Urena, and Phelps and locke. Really not too much room for a guy like either of those two. Garcia could fit if there are injuries. or maybe if we go with a 3 inning save once in a while they might work in the middle innnings, but i don't see that happening.
  2. This was an awesome move. Not much given up for a guy who creates depth to our Aggregate Pitching staff. He can come in and be a starter. He can come in and be a bridge guy. He is a very useful player for us.
  3. This is the most exciting thing to happen to the marlins in years. The front office clearly believes in the bats. They gave Benedict free reign to come up with something and he did. We aren't going to have a starting rotation the same way other teams do. We will have a team built much more similarly to a spring training team. Have a few guys getting like 120-150 innings. It might work. if you look at splits of most of the guys we have they can't get through the order much more than once. By re-imagining a pitching staff we have created an aggregate starting rotation that might be able to compete with the likes of the rest of the division. You all have to realize if this fails we will be bad. But if we did nothing we would still have been bad so there is no loss in trying. I'm really excited to see if the aggregate pitching staff is a functional way to play baseball. If it is watch out. We might be a team to be reckoned with.
  4. okay, so I'm gonna throw out my two cents. I just want to hear your thoughts. Move Phelps to the starting rotation, add Neftali Feliz. Then literally all we have to do to be a good if not very good team is Hech has to be a major league average hitter.
  5. if Puig can be gotten for little of value, and he can contribute to the team for the rest of the season than we can sell one of our other outfielders(ozuna/resell puig) and potentially retool our dead farm. I get it he is a club house cancer. I get it he hasn't been great. He still has opposite field power. And the physical gifts to have a great glove. Think of Puig not as a ballplayer but a stock. If we buy him for nothing now. and He is good the rest of the year, or at least mediocre we can sell him for a much higher price at the winter meetings. A-Rod will not solve this teams problems. We don't have bour, and we won't have stanton. We need someone, and we shouldn't spend real prospects.
  6. First. He hasn't been that productive this year. It isn't a huge loss. Ichiro has only been marginally worse. Also we could go get Puig?
  7. no. How it would work after the waivers end they release him and he becomes an unrestricted free agent. they are responsible for the contract that is already in place. For him to be a marlin he would be offered a league minimum salary.
  8. We don't have a first basemen. But here is the big question. Is A-Rod an improvement?
  9. Dietrich is fine at getting on base. Dee just needs to not get caught at first. Getting caught at first is the most frustrating thing.
  10. Dee Gordon has been tagged out on the basses a few times. Dietrich has been tagged out once. Waste of outs.
  11. NEWS ALERT: "Marlins Decide to Forfeit Rest of Season Due to Low Payroll. The Owners and Management Have Decided that a Low income Team could never compete" -The Baseball News Inquisitor I guess you all were right. And here I was thinking we just didn't have Bour for the series.
  12. so I repeat. Will Phelps throw hard or not?
  13. Hey, David Phelps, one of the most consistent arms in our bullpen, is being moved to the rotation on Friday. I'm just trying to understand what this means for his stuff. Before he was a bad pitcher because he could only throw low 90s. This year he has been able to hit 95 with 2 of his 3 fastball offerings. Does anyone know if I/we, should expect that same relief arm or if I/we should expect that awful POS he was last year as a starter. If the latter, I'd rather give urena and/or nicolino the start.
  14. No. We keep the phone on. keep touching base but until the Rea diagnoses comes through do not do anything.
  15. I'm gonna look at pitch F/x from yesterday. Maybe Phelps isn't a bad idea.
  16. it is a blow because I expected good things. I didn't hate the trade and I liked the acquisition of rea. If cashner's slider works then this isn't a big blow. 3 more starts of urena then chen (assuming tj). It doesn't change our projections because the projections were based on Rea the guy in san diego. I'm so pissed.
  17. Rodney is like 100 YO I just want him to be good this year. I could care less what he does next year
  18. Right right. And they don't? I figured the rule was 12-18 months. He had it in march
  19. Hard throwing lefty, with a strange delivery. I'm thinking 15 months
  20. Capps won't pitch till mid-june best case. He throws hard so I wouldn't have expected him back till July. Capps will not be an all-star next year. Not enough innings.
  21. We only had Capps for like 80 innings anyway, and we would pay him something like 15 million dollars and those innings are best case. It is a loss, but criminal idk. Naylor might never develop power. If he doesn't he isn't a major leaguer. Cosart sucked. Castillo was being rewarded for a pitcher friendly park. Rea has a lot of stuff to like, but he might never put it together. Cashner could (see slider comment) be a solid pitcher right now. Third guy throws hard with movement, you can decide how you feel about him. I'm not in love with the trade but it wasn't a bad trade.
  22. For the record though, I prefer Rea. Rea has a cutter that I love. If he can spot and change speeds between his three fastballs and use his curveball as an out pitch he could be solid if not great #3. That is why tonight (up until the injury) was a great sign. Remember Jim Benedict has been getting a lot out of mid season acquisitions for the last few years.
  23. Yes and no. At the surface maybe, but when evaluating a guy like cashner who has had big league success by either metric you have to see what changed. This year his slider has been a bad pitch, without an effective slider he is a bad pitcher. The reason you should be some what curious is his slider has been better over his last few starts.
  24. You have to decide what you prefer ERA+(baseball-reference) or FIP(Fangraphs). Personally I'll take FIP because it is a better predictor of future success.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.